Who is the thief?

Dear Forum

I am a rank beginner at the art of Horary, and with a deep breath I plunge into the even deeper end of the pool....

Background:
Someone in our company has stolen money (again) from the till. There are 3 possible suspects for the latest incident: 1 young girl, 1 young man and 1 middle aged man.

Chart data is: 31 March 2006, 21:29 Local (19:29 GMT), Cape Town, 33S59
18E30. Asc is 7? Sag.

The company is fittingly described by Jupiter,retrograde in Scorpio in the 12th.
The thief is Mercury, caught between a rock and a hard place in Pisces. The person is described by Mars in the 7th. Short, well build and definitly a young man, which rules out 2 of the 3 people who had access to the till on the day of the theft.
But the double-bodied sign of Gemini - more than one thief? That would make perfect sense, because not only money goes missing, but also goods from our warehouse.

Now the thing that really confuses me is the applying trine between Mercury and Jupiter. The young man in question is well thought of as an employee. Could that be the signifance of the trine?

Timing-wise I'm up the creek without a paddle. In terms of resolution of this matter, does one look at the time when Jupiter will go direct in July?

I hope I haven't been too simplistic in my description, and I'll be very happy to learn from all the boffins on this forum, so thanks in advance for all your input.

Best,
Susie

Hi Susie,

A lot of activity is going on ?under the earth? in this chart, showing that at the moment everyone is pretty much in the dark about what is going on. But the strong applications show a good opportunity for the company to discover who is behind this. As well as the application between Mercury and Jupiter, you also have the Moon applying next to the sextile of Mercury, and the Sun applying to the sextile of Mars in the 7th. The Moon is opposing Jupiter and Jupiter is not well placed ? this chart has the signature of ?light fingered? attacks all over it. But I see the trine between Mercury and Jupiter retrograde in the 12th as suggesting that the company should also be prepared to get a bit clandestine in its activities in order to discover who the thief is. I agree there may be more than one with Mercury also being in a double-bodied sign. I also think that there are other attacks that you are not even aware of, since Venus (ruler of the 12th), is angular in the 4th conjunct Neptune.

Astrological descriptions can only take you so far and offer no proof for you to act on. In fact they can be dangerous if you get them slightly off, and then start to suspect someone who is innocent. But I do think this chart shows the company has the means to make a more practical discovery, so maybe some ?traps? need to be set?

Hope you keep us informed
Deb

Hi Deb

Thanks so much for your detailed reply - I will show it to my boss, who was much intrigued by my own simple little explanation. Needless to say, he is astounded at the power of astrology!

We had the police in yesterday (as a "show of force", so to say), and the next step will be to have cameras installed.

I will keep you posted,

Best,
Susie