Is he interested in me?

hi all,

im a beginner and self taught, so Im highly likely to make mistakes in my chart interpretation. itd be great if you please share your opinions on my chart and my interpretation.

i erected a horary asking whether this guy is interested in me. I met him in German class last week and even though Ive only seen him like twice, I kept on thinking about him and wondered whether he is interested in me, too.

the querent, myself, is represented by Mars which is the ruler of the sign of first house, Scorpio. it has rulership in 6th house Aries where he also face.

the quesited's significator is Venus, which is the ruler of Taurus, the sign of 7th house. it is placed in the 5th house Pisces, where it exalts. the Venus is placed where my significator, mars, has triplicity, term and face. I thought it might indicate that he is pretty much interested in me.

The quesitied's co-significator, the Sun, is also placed in Pisces, where Mars has Triplicity and face. On top of it, the sun is going into Aries, where Mars rules. I interpreted it as, he will soon be increasingly interested in me, or even into me.
I wasnt sure whether I could say Venus is also going into Aries, because it is about 4 degrees away from the sign - i thought it might be little bit too distant to think it as going into the different sign.

There is no aspect between Mars an Venus, however, I think the collection of light is happening by the sun - the venus, the faster planet, is applying to the sun by conjunction, whilst the slower planet mars is also applying to the sun by conjunction (or is it? i am not sure.)

My co-significator Moon is applying to both Venus and the sun by square, without any reception. I dont really know how to interpret this part, but I guess it might indicate we have feelings for each other, even though it is not a great love or something.

So, overall, I came to think that the answer for the question is 'yes'.

but as I said, im still a beginner and I probably made many misjudgement here. please share with me your opinions :)

Thank you.[/img][/url]

Hi Sulme,
What an interesting chart form! :'

I am not sure whether Saturn, L5, retrograde in Scorpio on the ascendant, or other major significators in cadent houses are such an encouragement. However, your significator Mars is dignified by both sign and face. The Sun who is L11 is about to enter Aries. Maybe this offers a change of focus and a change of situation that will lead to something better?

Good luck with your studies!
http://www.astronor.com

Sulme,

You said:
My co-significator Moon is applying to both Venus and the sun by square, without any reception.
Unlike John Gadbury who went way out and deviated by using the 5th of romances for relationship querys, Lilly, our vanguard, uses the 7th for relationships.

And as Venus is squared as you noted, generally the first aspect to the lord of the matter, in this case Venus(7H), is squared a No verdict!

Besides as you have indirectly said there is No aspect between L1, yourself, and L7, the man in question, and the query!

The square is a No verdict!

Clinton Garrett Soule

Wise men know how little they know

Clinton Soule wrote:The square is a No verdict!
This particular square is not so bad, viewing that the Moon and Venus are friends by powers, i.e. moderate and moist; the aspect is cast through signs of short ascension; and Venus being the receiver of the application in her exaltation. The square through signs of short ascension makes a good move that saves the day! However, the significators are mutable and due cadent, which indicates changes of plan and 'the querent is due to end up somewhere else than intended' (Goldstein-Jacobsen).

Yet, I agree with Clinton Soule who suggests that your attention could better be directed elsewhere. I meant to mention that the chart is not radical, there being no relationship between the Lord of the hour and the radical ascendant or its Lord. My take on this condition is that it works like an untuned piano. It might be fun for a honky-tonk session and even promote the underdog - but it's hardly radical! :roll:

Clinton,

you said
Clinton Soule wrote:The square is a No verdict!

I thought that square and opposition aspects arent too bad when they are applying and come with reception as I remember reading somewhere in sky script that those aspects dont always indicate NO to the question, and Ive seen many charts that square/opposition aspects lead to positive results

Im not necessarily saying that my chart says Yes to the question asked, however are you sure that the square always indicates NO to the question asked?

Andrew,
Andrew Bevan wrote:I meant to mention that the chart is not radical, there being no relationship between the Lord of the hour and the radical ascendant or its Lord. My take on this condition is that it works like an untuned piano. It might be fun for a honky-tonk session and even promote the underdog - but it's hardly radical! :roll:
so does no relationship between L1 and L7 indicate that it is not a radical chart?

Also I was wondering whether the collection of light could be applied to the significators, as Venus and Mars are both applying conjunction to the sun - but i hardly understand about the collection of light, so I might be wrong.

and you said my attention could be directed to elsewhere - does that mean my mind or my feelings for him could be changed?

sulme wrote:so does no relationship between L1 and L7 indicate that it is not a radical chart?
No, you are not quite there but not far off. It is the relationship between L1 and LHr (Lord of the Hour) that should be examined. It is a general maxim that Lilly looked into before passing judgement on any chart, and you might be interested in reading up on it.
and you said my attention could be directed to elsewhere - does that mean my mind or my feelings for him could be changed?
With significators in double bodied signs, probably both. But that is surely not the issue here. Drift with your attraction, keep your eyes open and head in place and let it be a learning experience. Mind you, the mutable signs tend to go with the flow and sorting out the differences could be one of the things you are asking help about here.

Sulme, if you post a chart at Skyscript, several of us participating here will have limited time, just look at the chart and give it a 'yes' or a 'no'. This doesn't always give the time and space for considering your personal involvement. However, your detail in this chart does suggest that you have come quite far and eager into the astrological. That's great! Keep it up! :) :'

Is he interested in me?

The querent, Mars, ruled by a Jupiter in Gemini 8th house, Jupiter in detriment there, is almost out of combustion; you will soon have a clearer picture.
Mars dignified in own house but in malefic 6th house, his turned 12th house of secret deeds.

You are allured by the chap but might soon discover there is nothing to be content with.

Moon receives Mercury, Mars and Sun, squaring Venus and carrying her light onto Sun, ruler of 11th house: anything that might appear to be surfacing will end up into a sort of friendship.

Moon?s last contact was with a detrimented Jupiter.

True some planets are in signs of short ascension where the significance of dynamic aspects is turned upside down but here, aspects perfect in a sign of long ascension so, I would think a square is to be treated as a square.

Saturn rx in 1st represents a stricture for the reading of the chart, besides its ruler being combust and in 6th house.
NN at 19? Scorpio, considered the most accursed degree of all.

AC and Saturn in Via Combusta

Mercury ruler of 8th and 11th houses has gone direct so, quite active but malicious in Pisces, where it is in detriment and fall.
Mercury itself squares Jupiter, its co-ruler: any physical contact should materialise, it would not be as nice as hoped for.

Venus, ruled by an ill placed Saturn rx, is combust although at her exaltation degree, and here I would read it as she ? the quesited - being out of border, somehow; receiving Mars by triplicity, Saturn by Term and Mars by Face; something stirring on his side but he too, also considering the short time you have been acquainted for, does not have a clear idea, although there is a physical interest but the chart speaks into a direction which is not love, anyway.

Confusion as to ?interest?, from both sides.

On 8th of June a rx Saturn touches Mars? degree in a quincunx aspect which, although not being a Ptolemaic one, could be taken into consideration as something to be worked upon: Saturn, 4th house of the End of the Matter?s ruler and of 5th house of romance?s, affair?s (which is different from ?romance?), shows willingness to eventually accept even an awkward situation.

On 7th of August, Saturn direct will again be in aspect with Mars: a decision urges to be taken.

Andrew: the chart posted here is nice yes, but not specifically good for horary questions as it does not show cuspid degrees and dignities shown are a bit confusing as you can see if you check it against Skyscript?s table of dignities.

The chart is drawn with Morinus, a very interesting software which can be downloaded for free. In fact, a moderator from this site helped me overtaking some difficulties I had in doing it. When I shall be at my own computer I shall post the indications but, possibly, you will have done it already, should you be interested in having the software handy.

violalauraciao
ciaodalauraviola

viola magmar wrote:Andrew: the chart posted here is nice yes, but not specifically good for horary questions as it does not show cuspid degrees and dignities shown are a bit confusing as you can see if you check it against Skyscript?s table of dignities.
The terms can be hard to get hold of in the beginning and this chartform offers a great visual and starting-point for anyone new to the subject. I am sure your are right in that it can be improved. :'

Andrew,

thank you for all the information - I never knew about the lord of the hour, when its the most important part in horary in determining the whether the chart is radical.

yup im learning that this forum isnt really focused on the private chart interpretation but free discussions on various topics of horary.

also thank you for the encouragement :D I find Astrology very interesting and hope to keep up with the studies :)

Re: Is he interested in me?

Hi Viola
viola magmar wrote:The querent, Mars, ruled by a Jupiter in Gemini 8th house, Jupiter in detriment there, is almost out of combustion; you will soon have a clearer picture.
How is the Mars ruled by Jupiter? is it because Jupiter is the lord of the hour?

also who does the planet the Moon last separates indicate?

The chart is drawn with Morinus, a very interesting software which can be downloaded for free. In fact, a moderator from this site helped me overtaking some difficulties I had in doing it. When I shall be at my own computer I shall post the indications but, possibly, you will have done it already, should you be interested in having the software handy.
I agree with you I find Morinus very handy, and it is also free :D

The question like...

Is he interested me or not?, does not require aspects. Aspects are only needed when an event was/is in offing.

Receptions tell the story...

Lord 7 exalted and blinded (combust) by his own physical desires/masculinity (Sun)....and Lord 1 can only exalt... the Sun...and hate Venus (L7)...

IMO, this Chart does not bode well for meaningful relationship...
Regards

Morpheus

https://horusastropalmist.wordpress.com/