Is the lump I have discovered malignant?

Hi all,

I was wondering if anybody would offer some help in interpreting this horary upon a rather delicate matter?

I was practising horary quite regularly a few months ago, and was progressing quite happily with my studies and had begun to learn rather a lot. However, due to other commitments I have not practised as much as I would have liked recently, and so some of the knowledge I had accumulated has gone a little rusty. I still have a grasp of the basics but it is the details of this chart I would like a bit of help with. A good re-exploration of Skyscript however, should refresh my memory.

A couple of days ago I discovered a lump in a delicate male area. It is only small and not painful, but it can only have appeared very recently. It is hard and rounded when I feel it between thumb and forefinger. The reason I am concerned is that there is a history of testicular cancer on the paternal side of my family. The lump is not on a 'ball' but is in the skin on the inside and is not visible from the outside, but can be felt. I am also experiencing aching in that general region of my anatomy, to the extent that it is necessary to adjust the position in which I am sitting from time to time. These symptoms are unusual and I have never experienced anything like this before.

It would be paranoid to presume I have cancer as it may simply be something such as a benign cyst. You cannot help but wonder however, particularly as I am experiencing unusual aching in this region.

Of course, I must see a doctor and I will do so, but I noted the exact moment that I discovered this lump, and wondered at the same time whether this was something malignant. So I erected a horary:

Q: Is the lump I have discovered malignant?

Here's the chart:

Okay, okay, it's a late ascendant, I know. Still, however I feel that if an ascendant is early or late then surely there is information which can be gleaned from it anyway in order to explain why the question is premature or the answer already known. This is a very important question to me, so I can't just leave it at that and forget about interpreting the chart because of the important nature of the issue.

A late ascendant is suggesting that I already know the answer to this question which is hardly a comfort, as this would seem to be saying that the lump is indeed malignant as I suspect, and also the rising sign is 'Cancer'. :(

If I am to proceed with the interpretation anyway, then I am the Moon, which is VoC, so little good can come of the matter, and is in the 8th house of mortality and in fixed sign Aquarius, ruled by the greater malefic, Saturn. These are three unhappy indications I would have thought. Saturn, as despositor to the Moon would seem particularly grim, as the 6th house cusp of bodily ailments is upon the cusp of Capricorn, so the 'lump' is represented by the great malefic, and appears in the 1st house of my physical self, and is in terrible condition, detriment as it is in Leo, and retrograde. It would seem I have cause for concern, and the angular house may depict an emergency, although I would hope I am wrong.

The Moon separates from a square with detrimented Mars in fixed sign Taurus, which I would take to mean that some damage has been done, somehow some physical affliction has taken root (fixed earth) it is also ruler of Scorpio, corresponding to the anatomical region in which the lump has appeared, and Scorpio rules the 4th house cusp, and as mentioned, there is a history of testicular cancer along my paternal family line (4th). The Moon's next aspect is a close applying sextile to Pluto and although a soft aspect, dark and insidious Pluto could hardly be considered a saving grace. Might Pluto signify the upcoming need for an x-ray?

The Sun is in opposition to Saturn and both are detrimented. Here's a question: If both are detriment and mutually receptive, then are they enhancing each other's detriment or swapping dignity with each other? What concern's me is that the Sun is the principle of health and vitality, so does it's opposition to Saturn means that my health is at odds due to this lump, or is the mutually receptive opposition promising hope and recovery and that all will come good in the end?

I just need a little help in trying to decipher what this chart is expressing. The chart has caused me some worry, mainly because I do not at all like that Saturn detrimented and retrograde in the 1st, and being afflicted as it is from a Saturnian sign, the Moon's condition is not good and it is in a harsh aspect to the other malefic, also detriment. This would seem not to bode well, or is there a ray of light in this chart?

Many thanks,

Draco :wink:

Is the lump malignant?

Draco, first let me say that I can understand your extreme worry... and I pray that all is well and this is simply a harmless cyst or an ingrown hair! (I'm not kidding, sometimes these can end up being quite hard and are felt under the skin...)

If the traditional astrologers here don't "count" Pluto then the Moon is VOC. If that's the case, then I wouldn't worry... In my book, the VOC moon, especially when the subject matter is so serious, means "nothing to worry about..."

I've done horaries for myself asking similar questions about a health matter and indeed, when the moon was VOC, it turned out it was nothing.

However, if you do "count" Pluto, then the Moon is making a close approaching sextile to it. While I would hardly count Pluto as a benefic, it does offer some hope as it's the planet of regeneration.

Also Barbara Watters said that Rx Planets promise of the opposite of what they deliver. So if you interpret Saturn in the first house as a detriment, then it's being Rx might mean that it can't operate to its own detriment, as least as far as your physical body is concerned.

In any case, please see a doctor right away and know we're thinking of you and keeping you in our thoughts.

Hi Draco,

The difficulty with posing such an important question on a forum is that you are likely to get disparate opinions that can be confusing. It is, of course, essential that you see your doctor as soon as possible.

I would probably be reluctant to put too much store in this chart because of the late ascendant, which is very close to 28deg. I don't believe a late ascendant necessarily means that you know the answer. The truth is that you will not know the answer until you have seen your doctor. Although a late ascendant is not a stricture, it is an important consideration. In a situation as important as this, I would take this consideration seriously. This does not necessarily mean that there is something to worry about but that you may not get an accurate reading from this chart. I would also see the Moon being VOC as another consideration not to place too much emphasis on this chart.

Late ascendent here to me means you've put off getting this taken care of. Saturn ruler of the 6th house of illness reflects that you are ill. Pluto will retrograde which seems to me to indicate an ability to throw off the illness, but all in all, get your self to the dang Doctor. Moon is transiting Eighth, it is a fast moving planet, this could mean fast moving desease or you work through it fast, I am not sure which as I'm not that great witht he decumbiture, but either way, get thee to thy physician!

Granny

Hi Voyager, Sue and Granny.

Thankyou for your advice and information upon this chart, which I admit does look rather grim, and I do admit I have been putting off seeing a doctor. No one likes to go presenting one's privates to a medic do they? I also worry about what this may be. I have arranged an appointment for tomorrow and I will post post forward with what I am told about what may or may not be wrong.

With thanks,

Hi Draco :) ,

I hope that it was only a false alarm - and that you are healthy!

I must say that it requires quite a courage to discuss such an intimate health issue on this forum! There were other, less delicate issues erased :lala...

Pocahontas.

Hi all,

I have realised that I have not yet updated you on how things turned out. I was and am fine! I visited a doctor and was told that I had very little to worry about. A few days later the lump disappeared.

In retrospect, the horoscopes message was clear. I needed to look no further than the ruler of the 6th being Saturn retrograde in the 1st.

Saturn in the 1st was a stricture upon proceeding with the reading because it was telling me that I was unduly concerned with my health, I was worrying too much as shown by Saturns retrogradation - things aren't as grim as it might seem.

Saturn retrograde was also significant in that the lump shrank away of its own accord. Phew!

Hi Draco,

Was just wondering about this last night. Thanks for the update and glad to hear everything is okay.

As I recall, there were a couple of considerations against putting too much store into the chart, the late ascendant and VOC Moon being two of them. I'm generally of the opinion that considerations are just that - things to be considered and not are not necessarily preventing you from reading the chart. However, I have to say that late or early ascendants are considerations that I usually adhere to.

Cheers Voyager. :)

Being a Virgo with Pisces rising gives me something of a tendency to be a bit of a worrier, and perhaps it's my Moon in Leo that gives me an inclination to be rather dramatic!

Draco.