Marriage question

Here is the question I was about to post when I saw the "relationship question."

My question is: Will A and L get married as planned on Dec. 30, and if so, will it last? I asked the question Nov. 7, 2005 at 8:42 p.m, in Lansing, Michigan, USA, 84w, 42n44.

My reason for asking is the couple has been living together for two years and has already jettisoned plans to get married at least twice before. They are very dear friends of mine and I was to be a bridesmaide at their wedding. However, regarding this latest Dec. 30 wedding date, there has been no mention of even having bridesmaids! (not that I'm disappointed!)

In reviewing the chart I am using the 11th house for my friend, the female in the relationship. (She is one of my best friends and has been for several years now.) Ironically, or so it seems to me, she is represented by Mars, at 24 Aries. Her 7th is represented by Venus at 24 Libra. However, Mars is Rx in HER house. According to an old aphorism by Lilly, I believe, when one's significator is in one's on house, it means they have "little mind to marry."

If that alone tells the tale, then I would judge the answer to be "no." However since Mars is Rx, and Barbara Watters says Rx planets always lie, then maybe here, the retrograde Mars is a good thing! (Meaning, the couple will marry.)

After all, Venus at 2 Cap will trine the Rx Mars at 14 Taurus, and since those are their significators, this looks very promising. Not only that, Jupiter, the Sun and Mercury all are in the turned 7th house of the chart, which seems beneficial. It's only that Rx Mars that troubles me: that and the Moon in 2 Aquarius will eventually come to square it, bringing difficulties, I'm sure. (The fact is, the couple is already experiencing some difficulties that are serious enough that I could imagine one day might cause them to separate.)

What do you think?

Marriage question

Yikes, the Moon is VOC on Dec. 30? Oh, oh... However, if it's GMT, that means it's actually 7 hours earlier where the marriage will take place and if I recall the ephemeris correctly on that date, it's also a new moon in Capricorn. In other words, if I'm reading the ephemeris right, by the time the wedding ceremony takes place: in the evening of Dec. 30 (I'm assuming) it will about 2 a.m. GMT and the Moon won't be VOC then. Of course, if the ceremony takes place before 5 p.m., then the Moon would still be VOC. Not good!

Still, the Moon in its detriment doesn't seem good, although the conjunction of the Sun and Moon should seem nice, although now isn't it Combust?

This question was prompted by a phone call from my friend describing some difficulties in her live-in-relationship: I tried to persuade her to postpone the wedding yet again until these issues were resolved, but she's a hard-headed Scorpio! (For that matter, so is HE!)

But does the Venus Rx on their wedding date mean HE will change his mind, as he was represented by Venus in the horary chart? Or does it simply mean the ceremony won't be as visually stunning or pleasant as it could have been?

In any case, I'll let you know!

Hi Voyagergirl

okay, for you guys in the states the VOC will happen in the middle of the night, so it's not an issue. But the Moon in its detriment and Venus in Capricorn too?

here's a nice article for your info: http://www.llewellynjournal.com/print.php?id=889

Actually, the best wedding chart that I found was only for October 2006. Before that, there was always something not right, especially the Saturn/Chiron opposition that runs from Feb 2006 right up until August 2006. Now one may, or may not subscribe to this aspect which the Magi call a "heart-break clash", but why take chances? :D

Regards
Susie

Another thought: I know someone (well) who got married with Venus retrograde, and the Pisces Moon opposing Mars and Saturn, squaring Sun and Neptune. They had Leo rising, and the marriage did last almost 25 years, but what teeth-gnashing 25 years it was. The bride upped and left 3 days after the wedding and went back to her mother. :D

That's where they should have left it, but instead they carried on, very much frustrated with each other, until 10 years down the line, he left her for another woman for a while. Again (this is where the fixed ASC comes in) they got back together, the sake of the 10 year old daughter, and plodded on until the beginning of this year, when they finally split. They are divorced now.

The marriage was described to me as "making do".

How ghastly - sounds very much like Venus retro.

Regards
S.

Marriage chart

Wow, Thanks SusieN!

I can appreciate your story about the fixed ascendent making the "making do" marriage last a miserable 25 years...

Well, maybe my friends will postpone their ceremony for a bit longer...

And good point about the Saturn Chiron opposition that will be in effect for most of the coming year: I agree with the Magi Society, it's nothing to tamper with!

Two (well-publicised) marriages that were contracted during Chiron/Saturn opposition are Jennifer Anistons' and Jessica Simpsons'.

No points for guessing what happened there!

I would just love to know how all (most) of these marriages fare that take place between Feb and August 2006.

Regards
S.

Regards
Susie

Sorry, the tired old brain only kicks in delayed: Jessica Simpson also had Venus retro in Scorpio in her wedding chart. Ouch!

I believe that both Elton John and Michael George are planning to marry their respective partners during the upcoming Venus retro phase - I would hazard a guess that it is entirely possible that the fur might fly (in the future).

Fascinating stuff!

Susie

Update to marriage question: A surprise!

Hello all!

Awhile ago I posted a horary question regarding an upcoming marriage for my friends. The horary was asked on Nov. 7. I was told they planned to marry on Dec. 30, which is not an astrologically fortuituous day.

My interpretation of the chart seemed to indicate the marriage would not take place Dec. 30, as my question was asked. But I was very puzzled as to how this could be true. Logic told me it was unlikely they'd postpone their wedding date once again.

Well, it turns out the two were secretly married on Nov. 26 in Mexico!
So, that explains why the chart seemed to indicate the answer was "NO"!

In the Nov. 7 chart, she was ruled by the Rx Mars in her first house and he by Venus.

Astrology triumphs once again.

Hi
Had another quick glance at this chart and noticed that, although there were no traditional warnings on judgement, you, the querent, was ruled by the moon which was squaring pretty much everything, on cusp of 8th and with its next conjunction being to neptune. In retrospect it is now clear that this meant you weren't really in a strong position to judge the chart and you weren't being told the whole story. You got the answer right but that really didn't solve the underlying issue. Interesting that it was necessary to look at your significator to see the whole picture ( or rather to see that you didn't have it!)

susieN wanted to know about Elton John, he tied the knot today at 11:00 am GMT 21 Dec 2005 at the same place Charles and Camilla got marrried... not sure where exactly that is, but thought I'd mention it.

Granny