why am I so tired and what can I do to improve it?

I am not sure anyone is going to be able to help with this vague health question- but its worth a try.

I have been feeling an endless need for sleep for some while - 1 sleep 10 hours - get up and want to close my eyes again an hour later. When I have been tired in the past I changed my diet, ensured i took moderate exercise and soon felt much more energy. However I started doing all those things at the beginning of january and still have noticed no improvement whatsoever.
So I asked, 16 February 2006 14.04 GMT London
Why am I so sleepy and what ( if anything) can I do to improve it?

I am ruled by the moon in libra in 4th ( althiough 4th cusp ruler is mercury)

Saturn is retrograde in the 1st and about to sextile the moon. But saturn rules 7th and 8th ..... so I am about to die? ;-) - no I really don't think that can be right; I am tired - I don't have other symtoms!! Does this saturn position, a consideration, mean I should just discard the chart perhaps?

The 6th house ruler is jupiter in 5th and makes no aspect at all to the moon. Normally I would ignore pluto but it is right on 6th house cusp and the moon will eventually sextile it. And then moon will trine sun. All in all it looks as if whatever is causing the problem is going to end with me feeling rejuvenated and having energy again. the moon will not aspect mars which changes sign first so no surgery needed either, hopefully!

But although the chart is suggesting the final outcome I still haven't answered the question - why and what can I do in the meantime? I have no medical astrology experience so am not familiar with what the planets in different houses/signs mean in the medical sense. I am sure that the moon position and its rulers should answer the question, so need help with the medical/physical body interpretation of 4th house, venus in capricorn in 6th and mercury in pisces in 9th - could the mercury have something to do with lungs maybe or am I on the wrong track?

Thanks

Hi Amelia,

I have only had chance for a quick look at this chart, but the first thought I had after reading your post seemed to be confirmed by it, so I?ll run it past you.

You say you have been feeling particularly sleepy since the beginning of January. I can?t tell you the number of people I have spoken to lately who have complained of low vitality and tiredness (I?m certainly one of them). A lot of people have mentioned ?the winter blues? and I know that my vitality goes right down in the winter months and I?m not nearly as mentally alert as I hope to be in about 4 weeks time. In fact I changed my diet too at the start of the year and started eating everything organic in the hope that lots of fresh fruit and vegetable would perk me up a bit, but I?m still left envying animals who can hibernate in winter like the plants do.

In your chart the Moon is in the 4th house (rest, retirement) applying to the sextile of Saturn in the 1st (aging), with Saturn ruling the 8th and the Sun also in the 8th (decline). Although this shows low vitality, I?m wondering if this isn?t a ?natural tiredness?, and that you are sleepy because your body is simply in need of more rest at this low ebb of the year. I know this might be too simple an answer but the aspect between the Moon and Saturn does not look too worrying to me and there?s no direct contact between your significator and the 6th house or its ruler. Presumably you have or will see your doctor if you are concerned, but if there are no other symptoms why not leave it a few more weeks and get all the sleep you can until your body feels fed up of sleeping and stirs you naturally? It sounds like you are doing everything right but it?s probably worth checking your transits too.

Deb

Deb
I probably didn't make it clear from my original post. Although I only have been trying to do something about the tiredness since the New Year, the problem is 2-3 years old.

I don't want to bore everyone with my health details, by describing all that experience though, so I am doing to send my details to Duncan as he suggested and post again when I get some insights.

I do agree with your interpretation of the horary that there is probably no serious condition ( if there was i would surely know by now)- and a GP would probably write TATT and shove me out the door). I am just tired of being tired and want to change it. Jupiter is conjunct my sun NOW so I am seizing my ooportunity!!!

a GP would probably write TATT and shove me out the door).
Umm, maybe not. I had the same problem in 2004; like you, I thought my doxtor would just send me away with a prescription for something useless. When I eventually got to my GP, he diagnosed hypothyrodism and angina.
So, my advice would be to hear what your doctor says before asking a non-medical forum for a diagnosis.
"My goal is simple. It is complete understanding of the Universe, why it is as it is and why it exists at all." Stephen Hawking

Hi Amelia,

Duncan?s right ? birthdata helps.

But quick look at this horary chart (from a slightly different perspective). As already mentioned, Sun rules 2nd and is in 8th - your vital ?resources? are low. Saturn rules Sun (vital energy) and Venus (feelings) and is in detriment in 1st ? however, it?s on cusp of entering it?s own term & trining NNode. Looks like it might be time for you to be doing something a little more serious about this.
Appears ?Mars? (ruled by Venus) has been placing a drain on your vital energy.

While ?dreams? usually attributed 9th, I?d suggest considering 12th for sleeping difficulties (Jupiter?s nocturnal rulership, Pisces, and/or Neptune ? noting these two have been square in fixed signs ? longer duration) ? in this chart 12th ruled by Mercury, which is posited in Pisces in 9th. Deep, intense thinking (or slumber/dreaming) taking over and subverting your energy? You been reading/studying/worrying before bed?

Note, Mars is about to change signs and will be challenging Mercury (also trining Moon) ? I think Mars, how you?ve been utilising your Mars, offers something of a wake-up call.

Could look at this another way and say Moon (?you? ruled by Venus, ?feelings?, in Capricorn) is intercepted ? showing how you?ve been feeling your needs intercepted by this ?dark? state ? possibly an underlying depression/?burnout? /chronic fatigue (considering the longer term you mention) ? and Moon is opp. NNode (ruled by Mars) what?s been going on with work and your needs in terms of your sense of accomplishment?

Just a couple of ideas, new perspectives, to add to the pot. Sorry, don?t have more time ? but hope this is a little help.

Now, I've only glossed over the surface of this as didn't have time to look at it properly from a health pov ... but I will say, if this sleeping/fatigue difficulty has been going on for more than a couple of months (ie. on and off for years, as you mention) then I?d strongly urge it?s time for a routine FULL health check-up (if you haven?t had one recently).

TS.

PS ... just saw your mention of Jupiter conjoining nSun ... while this can be 'beneficial', it can also 'expand' existing health problems (especially if they're underlying) to ensure you pay attention to them. Time to see your GP.

TS & Sophia

Just to let you know that I did take the advice and see a GP, who did some tests and found nothing. Further tests are possible to identify weird conditions - but there seems no point as such conditions are neither curable by traditional means nor "serious."

Duncan kindly provided me with some personal feedback which also reassured me.

The chart seems to ahve been right in that it suggested no critical problem, I shall just have to go back to plugging away at the diet and stuff (making use of the saturn sextile) and assume that it will eventually resolve itself.