How do I go About Interpreting This?

Hi all,

I just had to come here and ask, because I know that some of you will be knowledgeable enough to help me on this. If you can help me clear this up, then I will always know how to approach a question like this in future, so I would be most appreciative. The question regards making a choice between two routes of action. A woman has asked me a question regarding her career and marriage. She has had some measure of success as an actress, having had television work and made films. The thing is, she is wondering whether or not to get married, which would see her moving out of her native country to Italy. This would mean giving up on her current connections where her career is concerned. She is wondering whether she is better to get married and move abroad, or to stay where she is, as she has had success career wise, which may continue in future, but may not if she moves away.

My first thought was to simply look at the significators of the tenth and seventh houses, and see which of them are in better condition in relation to her significator by way of dignity, reception and aspects. However, I am unsure, because surely this would only reflect how things are at the moment of the query, and not reflect how things would be in the future regarding the making of each choice. Am I to look at what the next thing each significator, for career and marriage are doing in future, by way of aspects, change of sign, house etc. and intepret this as the future of each thing should she make this decision? I'm just confused as to how to go about this.

The simplest idea would be to simply analyse how each significator relates with her own significator, but I am unsure that would reflect the future of each option rather than reflecting her situation currently. Then again, as the question regarded the future of each option, then perhaps the chart could only to be interpreted in this context? I feel this is right but I cannot be certain, and I don't want to give the wrong information.

A little guidance anyone?

Draco :wink:

Hi,

How about just using the "Stay/Go" technique?

1st house represents "Stay", i.e. keep the situation the same, don't go, don't take the new option

7th represents "Go", i.e. make the change, take the option.

Weigh up the dignities of each, see where they're going to, and base judgement on that.

E.g.Lord 1 is strong in own sign while Lord 7 is in detriment - STAY!

Lord 1 is strong in own sign but moving to conjunct Lord 12 while Lord 7 is at 27 degrees of a sign and approaching its exaltation - GO!

Etc, etc.

It may be that the chart is quite emphatic. Or it may be finely balanced, at which point the judgement is simply "It doesn't really matter"!

Hope that helps.

Keren

I would say, quite honestly, that if she has to ask an astrologer whether or not she should get married, then the answer is clearly a 'no'. You don't need a chart to see that.

Good point archergirl!
I see this as more of a career question though - it seems what the querent is really asking is "Will my career suffer if I move?" So maybe the 10th house needs to be brought into consideration. Possibly along the lines of: Is Lord 10 strong where it is? STAY! Is it unhappy and will be better off in the next sign? GO!

Just my thoughts :)

K

I believe Lilly has an chapter named "should I stay or should I go", oh, sorry, that is the clash ;-)
But, he uses the 4th for the home and 7th for the new place... see which is better.
This involves all the considerations, of job, neighboors, general happiness, etc.

Hello Yuzuru,

I think the bit of Christian Astrology you are referring to is Chapter XXXV.
The question is posed ' If good to remove from one house or place, to another , or to stay or abide in any place or not.' ( page 212 Astrology Classics edition)

In actual fact Lilly seems to look at the Ascendant, 4th house, and the 7th house in his examples. Its too long a section to quote here. However, Lilly outlines excellent advice on what to look out for in this type of question.