I also came by for some advise about horary which is new to me. And just because of the so called abuse you guys experience I got a reply from Sue that this is not why this forum was created. Naturally assuming I was needing free help which was not the case at all! I want to try and fathom horary and sure I wanted to see what your view on that particular chart was. Instead I have created an aversion against this *Oracle* astrology stuff now.

So I guess this forum is for all of you who are more experienced, staying in *your world*? I hope not. Anyways whatever the reasons behind a case, I know everyone does their best.

Blessings! :D
*I'd love to hear you speak*

The situation with your chart Sylven, was that you asked us to check out your chart and give you our views on it without you giving any details of your own assessment or even whether you had made one yourself, and adding that you had already asked for feedback and views from another forum. Sue took the trouble to answer your question about the timing of the horary, and for that she gets her name brought up for criticism here. Anyone noticed how members who don?t bother to make any response never get any backlash?

If you have generated an aversion against horary just because you didn?t get the response you wanted to one of your posts here then maybe you need to think seriously about what you expected from horary. Learning horary and studying it properly, and trying to wrestle the meaning of charts in heart-breaking situations will inevitably turn you inside out with frustration. It takes a strong soul to deal with the people in crisis that you encounter, and maintain the balance of emotional sympathy and intellectual detachment that some of the heavier issues involve.

Come on, as the main forum page shows quite clearly, this forum is a place for practitioners and committed students. In case anyone is under illusions, it is not staffed by a dedicated team of horary ?answerers? but exists as a place for those with a real commitment to studying horary techniques to get together on a voluntary basis (ie, because they want to) to discuss their thoughts, share ideas and charts, and if they want to, raise concerns.

I hope it doesn?t become a place where people can?t speak their minds for fear of offending the sensitivities of beginners. This post is one of very few (perhaps less than 10) of the thousands of horary posts in this forum where straight-up criticism has been raised. And whilst we may not like some of the comments made (there are some I don?t like) I have no doubt that even the unpalatable comments were made out of a genuine concern and deserve consideration.

The original question in this thread was asked over the Christmas holidays, at a time when few of us, I think, were taking much notice of what went on in the forum anyway. Under other circumstances, if I had had the time I probably would have wanted to look at the chart for this because of the sympathy I feel for people who lose their pets; but I still would have hesitated because common sense and experience shows that on the day a pet goes missing, there are lots of useful avenues left to explore before turning to horary. This issue about ?free-readings? is a total red herring as far as I?m concerned and I think the other issues should be separated from the missing pet question so we know we are talking about generalities and not that particular instance. Most members don?t think twice about offering support and advice on this forum, if they feel there is something they can help with, and if they have the time available. But contrary to popular opinion, it?s not because we are eagerly waiting for charts to appear, it?s because ? despite the fact that our lives and commitments are overflowing ? we?ve all had the benefit of other people helping us out in our studies and try to return that when we are blessed with the time and opportunity to do so.

I am sorry Deb, my post wasn't very clear. Of course my interest in horary didn't become less because of this forum! And I know or I should say understand where you are all coming from. Thank you for your long reply, I see you care a lot! :D

I will shut up now, don't want to start a negative vibe. I just meant to give a picture of a possible other side of the spectrum but really not well thought through, I am sorry for that. Maybe I just expected an answer or a retorical question but instead it made me feel like I am one of those who seek free advise. Maybe I was, underneath and I don't even know about it.

Anyway, no worries~! I totally get you! :D
*I'd love to hear you speak*

Thanks for clearing that up and I agree ? no worries! It?s perfectly understandable that we all want to get experienced independent opinions on our horaries. And if my pet went missing, and I thought someone could help me find it, I don?t expect my concerns would be about taking liberties with internet forum rules! (Which is why I hoped Mary wasn?t demoralised by some of the comments on this thread and understood that we were airing general pent-up concerns.) New members often don?t understand that we have a policy of not creating interpretations for members, but of giving input that helps them probe horary logic, so that we can all can improve and test our understanding and discuss the philosophical issues related to its use.

But (this is not directed at you Sylven, but for anyone to whom it applies) we have to stop seeing this forum as a place where one bunch of members ask questions and another bunch are expected to answer them. If anyone has gained something useful out of the forum, or has felt pleased to receive a response to their issue, then I think they should consider putting something back by way of contributing opinion towards other people?s posts. There shouldn?t be anyone in the forum who isn?t capable of expressing a view on horary, and that includes beginners who can have amazing insight. So please don?t shut up ? keep the discussion flowing! I think it would be great if we had a lot more feedback by a lot more members on a few less questions, so that whenever a member does have an issue that is important to them, they can be sure of getting a wide-ranging response that incorporates all shades of opinion ? including the challenging ones, which are sometimes the most stimulating because they kick us out of our ?taking-horary-for-granted? stupor.