Is it worth me continuing...........?

Hi all of you,

Would anyone be willing to help me with a horary?

Okay, so it's a relationship question, and these questions being of the most common variety are hardly of any special interest to the astrologer, but if some of you could help me with this then I'll promise to put up much more interesting and unusual horary / event charts in the future for your perusal. While not the most interesting of horaries, any information you have to offer would assist in my learning and be much appreciated.

I do not feel that I can trust this person, whom I suspect is a consistent liar, however, having a latent tendency to be rather suspicious and to be seeking out alterior motives even when there are none to be found, I cannot trust myself. However, due to my tendency to be a bit paranoid and finding it difficult to trust, then I fear that this person may be taking advantage of these weaker characteristics of my personality, and convincing me that I am reading too much into things, which given my tendencies to be overly suspicious, I am inclined to believe - rightly or wrongly.

My question is this:

'Is it worth me continuing to pursue this relationship?'.......

........but I am also interested in finding out from the chart:

'Is this person trustworthy, and if not, what is and has been kept from me?'

These questions were aroused in my mind after I had finished a telephone conversation with my partner, the first conversation in two weeks, when my partner stopped contacting me for no apparent reason, and would not answer when I called. I was baffled. I had presumed that the relationship had ended, but my head was left spinning in wondering why. There was no signs of anything amiss, I was just not contacted anymore, and would not get my calls answered. Then yesterday, I decided to try to call once more, and my partner answered the phone with an array of excuses as to why I had been blanked for a fortnight. I just don't know what to do now. Can I trust or not? Should I pursue the relationship or not?

These questions aroused in my mind just after the telephone conversation.

I very much regret that for some strange reason which I am totally perplexed by, I seem to be unable to upload any images today, otherwise I would prefer to upload the chart. :? This is just one of the most minor of the symptoms of that terribly blighted Mercury moving through my 1st house. I have never before experienced so many puzzling technical problems with my personal computer since this influence, such problems, great and small have driven me to despair recently, and on a few occasions I have seriously felt like throwing the damn computer through the window!.

Anyway, enough of my energetic waffling, here is the data:

March 20th, 19:32, 03-W-03 / 53-N-50 (Ascendant @ 12.24 Libra)

Given the Ascendant, then I am Venus. Venus is in the middle of Aquarius, and in the 4th house. The ascendant is appropriate in that the question concerns a relationship, the determination of that which is true and that which is not, and is proposed in order to help me to come to a decision.

Dignityu]

Venus is in it's term, affording me a little essential dignity, and given power by its angular house placement, although it is moving slower than usual.

Mars, ruler of the Descendant, is in Gemini in the 9th. Mars is only in it's face, and given less power by it's placement in a succedent house, but is moving swiftly.

Weighing up the diginities of the two, then there seems to be a generally equal balance of power. There is no one person that wields greater force over the other, this is a level playing field.

Receptionu]

There is no mutual or mixed reception between the two, so there is little indication for each of these energies to harmonise or integrate. Mars is in Venus' term, so Mars has more inclination toward Venus than Venus has for Mars, who does not receive Mars at all. Mars having more inclination toward Venus is hardly a reason to celebrate, as he is only in Venus' term, suggesting that Mars is only drawn toward a fondness for Venus.

Venus not having any reception of Mars would represent my current neutrality of feeling toward this person, no suprise, considering I had thought the relationship had ended, given my suspicions, and the fact that I was totally cut off for a fortnight for no apparent reason.

Mars only receives Venus by term, so perhaps this isn't enough encouragment to pursue the relationship, however, it is also something that can be built upon.

Aspect

Venus at 13.38 Aquarius applies an Air Trine to Mars at 16.18 Gemini. The application of this Air Trine would seem to make sense. It was me who endeavoured to continue trying to contact this partner and Air emphasises communication, so I am responsible for the revival of the relationship, I am the one in pursuit, yet given that Venus does not receive Mars, perhaps I am pursuing this to find out what the game is here, rather than out of love. Mars receives Venus' aspect with pleasure, as he receives Venus by term. So is this person playing a mind game with me and enjoying doing so? Or is that me characteristically reading too much into things? Perhaps Mars is just relieved that Venus is in pursuit, but to what end?

Looking at the other aspects of Mars, one strikes me as very interesting. Mercury retrograde seperates a Mutable Square from Mars, which is of considerable impact for Mars, as he is in the domicile of Mercury, and Mercury rules the cusp of Mars' house. These mercurial indications are intriguing, regarding that this question partly involves trying to determine whether Mars is a liar or not, and if what is said can be trusted.

Mercury, being in the terrible state that it is in currently, being the ruler of Gemini, would lend some of it's blighted qualities to Mars, as Mars resides in Mercury's domain. Now Mercury retrograde draws a square away from Mars. Mercury retrograde is lies - devious communication, so I have been lied to in the past, but as Mercury retrograde draws away from Mars, then will Mars become more honest in the future, or are the lies just distancing themselves?

Mars' placement in the sign of Gemini itself, the sign of liars, is of interest. Gemini is a bi-corporeal, voice sign, and having two heads, the only sign capable of conversation within itself. Mars in Gemini, may assertively deliver stories which lack truth, because it's despositor Mercury is retrograde, detriment and fall, as well as under the beams, and in such a bad state, Mars cannot really be trusted or relied upon to deliver accurate or precise messages, and so does not tell the truth.

Mars does not receive Mercury, and so Mars is not inclined to associate itself with lies and mis-communication, which leads me onto another consideration.

I have come to notice over the past months that we have been seeing each other, that my partner would seem to have something of a 'split personality'. Often this person will become very hostile and cold for no apparent reason, with seemingly no motive at all, such as when I was cut off for a fortnight for no apparent reason. These bizarre extremes of being stiflingly affectionate one time and hurtfully distant another, for no discernable cause or reason have caused to question the mental state of this person. Looking at this chart, Mars in Gemini, may well show me a troubled mind. It is the nature of Mars, like a knife, to cut and sever, and so the twins of Gemini are separated and function independantly of one another - a split mind, a dual personality, jekyll and hyde.

This might be why Mars does not receive Mercury, because Mars does not associate himself with the lies, they come through him but not from him, they come from some other side of the mind, and it cannot be helped, and yet Mars in Mercuries domain is inevitably dominated by this influence of mental confusion.

Although I might be wandering up the garden path with this.

Venus separates from a Fixed Square from Jupiter retrograde, although I am having trouble trying to find significance in this. Any ideas?

I notice that Venus is in Saturn's domicile and Saturn rules the cusp of the house Venus is in. So what does Saturn have to say about Venus? Saturn is retrograde in the 10th. I think that this shows how I have been dominated by regret and sorrow, and reviewing the past of this relationship, wondering whether my suspicions have any ground, raking through the past identifying reasons to doubt my partner.

To summarise I would imagine that the chart indicates, that the relationship is worth pursuing, only as long as I am aware that the partners interest in me is only luke-warm at the moment, and to be aware that I may only be in pursuit in order to investigate the person's motives for such odd behaviour (which has been frequent). I must bear in mind also that I have been lied to in the past, and given the poor state of Mercury, and the Mars quesited in Gemini, I may be lied to again - the other person cannot seem to help telling lies or being dishonest.

Perhaps I ought to leave this relationship alone?

This is an important horary to me as I intend to follow it's advice, yet being my own horary, and concerning an issue I feel so strongly about it is difficulat to remain objective, and allow logical analysis to overcome emotional urge.

Can anyone give any insights onto this chart. What do you think is right or wrong in how I have interpreted? What would you say? You may come up with indications which would totally contradict my interpretation. I welcome any comments as your information would be valuable, as it is hard to remain totally objective with this chart.

Thankyou,

Draco :wink:

No ideas anyone? :(

It may be that you think that I have interpreted it well enough, but due to the emotional investment I have in the question, I would much appreciate an external, objective opinion on this chart.

Hi Draco,

I don't have the opportunity at the moment to look at this closely but just a couple of things.

Mars is in the terms of Venus. Therefore Venus is receiving Mars. It is Venus that is the more interested. However, this is quite weak and most authors would probably see this as being of little real significance. Venus is inviting Mars but in a very halfhearted way, which, it appears from your post, is what is happening.

There is an applying trine betwen the two significators suggesting that there will be further contact. However, as you point out, there is no mutual reception between the two significators. Many traditional authors would not consider the aspect without there being some reception. I don't necessarily agree with this completely but, in this case, with both significators lacking in any real strength, I would suggest that it will be very difficult to maintain the contact.

Thanks for responding Sue,

I think I was hoping for a ray of light in this chart, but the implications would seem clear.

I'm better off without being in this relationship anyway. Oh well, at least now I'm free to find someone else who will be worth my attention.

Cheers,