Kirk Little's Paper on Divinatory Astrology

Kirk Little's survey of how divinatory astrology was rediscovered and reanimated in our times (with particular focus on Geoffrey Cornelius's work) has just been released in a major new edition - lots of minor refinements, and more than a third more text than the original. This is quite a piece of work. It's called 'Defining the Moment' and even though it's big enough to be a small book (and maybe one day it will be), you can get a copy for absolutely nothing from: http://www.astrozero.co.uk

Kirk remains keen to hear from anyone who has comments on his essay - please send all such to me and I'll pass them on.

Garry
Last edited by GarryP on Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I think that the title of this essay ?Geoffrey Cornelius and the Development of the Divinatory Perspective? says a lot about where its focus really lies. For certain Cornelius deserves his credit, and if we?re being asked to read this as a tribute to his achievements, fair enough. But on the suggestion that it is ?a survey of how divinatory astrology was rediscovered and reanimated in our times? I found it very unbalanced and it doesn?t tally well with my recollection of events. Olivia Barclay gets one brief mention for her efforts in circulating Christian Astrology and the effects of her wider influence are noticeably ignored. Why is this? I wasn?t always the greatest fan of Olivia but I would have to admit that she was probably the greatest catalyst for reanimating interest in divinational astrology, not just in England in the time period covered, but right across the globe.

I like Kirk Little?s writing generally and I have other comments that I?ll send on privately, but I felt it fair to put my objection to the airbrushing of Olivia on record.