Total votes: 4 (9%)
Mercury
Total votes: 6 (14%)
Moon
Total votes: 4 (9%)
Total votes: 44

Pisces_Girl wrote:
I have two candidates for Lord of Geniture in my chart:

- Moon in Cancer in the 11th, conjunct Sirius and most elevated planet in the chart
- Saturn in Capricorn in the 4th (5th if whole sign) is final dispositor of everything but the Moon

How to know which one is the LoG? Could there be two lords?
Traditional LoG calculation ignores the night/day issue but it was very important in ancient astrology. Were you born during the day or night?

If you are a night birth that Moon in Cancer would be highly influential and would be a very strong candidate as LoG.

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

I take Lord of Geniture to mean Almuten Figuris, which is Sun in my case; he is also my Hyleg.

If you mean a dominant planet, this would be Jupiter, which rules my Sagittarius stellium, is in his term, conjunct MC (in 9th WS) and Lot of Spirit. As Jupiter rules my Sun and the Lot of Spirit is in Jupiter's term and near him, I can safely say that Jupiter describes my soul perfectly. :)
Amor ordinem nescit.
Love does not know order.
- Saint Jerome -

I would try [if it is allowed] to link these two posts:
http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic ... 6349#76349
since my post there [on Lord of Manner] and Lord of Geniture are closely related [at least in this particular example].

Tom [and others] already explained the speciffications of these terms, so what I would like to offer here, is Robert Burton's explanation of every particular planet as LOG, written in his life-work "Anatomy of Melancholy":

As if Saturn be predominant in his nativity, and cause melancholy in his temperature, then he shall be very austere, sullen, churlish, black of colour, profound in his cogitations, full of cares, miseries, and discontents, sad and fearful, always silent, solitary, still delighting in husbandry, in woods, orchards, gardens, rivers, ponds, pools, dark walks and close: Cogitationes sunt velle aedificare, velle arbores plantare, agros colere, &c. To catch birds, fishes, &c. still contriving and musing of such matters.

If Jupiter domineers, they are more ambitious, still meditating of kingdoms, magistracies, offices, honours, or that they are princes, potentates, and how they would carry themselves, &c.

If Mars, they are all for wars, brave combats, monomachies, testy, choleric, harebrain, rash, furious, and violent in their actions. They will feign themselves victors, commanders, are passionate and satirical in their speeches, great braggers, ruddy of colour. And though they be poor in show, vile and base, yet like Telephus and Peleus in the poet, - Ampullas jactant et sesquipedalia verba -, "forget their swelling and gigantic words," their mouths are full of myriads, and tetrarchs at their tongues' end.

If the Sun, they will be lords, emperors, in conceit at least, and monarchs, give offices, honours, &c.

If Venus, they are still courting of their mistresses, and most apt to
love, amorously given, they seem to hear music, plays, see fine pictures,
dancers, merriments, and the like. Ever in love, and dote on all they see.

Mercurialists are solitary, much in contemplation, subtle, poets,
philosophers, and musing most part about such matters.

If the Moon have ahand, they are all for peregrinations, sea voyages, much affected with
travels, to discourse, read, meditate of such things; wandering in their
thoughts, diverse, much delighting in waters, to fish, fowl, &c.

He also points out, that certain mental states according to the lord of the geniture, will be accentuated when:
The time of this melancholy is, when the significators of any geniture are directed according to art, as the hor: moon, hylech, &c. to the hostile beams or terms of Saturn and Mars especially, or any fixed star
of their nature, or if Saturn by his revolution or transitus,
shall offend any of those radical promissors in the geniture.