Is he honourable?

Is he honourable?

1:50 pm CST
7 Jan 06
Adelaide, South Australia 34S55, 138E 35
Asc 20 Aries 58

This is a question asked by a female who is experiencing a crisis in her marriage. Married 16 years, she recently discovered letters which showed her husband has always maintained flirtations and emotional commitment to other women. All the affection and attention a woman desires from her husband has rarely been given to her, instead he has showered it on a continuous string of flirtations. She holds a strong religious belief that regardless of his actions, she has made a commitment to marriage, however this time she is not sure her broken heart can recover and having lost all trust in him, is unsure whether she can ever trust him again, and wished to know whether he is at all honourable and whether his promises that he will change can be trusted, or whether they are just written on the wind.

If I am to look at this as a straight question of ?honour? then the condition of Retrograde Venus in Cap in the 10th (ruler of Dsc) is perhaps not as well dignified as I would hope. Venus is angular, has essential dignity by triplicity, but is retrograde. As position is stronger than sign, does angularity make up for the weakend essential dignity? What of the retrogradation? Should this simply be read as a negative? If so, then does the Rx state of Venus indicate a man of little honour that can?t be trusted? A man who goes back on his word?

Given Sue?s comments to Voyagergirl, Rx would indicate that he is a man who goes back on his word and is of little honour. On the question of marriage, Rx indicates the quesited needs to revisit something ? the aspect will perfect before venus turns direct.

As always, questions are rarely straight forward, so I thought it important to look at the relationship itself.

Querent: Mars and Moon
Quesited: Venus
Part of Marriage: Sun (I?m not sure I got the calculation of this part correct. 20+20 ? 297 ?. Is order to get the maths to work, I calculated 20 + 20 +360 ? 297 = 143)

Moon separates from square to Sun and applies to square to Venus

Major dignities:

Mars ? Venus = Rulership/Exaltation
Venus ? Mars= Exaltation/Triplicity
Moon ? Mars = Rulership/Exaltation

Sun receives Moon into its detriment
Venus receives Moon into its detriment
Moon receives Venus into its detriment

The first grouping of receptions between querent and quesited are positive, though given the exaltations, indicates some unrealistic pictures of each other happening.

The second grouping of receptions are not so positive. With the sun indicating the Part of Marriage, I read this as the marriage being harmful to the querent. The quesited being harmful to the querent?s emotional wellbeing and the querent?s emotional world being harmful or negative for the quesited, or that the questited doesn't want to deal with the querent's emotions - which has always been the situation. Naturally, this is a very emotional situation for the querent. Her first marriage was till ?death do we part? and whilst intellectually she can reason that she should leave her second husband due to the misery he has caused her (right from the start it appears), emotionally she has made a commitment that her inner integrity holds firm she must keep.

On the question of the relationship continuting there is
Angularity
Reception
Applying aspect by square
This indicates to me a reconciliation after some difficulty.

On the question of the state of the marriage itself. Both major significators have separated from the Sun (indicating separating from the marriage), however, the Moon translates light from the Sun to Venus reconnecting the quesited with the marriage, but with difficulty (square). Jupiter collects light from the Sun which Mars receives from Jupiter by opposition ? being an opposition indicating something the querent will later regret? ? also indicating the need of a third party (the querent intends to seek counselling even though she is sure her husband will not attend with her).

I guess the answer is before me, that he will not mend his ways, but the querent will continue in the marriage anyway, even though perhaps to her detriment. Perhaps the negative receptions to the moon indicate that whilst the marriage will continue, her broken heart will not mend?

Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.

Ann
Ann

Hi Ann,

A couple of points I didn?t see mentioned in your notes, so I?m not sure if you?ve missed them. Venus is under the Sun?s beams so maybe the husband is hiding even more up his sleeve than the wife realises; this also adds to his detrimented status in terms of his questionable honour. But I couldn?t help thinking how your description of him tallied with Lilly?s description of the type of men signified by Venus when it lacks dignity, ie flirts and adulterers. Although Capricorn is quite grounded by being an earth sign ruled by Saturn, it is still a ?moveable? sign, so it doesn?t have the indications of fixidity and constancy that Taurus does. This perceived ?lack of honour? perhaps involves issues of disposition and natural character, not just actions. Mars in Taurus describes the querent as having a poor expression of her anger; so the counselling option seems very well advised.

However, as well as the more immediate applying square between the Moon and Venus, (which I see as the need for the querent to confront her painful emotional situation and dishonoured status as ?wife?), Venus is retrograding to a trine of Mars, which perfects at the 18th degree. This offers an indication that both parties have a will to work towards reconciliation. Along with the mutual reception I?d say this argues that they have a lot to gain by using this opportunity to air the difficulties in their relationship, and to hopefully rebuild it more in line with the querent?s expectations. I think this is achievable because Venus retrogrades towards Mars, suggesting that the husband will move towards her standards. Obviously I think the success of this hinges on the wife demanding respect and honouring herself first, and that it will involve some hard realities being explored.

After reading your description I wanted to shout ?tell her to dump him?! But after looking at the chart I don?t think that all hope is lost.

Thanks for sharing this
Deb

Deb

Thanks for your input ? yes, I had missed the obvious of Venus being under the beams! Got to learn to switch on my brain! :lol:
As for his disposition ? yes, even his wife sees it as an innate character flaw, which poses part of her dilemma - because she can see this weakness is part of his makeup and not as a result of malicious intent, she believes it is her duty/path in life to forgive this weakness. Ooooh, I really don?t think there are many of us that have belief and faith that strong.

As for the wife needing to demand respect ? yes, I firmly agree. She has swallowed much over the years as a result of wanting to protect the children, but the children are old enough now to stand on their own.

She is a very strong and wise woman and yes, she is way, way, way too good for him ? and yes we all want to scream dump him, dump him! - well, actually I believe we have, often. But now knowing her a little better, I also finally acknowledge that for her, leaving the marriage isn?t an option, but neither is continuing in the marriage in its current form. After seeing the chart, I too saw that they have something to work towards, and that he is genuinely trying to make an effort ? this she can see as well, but when trust is broken, it?s hard not to believe it is just another deceipt.

Perhaps Venus having turned retrograde also indicated that something further was about to come out (moving out from under the beams), but is now being firmly hidden in order to attempt reconciliation. Ahhh life!

Once again, thank you for sharing your knowledge, it is greatly appreciated.
Ann