New job for my brother?

I asked the question, "Will my brother get a new job soon?" at 8:31am in Chicago, IL

23 degrees Cancer rising, Moon in 14 of Leo and Mercury in 26 degrees of Gemini. http://www.astro.com/cgi/showgif.cgi?la ... res=63&va=

So, I cast the chart and since I'm asking about my brother, he is represented by Virgo on the cusp of the 3rd. However, his 10th house is ruled by Gemini! So, both he and the job are the same significator. If I use the Moon as his co-significator, it will conjunct Mercury in 12 degrees....12 being a significant number. Now, Mercury is in a mutable sign and the Moon fixed, so what would the timing be?

Next, we have Mercury in his 10th house conjunct the MC. I see that as a very positive sign for getting at new job as it is also in its exaltation in Gemini. Mercury has moved away from a square from Pluto (authority struggles at current job) and is void of course, except for a semi-sextile to Mars in Cancer (if you count such a minor aspect.)

Now, I generally see this as good, as the Moon makes a trine to Pluto (good relations with an authority) figure and then the sextile to Mercury, my brother and the jobs ruler.

Do you all agree? Disagree? See anything different, bad or better than what I have?! I am really new to this so any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
:)

I dont see anything between the moon and that oncoming sextile, the ascendent seems to be perfectly valid, and I notice that he just past an opposition with Pluto, which would seem to indicate that he just past a very trying time. so things should be getting a bit better. I'd say that you got a pretty direct answer here.

Granny

I am terrible with timing, but first you look to see if the house is cardinal, succeedent or cadent, AND then you apply the motion of the planets involved. Moon moves Quickly, but its in succeedent house if I recall, notlooking at it directly right now, CArdinal is Fast, hours days, succedent is not so fast, days weeks months, and cadent is slow, months years, etc... really timing is not somethign I'm good with!

Granny

Hi,

With the timing, simply think about the question that you asked: 'Will my brother get a new job soon'.

With the significator's of both the job and himself both being the same planet in the sign of it's domicile, and in his turned tenth, then your question has been answered in the affirmative: Your brother will get a new job soon.

It isn't necessary to try and determine exactly when this will happen, because this is not the question that has been asked. It would be different if you had asked 'When will my brother get a new job?' However, you only asked whether he would be employed soon or not - chart answers in the affirmative - he will get a job soon. The chart need be no more complicated than that, according to the question you asked.

Whatever time period you would interpret 'soon' to be, is the time period within which your brother will find a job.

Draco :wink: