job application

A friend of mine asked about the otcome of his wife's job application: Will my wife get the job? He and his wife work at the same factory whom I know both personally.His wife's office is next to mine; she is unhappy and wants to change her job.

Chart data: Eskisehir, Turkey, May 23 2006, 14:16hr (asc is 22.22 virgo)

Querent is asking about his wife. His wife is signified by Jupiter as it rules the 7. house (pisces). Her job is 10th from the 7th, so 4th house (sagittarius) which is ruled by Jupiter again. In case of shared significators Moon, otherwise being a co-significator, signifies the querent to my knowledge. Hence we have Moon signifying the wife, and Jupiter signifying the job applied for.

Moon is peregrine in Aries 12.59 and about four degrees from the 8th house cusp, so technically she is in the eight house. This shows she (wife=applicant) is unhappy and worried with the existing situation. I also personally know that she desperately wants that job and she feels quite depressed at the time. So Moon's position describes her present condition.

Jupiter is in his term (the only dignity that Jupiter has) in scorpio 11.41, retrograde and five degrees away from the 3rd house cusp. So, he is not in a very good condition either. As there is no mutual reception between Moon and Jupiter, maybe that job is not worth applying for in the first place.

In her course of trael, Moon is going to make a conjunction to Venus, and soon after to be interposed by a square to a strong but debilitated Mars, which I think is quite destructive and discouraging, then a similar interposing square by a strong Saturn in detriment, another serious obstacle to overcome, and finally an opposition to Jupiter.

Taken all together, I predict that the situation is unpromising and a positive outcome is highly unlikely.

So, no, she is not supposed to get the job.

1) Any comments?

2) Because when Moon opposes Jupiter she is in taurus where she is exalted, does this improve the situation a bit? In other words and general terms, do we consider in horary the essential and accidental dignity of a significator's final position where he perfects the aspect, or we always and only regard the initial condition?

Thanks in advance.

Sigma

After posting the message another thought came to my mind.
Or should I instead take the ruler of the ascendant (mercury) as signifying the querent and look to aspect between Mercury and Jupiter, jupiter being the significator of his wife's job.

If this is correct, the whole thing changes.

Mercury goes to trine with Jupiter, albeit perfecting the trine in the next sign. Since perfecting a trine with a significator is a good thing, the otcome turns to positive: Yes, she (my friend's wife) is supposed to get the job applied for.

Which way should I go?

Hello,

Assuming that it's the husband that asked the question (not the wife), "Will my wife get the job?",

Querent = 1st H, ruler = Mercury
Wife = 7th H, ruler = Jupiter
Wife's job = 10th of 7th = 4th H, ruler = Jupiter
In this case, Moon (usually co-significator of querent) can be taken as co-significator of wife.

Moon in Jupiter's Dorothean triplicity and Jupiter in Moon's Dorothean triplicity but Moon's Fall sign - indication = no.

Moon does not apply to Jupiter, indication = no.

We might want to look at almutem of houses involved as Jupiter rules both significator of wife and her job.
Almutem of 10th of 7th (= 4th) = Jupiter (same as ruler)
Almutem of 7th = Venus

Venus in detriment (wife not in good condition) in Jupiter's Dorothean triplicity and Jupiter in Venus' Dorothean triplicity but also in Venus' detriment sign - indication = no.

Venus separates from opposition to Jupiter, indication = no.

Traditional empirical twist:-
Question was asked during Mars day and (more importantly) Mars hour. Mars in the chart is in Fall (Cancer) indicating a negative outcome.

Another traditional empirical twist:-
Daily matters are governed by the moon and the degree + ruler of the degree of previous lunation (new or full moon). Previous lunation = full moon in Scorpio (fall!) and ruled by Mars. Mars in horary chart is fall (in Cancer) and Moon applies to square Mars - general indication of negative outcome (of course this is only general!).

Modern twist:-
Even if we take Neptune as ruler of 7th, outcome still seems to be negative. Pluto on the 4th (wife's job) suggests another more powerful person (being Pluto) is after the job or returning to the job or at least has experience with the job (Pluto retrograde).

PS: If it is the wife (or both husband and wife) asked the question, the whole interpretation will be different!!!

Dear Astrojin,

I really appreciate the input.

In fact, I have always wondered how Dorothean triplicity system of rulers are used in horary. It has been a good and informative example for me.

Now I also await input from others who follow Lilly.

Best,

Hi all,

Just to keep you informed of the outcome: No, my friend's wife wasn't accepted; someone else got the job instead. (This I learned last month but forgot to write it down here.)

Sigma