Missing Pet please help

My Chow Chow disappeared sometime this morning We have looked all over.He was in the yard, i found his collar on the porch. I have a fenced in yard but the people who live in my yard may have left the gate open.
I really need to find him. We have had this pet since 1998. I'm distraught just trying to figure out where he is.
My question is. Where is my pet chow chow Biggie.
Please someone help me , please.

Mary

Where is my pet chow chow Biggie
12/28/05 1:18pm CST Opelousas, LA USA
92 w 05 30 n 32

[/img]

I am answering the trend is a little late, hope chow chow is already found.

You: venus (for some also mars in first house) and moon
Chow chow: mercury, venus (libra intercepted) and moon (lost things)

CC is mainly mercury as the other planets are already taken...

Is CC alive
Mercury in the radical 8th house, in detriment, conj Pluto, doesn?t seen good. Jupiter, ruler of 8th doesn?t behold mercury and receives it. Saturn is the ruler of turned 4th, and doesn?t make aspect, but the moon will translate saturn to mercury (not good).
Maybe there will be no problem as saturn receives moon by term and face.
With the exception of the cj moon, Mercury is void of course, so it is not going to aspect anybody so soon... but I don?t know if mercury void can be read as a return or not.
Although the dog is probably not dead, I don?t see it returning home so soon, sorry
Y

Oh gosh...I hate this. I have just went through this exact feeling. A lost pet, A lost family memaber!! It's horrible and my heart goes out to you and your whole family!!!

Unfortunately I can not judge. I am too new, I just tried to judge my own lost pet horary and until it was over, did not see the signs. I thought she was dead and she returned!! My best hope is that you experience the same.

Please keep us updated!

sorry i didn't write sooner but Biggie returned home that night with a female dog. I guess he got out to get him some?
I was so afraid and scared but my booboo found his way home. Now I have to deal with dogs coming around her to temp him to run off again. He got away again this week but we caught him before he got out the yard, he was slipping his collar. thanks for the replies.

Mary

It looks like I?m on a roll of bitchiness these days. I guess I?m too easily disgusted.

Here?s an example of someone who had such a pressing matter and asked a question without any attempt to interpret the chart. Looking for free help. The issue was resolved a week ago and we finally hear about it. The source of guidance that was consulted was horary astrology.

I?m sorry folks, but I have learned to loathe horary! It?s at the bottom of the astrological heap as far as quality of thought and philosophical understanding. It seems to be replacing tarot cards in the realm of ?cool?. Learning complex techniques and reading 17th Century texts with quaint woodcuts is where it?s at. Come up with a question, go online and ask. Or, if you?re the one who has read the books and mastered the techniques, you get to answer!

The greatest benefit I have received from astrology is that it has allowed me to step into the realm of the ridiculous. It gives me the chance to go too far. It allows me to believe that I can figure things out and make predictions. It lets me say ?Oh, that?s because...? It allows me to fool myself. Every time I catch myself falling into the trap I become a lot smarter. Astrology forces me to ask myself ?What I am doing?? and ?Why am I doing it??.

It has become fashionable with some to ridicule the 19th Century Theosophists and the 20th Century astrologers who were influenced by them. The 21st Century Horarists may be getting theirs in a generation or two.

Hi Kirk,

Perhaps you?d like to tell us what you really think. :)

I can appreciate that you feel this way. But I would like to ask whether it is horary itself that you loathe or the way it is approached and practised? I think there is a big difference and I don?t think you can take a forum such as this as truly representative of the approach of horary generally. As you pointed out, anyone can log on and ask a question. This does not necessarily reflect on horary itself but rather on the attitudes of people who will log on to a site in the hope of getting some free advice. The same thing happens in the natal forum where people might ask what having the Sun in the 12th house means and ?is this bad?? Or they might give their natal details in the hope of a free reading. Most people who seek these sorts of natal readings online are looking for a similar thing to those asking horary questions. ?Tell me about me and what is going to happen to me.? This is no more representative of ?proper? natal astrology than the endless supply of inane questions in any horary forum is truly representative of horary astrology.

I disagree that horary is at the bottom of the astrological heap as far as quality of thought and philosophical understanding. In fact, I think that horary astrology, like most forms of traditional astrology, is rich in philosophical understanding. I had all but given up on astrology until I was fortunate enough to come across traditional astrology, which has deepened my understanding of not only astrology but of history, philosophy and many other disciplines.

I believe that horary astrology is one of the most effective and valuable forms of astrology. However, I too have an issue with many of the attitudes towards horary and even how it is sometimes practised. Horary is often seen as the ?easy? astrology that doesn?t require too much training or understanding. Some astrology courses devote only a couple of lessons to horary. But the biggest problem I have with it is the lack of respect for its true power. In some ways I see what you are saying by equating horary with tarot cards. People do often think that it is an easy way to find an answer to a question. I also despair at some of the questions asked and how often people will resort to horary without making an effort to resolve the situation themselves. Horary is not fortune telling. It should never be used to find a quick answer. And I believe that, under most circumstances, if someone is asking more than three or four of their own questions a year then, unless their lives are completely screwed up, they are using horary incorrectly or with some sort of dependence.

I think that your perception of horary is a common one. I have noticed an attitude, even among some astrologers, that horary astrology is perhaps the ?pop? astrology and this concerns me. However, I believe that most genuine horary practitioners and teachers who have done the proper training and who take it seriously have enough integrity to discourage any attitude among their clients and students that horary can be used for anything other than the most genuine of situations.

But I would like to ask whether it is horary itself that you loathe or the way it is approached and practised?
The potential, the ideal, of horary does appeal to me. The way it is commonly approached and practiced doesn?t, but, sadly, is perfect for the age of mass information and instant results. The common approach is encouraged by the inattention of the teachers and experienced practitioners.
However, I believe that most genuine horary practitioners and teachers who have done the proper training and who take it seriously have enough integrity to discourage any attitude among their clients and students that horary can be used for anything other than the most genuine of situations.
So where are these genuine horary practitioners and teachers? Why do they say little or nothing? Why don?t they step in and say ?Stop. You?re approaching this in the wrong way?? I know they sometimes do, but it?s sporadic and half-hearted. They may experience the same annoyance as I do, but they give the impression of perhaps mumbling something about ?beginners? and looking the other way, hoping for a discussion they find interesting. A beginner is just that ? a beginner. They need guidance.

The philosophical underpinnings of horary, and all of astrology, aren?t an extra. They are the heart of it all. That should be the beginning of studies, but teaching technique is easier and holds the attention of students much more easily than potentially boring discussions of philosophy. Technique sells, philosophy doesn?t. A good teacher and wise, experienced practitioner will repeatedly hit hard and come back to that heart. That is, they will if they respect their art and know the responsibility that comes with knowledge. They mustn?t walk away in boredom and hope for good discussions at the next conference of peers while leaving the beginning students to work on a list of technical aphorisms.

In case Mary is concerned about these comments, I don?t think there is anything wrong with asking a question like this ? it?s quite natural that people ask these types of questions when their mind is full of anxiety and worry, and I'm very pleased the pet returned safely. The problem is that the guidelines of the forum were ignored. The rules of the forum and the announcement kept at the top of the horary forum, both make it clear that this is not just a concern about ?free readings? but involves philosophical issues about the definition of a horary moment:
If you post a horary question, you are expected to be capable of leading the discussion regarding what the horary chart means. This is because the act of asking a question is not the same as the act of creating a horary ? which requires that an astrologer is involved in the definition of the question and its moment of selection.

Asking your own horaries means that you have undertaken the role of being the astrologer who alone can be responsible for the judgement made on that chart. If you are not ready for that, then you should not be posting the questions here. It is also worth bearing in mind that it is the hardest thing to be the astrologer on your own question, because of the personal bias that interferes with judgement, and that is why many traditional authors claimed that we should avoid asking horary questions on our own personal issues.
Horary is a divinational act. Done properly, it is not just about following techniques, but also applying a focus to the energy that is generated between the mind and spirit of the client and astrologer. Some forum members such as Sue have argued time and again that it shouldn?t be used with a flippant attitude or on trivial matters, but that it should only be approached with due ceremony and respect. This question wasn?t trivial but because it had no astrologer directing it, it lacked focus and direction.
So where are these genuine horary practitioners and teachers? Why do they say little or nothing? Why don?t they step in and say ?Stop. You?re approaching this in the wrong way?? I know they sometimes do, but it?s sporadic and half-hearted.
Practitioners have a responsibility to their clients, teachers have a responsibility to their students ? no one has a responsibility to police this open forum, but if the rules and guidelines go ignored then the value of the forum degenerates. My stance on this now is to ignore the posts where the guidelines set out in the announcement are ignored ? that?s not laziness, but a survival tactic developed after repeating the same points too many times.

If you go to the horary section you will find that much of the material featured focuses heavily upon the philosophical principles of horary, the need to approach it with sincerity and to look beyond the immediate to find the heart of the problem. Have you read my article ?Questioning our Horaries? or Dennis Elwell?s ?Modern Art of Horary?? The hard-hitting views are there and they are not half-hearted, but they go ignored unless the reader has the will to think them through.

Horary is a divinational act. Done properly, it is not just about following techniques, but also applying a focus to the energy that is generated between the mind and spirit of the client and astrologer. Some forum members such as Sue have argued time and again that it shouldn?t be used with a flippant attitude or on trivial matters, but that it should only be approached with due ceremony and respect.
Where is the due ceremony and respect from a person who comes back a week later with ?sorry i didn't write sooner but Biggie returned home that night with a female dog.?? Experienced practitioners should come down hard on such occasions. Over and over again, because it will happen over and over.

Astrologers encourage such behavior and must accept the fact that they are responsible and duty-bound to correct it. Currently, at the top of the page of this web site is an ad that states ?Horary Consultations. What do you need to know? Click here for details.? It?s that easy ? ?Click here?. Compare this to the secrecy surrounding the ?occult? organizations of past ages and the frequent difficulty in joining them. Commitment was required. ?Horary is a divinational act?? What are we doing with and to the divine with our easy clicks? If we are going to take from horary, and from all astrology, by way of cash, knowledge, and professional esteem, what are we willing to give back? I put respect at the top of the list.

The more that astrologers treat astrology as a service for hire, the more the general public will treat it as yet another commercial transaction. Some of these people will turn astrology into their ?interest of the month? and will show up at Skyscript Forum?s doorstep. What should we do?
Practitioners have a responsibility to their clients, teachers have a responsibility to their students ? no one has a responsibility to police this open forum, but if the rules and guidelines go ignored then the value of the forum degenerates.
Forum rules and guidelines are sometimes ignored. We should come down swift and hard. However, it?s not simply a question of policing the forum, but of protecting the art. The duty shouldn?t fall onto the site administrator (who is undoubtedly already weeping for weariness at keeping the site running). Everyone who studies this divinational act (and art) has the responsibility to protect and respect it. I have been using the term ?experienced practitioners? to mean not only those who have paying clients, but all those who use horary and have gained a working knowledge of it. In appreciation of the knowledge and insights they have gained they should also give back to the art by protecting and contributing to its integrity and philosophical heart. As it is, many members with considerable knowledge will post if they have a question and will join in a technical debate, but are silent on these issues. They walk away looking for something more interesting. They take from astrology rather than give to astrology.

And yes, now that I think of it, Sue has been active in this respect. I am late in showing my appreciation of what she has done.

Have you read my article ?Questioning our Horaries? or Dennis Elwell?s ?Modern Art of Horary?? The hard-hitting views are there and they are not half-hearted, but they go ignored unless the reader has the will to think them through.
Yes, I?ve read them. They may or may not be read by others. They can too easily sit there ignored. They need to be actively and whole-heartedly remembered, acknowledged, and recommended by the rest of us. Their mere presence isn?t enough to show a dabbler how lightly they are dabbling in something which deserves so much more.

Hi Kirk,

I wanted to give a more thoughtful and detailed response, but unfortunately another day is done before my work is :)
Some of these people will turn astrology into their ?interest of the month? and will show up at Skyscript Forum?s doorstep. What should we do?
Indeed, what should we do? Prompted by the New Year urge towards positive changes, I have been meaning to place a post asking people for feedback on pros and cons of the forum. What should be changed, eliminated or improved? I think you?ve beaten me to it with some of your comments here, so I?d like to request more views and opinions on this. Hopefully I?ll be able to come back to some of the general issues later.

Deb

I'm sorry my question caused such a heap of negative emotions but thats the story of my life.
God bless you for helping me and answering my question.
I will think twice before I ask for anything free again.
I should know that nothing in this life is free.

Peace to You and Yours.