property settlement

Hello All,

I've only been studying horary astrology for about 5 months and this is the most burning question I have so far asked:

will I win the property settlement?
I am the querent, Pisces on the Asc., traditionally ruled by Jupiter.

the quesited 'property settlement', is a legal matter to resolve distribution of assets from marriage - I am unsure as to whether this should be signified by the 8th (dowry/money from others) or 9th (legalities/institutions) or the 2nd (moveable assets/self worth).

Jupiter is not currently making any applying aspects to either Venus (8th Ruler) but is making appl opposition to Mars (ruler of both 9 and 2).

Moon, co-ruler, in the fifth most likely reflecting my concerns for the children (four of them!); last conj with Mars (common in horary questions, I'm told) IS applying, opposition, to 8th ruler Venus.

these don't look like very favourable aspects - is it Yes, but not easily?

I am aware there are other rules that would help to interpret this chart but I am too inexperienced to even attempt them.

Any assistance with this is greatly appreciated,

peace, pm

Property Settlement

I would say it looks favorable because your ruler, Jupiter, is coming to a sextile with the ruler of your eight house, Venus.

The only thing that worries me is Venus is Rx and combust as it's applying to the Sun, which means there's something hidden about this situation. The Moon opposing Venus worries me too, but I don't know if it's enought to deny a favorable answer.

Is it possible someone's been hiding assets?

Hi Voyagergirl,

thanks for your help... yes you are right about the hidden assets - that is the entire law suit is about assets hidden from me during our marriage - that is my ex-husband transferred everything to his father, overseas - my legal team has had a very hard time getting full disclosure. We are about to go to trial, after two and a half years of proceedings during which the other party have delayed, avoided, obstructed and tried every trick in the book to get out of telling the truth.

thanks again,
pm

Property settlement

It's interesting that your ex is hiding assets overseas. His ninth house is your third, ruled by Venus again. So maybe that explains the Rx Venus!

And his ninth contains Mars in its detriment, but in the sign of Venus, and Venus is in the sign of Mars' exaltation, so maybe this confers enough "exchange" status to give you what you want.

I'm assuming you want and need these assets to care for your children? (Moon in your fifth, opposing Sun, and Venus in HIS fifth, your eleventh.)

Is there a custody battle?

Hi again Voyagergirl,

yes you are right about the children - this is for them (four daughters). Well, this is for US as a family, but yes, I am doing this because of my love for them. If there were no children I wouldn't have pursued any assets.

their father did try to attach custody issues to the property suit but my lawyer assures me that these will be dismissed as 'out of time'. I have no doubt he will file for orders to do with the children separately. He wants to be able to travel overseas with them.

its all in the chart isn't it?!

pm

Property settlement

Well, I certainly hope you get what you want.

Speaking from experience, I know how wrenching divorce is. (And I didn't even have to fight for property!) So what you're going through must be even more harrowing.

Please let us know what happens. And best of luck to you in this very trying time!

Retro Venus effect on horary questions

Hello, I looked up Google to find more info on retro Venus as I find it`s been very solidly affecting all horary questions that have come my way. Anyway I found this discussion group and had to join as Horary astrology brings up so many and specific questions all the time that one needs to share and ask and maybe even answer.

I found the following effects of recent questions that sould be attributed to retro Venus.

Re house-buying. NOT a good time. I've found that people who seemed to have found the perfect pad at the perfect price and in the perfect place discover that there are shady things going on. The answer by voyagergirl about inheritance issues seemed to me very accurate and important.

Also when retro Venus took part in the recent Full Moon, that seemed to bring up big and unpredictable happenings around houses and money and love. I find that I ignore Full Moons in horary at my own risk!

Also this is NOT a good time to look for a quick loan, although you might be promised one for later. Nor to expect expressiveness in love.

In general I've found that this retro Venus, especially in the sign of Capricorn that's a bit cold and slow for poor little Venus, means that in all love and money issues you have to go very slowly and surely, otherwise you knock up against the slowness and defensiveness of Saturn/Capricorn.

Thank you all for the sharing,

Anne

Hi, just a quick update on the horary question and the outcome of the legal suit.. it looks as though this will not even go to trial - a very senior QC acting for me has advised that I should drop the suit. So no money for my girls and I. Of course I am still hoping for a last minute miracle. :?
It is interesting that the chart showed a different outcome.
peace, primamateria

Hi primamateria,

Can you confirm whether the time used for this chart is 9:06 central daylight time or ACST. I used 9:06 and got a different chart but I realised I was using ACDT. It makes quite a difference.

Venus is retrograde in this chart but it is not combust. It is actually in cazimi, which is in the heart of the Sun, a position of strength. Mercury, however, is combust the Sun.

oh, come to think of it the time may be an issue... I am on Australian Central Standard Time - that is GMT + 9.30. I asked the question at 18:36 GMT (according to the astrologer I asked it to) on Jan 13, 2006. I probably muffed up the conversion.
why didn't I think of that?
pm :-?