Meaning of shared significators?

Hi Everyone!

Someone I know has just lost out on a significant career project that entailed
nearly a
years worth of effort, while working in a much less suitable environment, and is
now in a
scramble to regroup.

Question - When will career improve?

2/20/2006 7:23 A.M., Boston, Massachusetts

ASC - 20 Pisces
10th House (correct house to use, yes?) 25 Sag

So, both are ruled by Jupiter, at 18 Sco in 8th house, and peregrine.
I've yet to see a chart where the planets for each are the same, so I do not
understand how
to interpret it.
Since this is a conjunction it could mean NOW but I do find it difficult to see
that this may
be the case.

Also looking at other things in this chart -
Moon is currently VOC at 22 Scorpio (separating conjunction from Jupiter)
an in Fall
4th house (end of matter) - Gemini, w/ Mercury at 19 Pisc, 1 degree away from
ASC.

Any and all comments would be appreciated, but mostly what I'm wondering what
Jupiter
being the lord of quesitor and quesited means in such a situation.

Thanks!
________
ALLERGIES ADVICE
Last edited by monk27 on Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hi Monk,

Sorry to butt in here but I would also like to know more about this.

I have recently looked at a chart in which a woman discovered that her boyfriend was married, and she wanted to know whether he had got married while he was seeing her or whether he was married before they had met.

What puzzled me is that both her, and her boyfriends wife were both represented by the same planet, which baffled me, because how am I supposed to differenciate between the two?

Can anyone shed any light upon these problems?

Draco.

Shared significators

Hello Monk and Draco!

From my experience, shared significators indicate either a shared affinity between any two people represented by the significators, or the quesited and the querent as in the case of the job.

Since Monk is asking about a career improvement, the shared significator here may mean that the quesited is obviously a matter that's very close to him and in this case, something entirely in his control.

As to the husband and wife sharing a significator, I'd say that's a case that Lee Lehman states indicates a commonality between the two -- basically, they're "on the same page" so to speak. I would take this to mean he was married at the time he met your friend who was dating him.

However, it's my understanding that when Lee Lehman casts a chart, she actually chooses the significators of the parties BEFORE looking at the chart... so that the significators may or may not be represented by their traditional house rulers. That is not a technique that I follow... I just use the house rulers for the querent and quesited as shown in the chart.

However, three years ago I cast a chart for myself asking if my co-worker would rent my house from me as I was moving across country, and the chart had us both represented by Mars, exactly conjunct my fourth house. I asked Lee Lehman to review the chart and she predicted that my coworker would indeed rent the house but that there would be some problems as indicated by the Moon in Taurus coming to square Mars. (Which also proved true.)

On the contrary, I see the moon, VOC or not as extremely significant and the key to this question.

The question is about change 'when will it improve', so you are looking for a significator which is about to change sign.

The Moon has just separate from Jupiter and will not make another aspect until it changes sign and forms a square to the Sun ... so separates from a benefic and applies by square to a benefic ... but must first change sign ... so something must change and will change.

The moon is in Scorp, so in fall - not in a good position and not happy. She is slowly moving towards the sign of Sag. Once she changes sign she will go peregrine until she reaches the 10th degree where she will finally get some dignity by Face/Decan. So this shows an improvement, by sign change, albeit is initially small (some say however that peregrine is the worst state to be in), it will then square to the sun - so a decision to be made, or a challenge regarding 'sun orientated things', or the 6th (sun rules 6th) and then will finally gain some minor dignity.

Timing ... the moon is in a fixed sign - slow change ... has separated from Jupiter by 4o ... so something happened in the past by 4 units of slow time and it will take another 7.5 units of slow time for things to start turning around ... so maybe in 7.5 months?

Anyway, that's my thoughts.

Ann
Ann

My understanding from Draco's post was that it wasn't the husband and the wife who had the same significator, which would not be that unusual, but rather that the girlfriend and the wife share the same significator. This would be a bit puzzling. Without looking at the chart though I would think that he sees them both in a similar way and if the querent is hoping he will leave his wife for her that this would be unlikely.

I would not use a VOC Moon as a main significator. A VOC Moon basically has nowhere to go and therefore is of no real help in the situation. As Bonatti says, it runs alone. Lilly describes a situation where the Moon is VOC as one where matters go hardly on. The only time Lilly believes that a VOC Moon will be able to perform is when it is in Taurus, Cancer, Sagittarius or Pisces. But I don't think Lilly would see this Moon as being VOC as it is within orb of a couple of aspects. Before the Moon squares the Sun it will be in opposition to Mars. If I have understood the details correctly both aspects are within orb although over sign boundaries. Lilly allowed for aspects to go over sign boundaries as long as they were within orb. Bonatti, however, and from what I have seen most astrologers before Lilly, did not allow for going across sign boundaries.

It looks like matters may go from bad to worse for a while yet.

Hi Sue

I seem to have caused some confusion ... I was responding to the top post - Monk27
Question - When will career improve?

2/20/2006 7:23 A.M., Boston, Massachusetts

ASC - 20 Pisces
In which case I assume a significator changing sign is what one is looking for? No improvement without or until an impending change of dignity.
Ann

Hi Ann,

No I was responding to Monk after the little aside to Draco. Sorry, I didn't make that clear. I don't really think it is as simple as a significator changing signs although I agree that this needs to be taken into account. I was more concerned with the use of a VOC Moon as a main significator. It doesn't appear that this Moon is VOC, however. But when it does change signs it immediately moves to an opposition with an opposition to Mars and then a square to the Sun. Something may happen but it may not be good.