England
Total votes: 3 (30%)
France (No votes)
Argentine
Total votes: 1 (10%)
None of the above
Total votes: 1 (10%)
Total votes: 10

I've analyzed the Germany vs Italy match in more detail (July 4, 21:00, Dortmund). The Germans are currently trading at 2.42 and Italy at 3.70 on Betfair. The backdrop is that Italy (the underdog) has a slight advantage through-out the game mostly due to the placement of Cap Asc ruler Saturn (favourite) in the 7th house (underdog's territory). There are two major events modifying this picture as far as I can see:

1. Part of Fortune opposing the Moon (underdog), helping the favourite: from 9:24 (24th min) to 10:00 (45th min).
2. Moon casting a square to the Asc, helping the underdog: from 10:09 (54th min) to 10:40 (85th min).

So from this it appears that the Italians will start reasonably well, but the latter part of the first half belongs to the Germans. However, Italy should be dominating most of the second half, which I believe will give the match to them. Which means that the kick-off chart is indicative of the final outcome for this match (today, but don't ask me tomorrow :)).

I'll try to look at the other semi later tomorrow.
Peter

Hi Peter,

Interesting method, moving the chart along in real time. Gosh, there are so many ways of looking at these things aren't there?

Do you have a prediction for the score?

Cheers,
Fi

Fi,

I haven't looked at the chart in terms of scoring. Btu now that you asked, here is what I see:
  • - Right from the start, Asc ruler Saturn and MC ruler Mars are badly placed (7th and 8th houses, respectively). Mars is opposed by Neptune and also moves into the 7th soon. Saturn receives a sextile from Venus but is squared by Jupiter. So that's pretty bad for the favourite, and Italy may score in the first 20-25 minutes.

- The lift Germany gets from the Moon opposing Fortuna for the rest of the first half doesn't look that significant because the Moon is well placed in the 9th and is receiving a sextile from Pluto.

- Germany gets another slight chance for the first 8 minutes of the second half when the Moon is in the 8th but not squaring the Asc yet.

- From that point on, Italy's chances are increasingly better: Moon sq Asc, Jupiter (later ruler of MC) in the 8th, Mercury (later ruler of IC) in 7th opposing Asc.
So perhaps several chances for Italy and one at the most for Germany. Final score? 1-0, 2-0 or 2-1 for Italy.
Peter

Italy won this one 2-0. The goals came at the end of extension time, at 11:28 and 11:30 pm EDT. The Italians more or less dominated the match, but neither side could convert chances into goals during regular time.

At the time of the goals, the Mars-Neptune opposition just passed the Des-Asc angle, and the Venus-Uranus square lined up with IC-MCsq. The Sun was on the cusp of the 6th, the Moon on the 8th.

Regarding the Portugal vs France match, the results of real-time analysis are mixed. Portugal (underdog) seems to have the upper hand for most of regulation time, but France (favourite) gains significantly during the first part of the second half. Score could be 1-0 to Portugal or 1-1 if France can capitalize in the second half. If the game goes to extension, France receives sufficient support to turn the match around.
Peter

So far two favourites, Brazil and Germany, have been beaten with detrimented Saturn in 7th. This time the underdogs have fallen Moon, so not so clear-cut perhaps. There's more to it than that but it's one of the reasons why I thought this one would go to penalties.

The odds are interesting. Portugal to win in 90 mins - 3/1. After extra time - 14/1. After penalties - 9/1. France 90 mins - 10/11. Extra time - 12/1. Penalties - 9/1.

Very difficult to know with these matches at what stage there will be a result.

France advanced on a questionable penalty. The time was approximately 9:33 pm, and the only significant factor in the event chart at that time is how the Part of Fortune is courted by several planets:

1. The Sun perfects a sextile at 9:32
2. Venus semisextile 9:34
3. Uranus sextile 9:36
4. Nodes semi/sesquisquare 9:32

True, Pluto also crosses into the 11th (Regiomontanus) house at 9:36, but I'm not sure how to interpret that. The favourite (France), however, is clearly benefiting from all four aspects: Sun as general significator of vitality, Venus as Fortuna Minor, Uranus as significator of the unexpected (penalty), and difficulty for the Nodes as significators for the underdog (Cancer Descendant).

Italy should prevail in the final according to the heavens. I will look at the event chart in more detail shortly.
Peter

It was like watching England play. Portugal did everything but score. Oh well.....

Only two more matches to go (don't forget Saturday's). I shall have a look at them both nearer the time.

Portugal did everything but score.
And that highlights one of the major difficulties with astrology in general (as far as I understand it), namely the question of manifestation. In this match, Portugal (the underdog) was indicated as having better chances overall. But while many things could be indicated at any one moment in time, only certain things will materialize. Perhaps that's where intuition comes in, but I'm not an astrologer so I wouldn't know from experience.
Peter

The third-place playoff sees the hosts (favourite) playing against Portugal (underdog) in Stuttgart, Germany, at 9:00 pm CEDT (Asc is 10Cap52).

The first part of the first half are variably favourable to both sides, but from that point on the square between Uranus and the Part of Fortune is decreasing in strength while Fortuna's conjunction to Venus and trine to Neptune are increasing, giving a formidable advantage to Germany for the rest of the first period. At the start of the second half, placement and aspects of the Moon (ruler for underdog) are hindering Portugal, and this state of affairs is continuing even when the horizon changes signs. The last fifteen minutes should be more balanced due to placement of Fortuna's antiscion and ruler of the 2nd house, but Germany will still hold a slight advantage.

Overall, Germany should fairly easily overcome Portugal, perhaps even by two goals.

P.S. I should also note that the kick-off chart favours Germany to a small extent, which is more or less in agreement with the above.
Peter

Although it's difficult to envisage Portugal beating Germany, the chart seems to show that they will. Saturn, Mars and antiscion Venus are all in 7th (Portugal). Saturn has previously only won one out of three games and that was by a penalty goal and the Moon was in Scorpio.

Antiscion Moon is just inside 1st which is the only factor I can see in Germany's favour. That could swing it but nevertheless I'm going for Portugal to win 2-1.

We'll see ....