Marriage?

Hi, everyone, I'm very new to this exciting technique, so bear with me!

I asked the question, "Will I be married within 2 years?"
5/23/06, 9:05am, Chicago, IL

Now, 2 things. One, is that too long a time to project? Secondly, do the major significators have to make an aspect to each other for the answer to be yes?

The AC is 23 degrees of Cancer, making my significator the Moon. The ruler of the 7th house is Saturn.

Now, the Moon is in 14 degrees of Aries in the 10th and Saturn is in 6 degrees of Saturn in the first. I know that having both significators in Angular houses gives them strength, and the Moon is 9 degrees from conjuncting Venus. The only other aspects made by the Moon before it leaves it's sign are a square to Mars in Cancer and a trine to Pluto in Sagittarius.

The 2 significators make no aspect to each other, although their last aspect was a trine. Saturn also makes many aspects before it leaves the sign of Leo. So, I guess, I see this as positive by the aspects the Moon makes and the position of the significators (although I'm aware that Saturn is debilitated by being in the sign of Leo). But I see it as negative because there is no aspect between the significators!

Am I supposed to look at the aspects made by the sigficator as it moves through its sign, too?

Any help would be great, as I'm trying hard to learn!

By the way, I'm not going to be devestated if the answer is no, so no worries there!

Thanks!

marriage?

I'm still learning too but I think Mars on the asc is significant since it is square the moon which represents you the querent and the asc represents you too.
Also that the moon is in the 10th house and sextile neptune in the 8th I wonder, does the idea of marriage possibly appeal to you more than the reality? Or do you tend to want an ideal mate and everyone falls short?

As for the moon in the 10th, do you love your work and could that possibly interfere with marriage?
And with Saturn being the ruler of the 7th and posited in the first it seems to me the answer is no. Could it be that since the moon will conjunct Venus in 9 degrees (though also be square Mars) that it could happen within 9 years instead of 2? Or in 9 days and shock us all, especially you :brows

that's my two cents,
Paula

Thanks Paula! I agree, I was concerned about the square of the Moon and Mars, but I thought it might have been softened a bit by their being in each other's signs.

Lol, yes, maybe 9 days, months or years.

I know that both Saturn and Venus are in their fall, though. So, that can't be good! But they are both in angular houses, which makes them stronger, so it's a little confusing.

Hi Kris,

I'll have a go at this.

I'm knee deep in Lilly's 'Christian Astrology' at the moment, and according to his rules for the question, 'Of marriage, should it take effect or no?', then it seems to suggest that that you will be married within two years, however, it would seem that the marriage would be hastened on by people around you, so you should be mindful that you are getting married for the right reasons for you and your partner, and not for the satisfaction of those around you who would like to see you married. Here is my reasoning according to Lily's rules:
Give to the Querent the Lord of the Ascendant, the Moon and the planet from whom the Moon is separated; and to the party inquired, the Lord of the seventh, and the planet to whom the Moon does apply; and if the querent be a man, then add the Sun, but if a woman then add Venus.
According to these rules, then you are the Moon and Saturn, because the Moon is both the ruler of the Ascendant, and your general significator anyway, and Saturn is the planet from which the Moon separates.

The other person cannot be Saturn, ruler of the seventh, as this planet is already taken by you. The other person can be shown by Venus, as this is the planet to which the Moon applies.

As I do not know what sex you are, I cannot attribute the Sun and Venus according to this, as I cannot simply presume, so I will have to put this consideration to one side for the moment, at least, until I know better.

(In any case, if you are female, then this would leave the other person with no significator, as you would have already taken Saturn and Venus, which I find dreadfully confusing. Someone please enlighten me?! :? )

Anyway, Lilly says:

.......if there be translation of light between them (your significator Saturn, and the other person's Venus, which there is) then it shall be effected (the marriage) by the means of friends or acquaintance; also the Moon in the tenth signifies the same (the Moon is in the tenth), also, the application of the Moon with Venus effects the same, but by the mediation of friends.

As we can see, the Moon translates light from saturn (you) to Venus (the other), the Moon is in the tenth and applies to Venus. So according to all these rules then the marriage will take place within the time frame you have inquired of, but there is the strong suggestion that this will largely be due to the influence of friends or the people around you. So I would be aware that you would marry to the satisfaction of yourselves rather than to satisfy others.

Bear in mind this is not a thorough interpretation, for I have not yet considered dignity or receptions, but I refrain from doing that yet until I know what sex you are, and until someone more experienced could assist me in clearing up my confusions over the attribution of significators.

I hope you are in fact male, as this makes things easier. :-?

Deb? Tom? Sue? Anyone? Could you please help to straighten me out on this one? How can a planet represent two people at the same time if the querent in this case is a female? Surely this creates no end of confusion?

I need to know Kris, whether you are a boy or a girl, and I need to know about this confusion over significators, and then , if necessary, I will return to rectify my interpretation, and have a go at throwing dignity and reception in as well, and perhaps find out more about the influence of these friends and aquaintances. :)

I hope someone helps on this one because it will really help me to learn.

(I'm presuming that you are male, as I asked a horary as to your sex, and you were shown by Mars in Cancer, and it's dispositor is the Moon in Aries which receives Mars, so I'm thinking that you are in fact male, in which case I'm happy with the interpretation)

Draco :wink:

Hi Kris,
I, am in fact, a female!
LOL. In which case, I'm confused. This would mean that the other would not be Saturn, the ruler of the seventh, because you already have priority upon it in that it is the planet from which the Moon separates, and you are also Venus, as the woman, so the other cannot be Venus either as the planet to which the Moon applies.

This has me very confused. Does anyone know what to do regarding the attribution of significators in such circumstances? What am I doing wrong?

Draco :wink:

Thanks, Draco, for looking at it!

Could the significator of the partner being in my house be reflective of the future relationship?

I admit to not being familiar at all with Lilly's books, though. I have just started to learn, so I'm sure my observations seem extremely simplistic! Thanks for any insight that you can offer that will make it all easier to understand!

:)