Where is the cat and will he return?

Had a call last night from a VERY distraught friend who has lost her beloved pet cat of one week - went outside Sunday morning, did not come back. So not too much time has gone by, but my friend is very worried and distressed nonethless (understandably).

The question "where is my cat and will he return?" was asked at 10:07 pm NZST in Wellington, New Zealand, on the 5th of December 2005.

The chart I get has Cancer rising. I'm using the 6th House ruler as significator of the cat (as traditional ruler of pets and small animals). 6th Ruler is Jupiter. Jupiter is in the 4th. Does that mean kitty is actually home? very close to the home? under the house? up a tree in the garden perhaps?

To me that would indicate the animal is either at home, or very close to home......would other practitioners here agree?

Interestingly, Mars is in a very close applying opposition to Jupiter. Does that mean puss is in imminent danger or some kind of trouble? The Moon will soon aspect the Cat's significator, and is in fact is coming up to form a T-square with the Mars/Jupiter opposition (and indeed to form a Grand Cross with Saturn).

My inital thoughts on the chart are that the cat will be found, close to my friend's house/home, but in a distressed state, or in some kind of trouble.

Would really appreciate any thoughts.

BTW, assuming I can apply the same rules as for missing objects....(am I correct Deb?)....there is a lot of "North" going on here.

Cat's significator is in a water sign (North) Scorpio (North by East) in the 4th House (North).

The 4th house could also mean the cat is hiding underground, or in a hole, or in the dark under something, I suppose.

Hi Kurgal,

I agree with your signification. I also agree that there will be a discovery soon because of the close application and angularity of the significators. But I also agree that it doesn?t look good for the cat. In a lot of these types of charts that I have done, where the pet has had an accident, Mars has been in a close and hard aspect with the pet?s significator. The close opposition between Jupiter and Mars is separating remember, not applying, (because Mars is retrograde) so this was the last significant event for the cat before the disappearance.

Because everything points to a quick discovery of events, I would tell her to step up her enquiries and contact local vets, etc. Using directions might help, but I can?t take my mind off the possibility of an accident ? in this country that usually means on the roads, although in one pet horary I did where Mars was tied in to the pet?s significator like this I assumed an accident, but in fact the pet had been shot.

I hope I?m wrong and that the cat turns up safe and well.

Deb

Deb, thanks for the quick response.

Thanks for reminding me about Mars retrograde. How could I forget that, given the chaos created by both Mars and Mercury retrograde over the last few days?? :???: :)

It seems the possibility of the cat having been in an accident of some kind is very likely, given the very close and angular Mars/Jupiter aspect (and based on your personal experience), so I suppose all we can hope is that the animal is still alive.

The upcoming contact between the querent's significator (Moon) and the cat's significator is encouraging as an indicator of discovery, but again, this is by square aspect, so perhaps the discovery will be unpleasant.

This chart would seem to fit the situation where a pet has perhaps ventured out, got hurt, and then crawled back home and gone under the house.

I spoke to the querent just before and I mentioned the possibility of the cat being either at the house or very close by, and she said last night she thought she heard the cat crying from inside the walls of the house, which woke her up. Incidentally, her bedroom is at the North end of the house.

She said she was going to step up her efforts in searching for the cat in the roof/walls/ceiling of the house, under the house, and in/around the house. She has already contacted neighbours, local vets, SPCA, etc.

MarkF wrote:All,

I took Jupiter in the 4th house to mean the grave, that the cat has passed on, not that it necessarily is near the house.

MarkF, I'm afraid I think you might be right. I did overlook the association of this house with the end of life (and in particular death by drowning). My friend got her builder to investigate the nooks and crannies of her house (inside walls, ceiling etc) but to no avail. Nothing found.

I'm sure the 4th House placement is meaningful; it is telling us something. Perhaps the cat will be found in a dark, low place. Perhaps it fell into a hole, or a well, or hole filled with water.....the 4th house cusp describes the land upon which something is found; with Scorpio on the cusp, it would be marshy, swampy, or wet ground, or near water or a water supply, or compost....

Another interesting issue arises from this chart.

This is an adult cat (7 years old I think) adopted from another family, not a kitten. As we all know, cats form a significant attachment to their domestic environment and often will travel miles to get back to the "home" they know.

So could the fourth house placement here be signifying the cat's familiar home rather than my friend's home? In which case, perhaps the cat set out to find it's way back "home" (in Plimmerton, a town far to the North of Wellington) and was killed on the way? That would seem to be an equally plausible interpretation of this chart.