Total votes: 4 (9%)
Mercury
Total votes: 6 (14%)
Moon
Total votes: 4 (9%)
Total votes: 44

Lord of Geniture in Your Chart?

Hi all,

I thought it might be interesting to start a poll to see if any particular planet outweights others among forum members as to what planet is the Lord of Geniture in our charts.

My own is Saturn upon it's degree of exaltation in Libra in the seventh.

I was wondering what the Lord of the Geniture is in your own chart, and how you feel that you apply this strength to your astrology or to your life in general.

My guess is that in this poll, there will be an emphasis upon Saturn and Mercury. I'll just have to wait and see.

Draco :wink:

What if you have mercury in virgo and saturn in libra(as I do)...which is it then?

The odds are Mercury in Virgo would be your LOG, however if, for example, Mercury is in the 12th house and Saturn is in the first, then Saturn would be the LOG. The idea is to select the strongest planet by essential dignity that can act. Mercury is Virgo in 12 is not in as good a position to act as Saturn in the first.

Your question is interesting though as there are more than a few charts that have more than one planet with a great deal of essential dignity. The astrologer has to make a judgment call and try to determine which planet is in a better postion to act. I've toyed with the idea in such cases, that we need to look at the planet that will be the most influential by direction either primary or secondary and use that one.

Tom

Hi all,
I`ve voted. My LoG is Mercury in Virgo in 10th house. I`ve found it very useful when I had to improve lack of water in my chart. My temperament is melancholic and it was Mercury who helped me to avoid my sometimes rather cold behaviour. Mercury in Virgo - being able to analyze myself.

Best wishes
Trojan
Reges Subjucent Legibus Stellarum

So far Draco is dead on the money - my LOG is Saturn in Cap in the 1st.

Talk about when the going gets tough.........
I enjoy being unruffled (and somewhat cold) when everone else is in fully blown panic stations.

Susie

Lord of the Geniture... I'm not sure of mine. There are three candidates:

1. Saturn is Asc. ruler - he's sitting right on the MC, but is peregrine (in Sag - no dignity or debility)...

2. Jupiter is in Pisces in the first house but not the same sign as the cusp, and also squares Saturn (afflicted by malefic)...

3. Moon in Cancer trines lovely Jupiter in Pisces - she makes no other aspects so is free from affliction... but she's tucked away in the 5th making no aspect to the Asc...

So we have Saturn accidentally strong but no essential dignity

Jupiter essentially strong but squaring Saturn and not in a powerful place

Moon essentially strong, helpful relationship with strong Jupiter, but not in a powerful place

I've usually gone for the Moon as she is unafflicted... Any thoughts?

Strong Saturn definitely influences my choice of astrology camp however :)

Although I have mercury exalted, it only forms a (very tight) conjunction with my sun and a trine to my midhaven from te sixth house. I think my uranus (in scorpio in the 8th hosue as part of a water trine with a pisces moon and cancer venus and square my nodes) is much stronger, as is my mars (lord of my ascendant, on a critical degree and conjunct pluto. Yes, it's in libra, which is its fall...but given my career choice, a libra mars is not so bad, and it's strengthened by pluto and the critical degree influence.

Oops :oops:

I had been using the wrong birth time, and have discovered that I was in fact delivered by caesarian section operation at 6pm, and was not born at 7:05pm. This means that the LoG in my chart is in fact Mars in Scorpio in the ninth, and not Saturn in Libra in the seventh.

Saturn is in fact the ruler of my Aquarian Ascendant, which is perhaps why I related to it so well as LoG. I had thought I was Pisces rising, but I have Pisces intercepted in the first, which is why I resonate with the sign so strongly.

Therefore, there should be one less on the poll for Saturn, and one point instead for Mars. However, I was still right in thinking that there would be Saturn / Mercury emphasis in this poll, at least so far.

Hi Keren,

I would go for Jupiter in Pisces in the first, I wouldn't make any bones about the fact that it isn't the same sign as the cusp, it's still first house and so in the strongest of the angles. I wouldn't imagine that Saturn's condition would affect the significance of the aspect that it has with Jupiter. The Moon in Cancer having aspect with Jupiter would outweight any adversity of Saturn, if Saturn's placement is not strong. I'm not so sure that even an adverse aspect from a badly placed malefic, would stop Jupiter being LoG in your chart, it would just make the LoG behave differently, rather than disqualify it. However, I'm only a junior in these studies, but these are just my thoughts.

I presume that as you have Pisces in the first, but the cusp is in a different sign that you are Aquarius rising with Pisces intercepted in the first. Me too. How do you feel that your intercepted Pisces in the first manifests in your life? Do you relate strongly to the Piscean archetype?

The Moon in Cancer is a good strong placement, and it's strength is reinforced by aspectual contact with domicile Jupiter, but the fifth house isn't nearly as strong as the first.

How do I feel about having Pisces intercepted in the first house? I feel it's a bloody waste! *laughs* For example, why couldn't I have been born just a bit earlier and got Pisces on the 2nd cusp, with Jupiter inside? Then I'd be rich!

Given I have Jupiter, Sun and Mercury in Pisces, it's a bit of a bugger having them in the first but not the same sign as the cusp. They don't express through the Asc. as obviously as boring old Saturn, who sextiles from Sagittarius and generally means I appear pessimistic and pretty boring to the casual observer :) So I find my intercepted Pisces stuff only comes out when people get to know me.

Interesting thoughts about my Lord of the Geniture... In retrospect it seems a little daft that I didn't factor in the Moon/Jupiter trine as strengthening to *Jupiter* as well... Thanks for pointing that out!

That makes me feel better :) I like my happy jovial Jupiter, even if he doesn't aspect the Asc. Hurrah!