10th House - Shd I quit my job?

10th House ? Should I quit my job?

24 Feb 2006
7:21pm ACDT -10:30
Adelaide SA
34S55 138E35
Asc 23 Leo 15

Querent: Sun (5 Pisces 7th) & Moon (14 Cap 5th)
Quesited = Job = 10th: Mercury (23 Pisces 7th)

Moon separates from sextile to Sun
Moon applies to sextile Jupiter

BACKGROUND

The querent has been on the ?shall I stay, or would I better if I went? roundabout for a couple of years. She has been toying with the idea of a radical career change, but is fearful of making the move. Her current job is so demanding and time consuming leaving her no energy for anything else, let alone time to focus on what really drives her passions or test the waters and build solid foundations in the area she wants to move. When she came to see me she had reached a point where she didn?t care about the ?what comes next??, she said she had come very close to resigning the day. In the last week alone she has cried 4 times over ?stupid work? and she is not the teary type, she is more the stoic, stiff upper lip type, so to cry is a big thing for her and a clear signal that all is not as it should be. She works in a corporate environment, so whilst it is stressful, even on a quiet day, she handles it easy but is unchallenged and feels the job is not going anywhere and shows no promise of ever going anywhere. There are always promises of more interesting, project orientated work, but it doesn?t seem to matter what she does, how hard she works, what she studies, the promises are never fulfilled. :,

JUDGEMENT

Most texts seem to approach 10th house questions from the angle of ?will I get the job? and none with the issue of whether the job the querent currently has is worth keeping? This is the approach I have taken ? ?is the job worth keeping?? Obviously, if the job is worth keeping, then she shouldn?t leave, but if it isn?t worth keeping then she should.

I have looked to the 10th and the condition of the ruler of the 10th to describe the ?quality? of the job. The 10th house is closely aspected by Mars (4o orb). Mars being a malefic, I take this as a bad sign. The 10th house ruler is Mercury in Pisces in 7th. Mercury is in both detriment and fall, showing the quality of the job as poor and reflecting the promises which are never delivered.

I take this to indicate that the job isn?t worth keeping? If the dignity of the ruler of the 10th had been strong, then that would have been an indicator of the opposite? That it was worth keeping? Do you agree? Am tackling this from the right angle? :?

To delve further into the chart, the Sun (querent) is angular (accidentally strong) but peregrine and in the detriment and fall of Mercury (the job). Now I always get confused with the reception thing here ? is it correct to say that the Sun receives Mercury into its detriment and fall, indicating the querent doesn?t like the job? Or that the job doesn?t like the querent? :-?

The moon is in detriment which reflects her unhappiness at this time and doesn?t receive Mercury. Mercury is not in the dignities of either the Sun or Moon, so all this is pointing towards a clear disconnect, or the absence of interest.

Mercury has separated from the Sun, however Jupiter collects light from Mercury to the Moon. So opportunity wise, the job will continue if the querent wants it, but she clearly hates it and it is of such poor quality (Mercury in detriment & fall), that it simply isn?t worth keeping and the money ain?t as hot as it should be either (2nd from 10th also Mercury). In other words, yes, she should leave ? and with the Sun applying to a conjunction with Uranus in 5o time, she will probably do it suddenly.
Is that how I should read this?

DEEPER EXAMINATION BEYOND PRIMARY ISSUE

To delve a little deeper I also figured it was worth seeing what was going on with her colleagues ? she said has always felt unsupported and has recently been the target of ?anonymous? harassment - an unsigned, nasty note left on her desk (though she is pretty sure she knows who the culprit is ? pretty unprofessional for a corporate office!).

In looking at colleagues I am looking at the 7th house ? being other people in general. I know that many say colleagues is the 3rd ? being the 6th (employees) from the 10th (job), but surely that is being unnecessarily complicated? Colleagues aren?t friends (11th), siblings (3rd) or lovers (5th), they are just ?other people in general', and often 'open enemies?, so whilst in some cases the 3rd may be relevant, in this instance I am looking to the 7th. The 7th is ruled by Saturn in Leo, Rx in 12th ? nasty and subversive ? no wonder she feels she is being unfairly targeted ? she was recently called in regarding some claims made by a colleague, which she says were completely unfounded and left her in shock that a) they had been made, c) she always goes out of her way to support this person and c) that if her manager thought they were of little consequence, why was her manager raising it? Anyway, Saturn is disposed by the Sun (querent), so the querent is stronger and whilst Saturn is nasty, she is the one who has the power, though nasty Saturn has gotten to her emotionally.

Also, if she is going to quit her job, then finances are a consideration. The 2nd house of finance is ruled by Venus in Capricorn in 6th. Venus has dignity by triplicity but is in the 6th ? this probably explains the fear that keeps her holding on, she doesn?t do it for the love, she does it for the money. So, she isn?t financially flush, but neither is she destitute, however, the job ain?t paying what it really should anyway.

Well, I think that?s probably enough ? gosh, once you start getting into these puppies there really is a whole soap opera going on and not just the highlights!

I would really appreciate some input on the logic and reasoning I have applied and whether I?m on track, or so far off it not even a compass would help. :lol:

Also, Jupiter seems to be tangled up a bit in there ? is he relevant? Or a red herring? And what is it he?s up to? I know he rules the 4th and 5th ? if it?s any help, while the querent still needs to deepen her education and isn?t expecting any easy money, she is hoping to eventually work from home, deriving an income from speculation, thus leaving her free to explore other interests.

Many thanks
Ann

Hi Ann,

I suggest your friend should try to ignore (for a while)all the injustice in her working place - save some more money - and start looking for another job, this is more or less evident from this horary chart you have analysed here.

Pocahontas 8) .