Well, I found out a couple of hours ago that I did not get this job. Sigh. The agency said that the gentleman who interviewed me had only positive things to say about me, but in the end he felt that another candidate would be a better fit. Oh well. There's the quincunx at work, I guess.

I have two more interviews for other jobs now--these are positions that were posted in the newspaper. I am in all honesty not that excited about either of these positions, but I feel I should go on the interviews anyway. I did ask a horary about one of them. The question was, Will I get the job at XYZ Corp? Chart data is Oct 25th, 2005, 6:03pm EDT, St. Augustine, Florida USA.

To me this is quite an interesting horary, and I am not sure how to interpret it. The ruler of the sixth house makes no aspect to anything; however, the ruler of the 1st, Mars, is on the antiscion of Saturn, ruler of the 10th house. Saturn, in turn, is on the antiscion of Mars. I really have no experience working with antiscia, so any suggestions would be much appreciated. Moreover, the moon's last aspect is a refranation sextile to Jupiter--that is, the Moon is applying to a sextile with Jupiter, but Jupiter changes signs before the aspect achieves perfection. I was taught that refranation aspects mean "something is dropped." I am thinking that the refranation aspect may reflect my lack of enthusiasm over the distance I would have to commute if I did end up in this position. Jupiter rules things that are far away--so perhaps I will end up "dropping" the opportunity for this job because I would have to drive too far to get to work everyday. I'll get a chance to see what the commute will be like tomorrow when I drive out there for the interview.

In addition, the employment agency I've been using says that they may have another position they want me to interview for. How might I use astrology to my advantage when scheduling an interview--that is, apart from avoiding times when the moon is VOC? Of course, I don't necessarily have any control over this--sometimes the prospective employer is only willing to interview during certain times or on certain days.

I hope no one thinks I am asking too many questions here. I am really in a need of a good-paying position, and believe astrology can give me leg up. Recently, I just had the first hit of Saturn oppo Saturn natally--so I am feeling a gigantic crunch right now in lots of ways, and will probably feel mighty crunched for the next year. I am also due soon for the final hit of t-Pluto (in the 2nd house) trining my MC--which I had thought would mean all sorts of good things careerwise, but so far I haven't seen any "Pluto power" in my career zone.

Thanks for any insights
Allow yourself to be molded by your own talents.

My pronouns are she, her, hers

employment horary

Amethyst,

I'm sorry you didn't get the job, but I seem to remember the Moon was VOC in the horary, so the result is not surprising to me.

(I'm one of those people that pretty much doesn't go much further to interpret a chart once I see the VOC moon.)

Anyway, your right to try and schedule interviews for auspicisous times. You might also try to get an interview when the Moon transits your 10th house.

Good Luck.

Hi--

Something very interesting transpired with this job. Last week, the agency that sent me on the interview told me that the company had decided to hire someone else. This morning they called, and told me that the company changed its mind. They are not going to go with the other person. Instead, the company decided to revamp the job so that it has different duties. They want to consider me for the revamped position and have asked that I take a personality assessment.

So, I would assume that the original horary, in which I asked "will I get the job", no longer applies, because the position for which I was being considered no longer exists, and now I am under consideration for a different position. I would also say, that this is also an interesting illustration of the quincunx at work. I was taught that the quincunx means "something has to be adjusted"--and low & behold, an adjustment is taking place.

Thanks again for everyone's feedback.
Allow yourself to be molded by your own talents.

My pronouns are she, her, hers

dear amethyst,

congrats on getting a position! i hope all is working out well with it.

see, that really is interesting about the quincunx in the (1st) job horary...didn't you say that you had read that march and mcevers' stance on the quincunx is that something has to be adjusted or change in the matter? i have come across a horary recently with a quincunx between the primary sigs and that seems to be the case.

anyway, just wanted to check in and see how that job is working out!

sincerely,
chrissy