magic attack?

I received a question from a close friend which had me puzzled at first but then I remembered horary can answer to anything.
So, he is suspecting that some negative occult/magic attack is performed upon him and wanted to know if it was true or simple imagination.
So, the question was asked on October 11th 2005, in Bucharest, Romania, at 15:59 local time.

With Aquarius rising he is ruled by Saturn in Leo and on the cusp of the 7th.
Lilly says that:
- if Saturn rules both the Asc and the 12th + Saturn is in 7th
- the Lord of the 6th and in 12th (Moon)
- the Moon applyies to Saturn (ruler of Asc)
then we should judge the person to be bewitched.
Ok, so that settles it: the man is right! He sensed something.
Now let's see who's doing this?
According to Lilly we should look for the planet that throws an evil eye on Asc ruler. in this case I think it is Mercury, casting an applying square to Saturn.
Now Mercury rules 4th, 5th and 7th. He's sure about his father, so that rules him out. Should he suspect an agent (5th house) or one of his dealers (5th house) because he has no kids? Then, we should look to the cause of this attack: Mercury is in 8th house (Regiomontanus) or in 9th (placidus) I'm not sure which to pick cos I've seen placidus working fine so far. So I have this problem too. And plus, i can't figure out the real cause of the person's malefic intentions.

There is another face to it: Venus is also applying by trine to Saturn, and in this case Venus can be judged as a malefic since it rules 8th house.
Is this getting more complex or it is I who's making it look complex?
So, there could be attacks from two persons????

Hi Dalela,

The houses are giving you a starting point, but to get more you are going to have to work on the descriptions and natural symbolism offered by Mercury. And don't forget you need to consult with the querent. At the end of the day you can't give this man proof, you can only give him suggestions. And you need to be cautious in your advice in case you mislead him in any way and give him cause to exaggerate any inappropriate suspicions. So maybe you should shift the focus towards why he feels this might be happening and how he can protect himself from the experience.

I believe Christopher Warnock has a lot of experience in this area and has studied the use of protection by astrological talismans. In fact he has just translated De Imaginibus, "On Images" by Thabit Ibn Qurra which might be of great interest to you for this particular chart. His website is at http://www.renaissanceastrology.com/ in case you are interested.

Deb

Hi Deb,

I must say your answer is very...diplomatic. The guy isn't interested in getting revenge or stuff like that. He just needs to understand and deal with the situation in a spiritual way. Just as you said, using talismans, but also doing his spiritual work. Afterall, it is obvious that since he has this kind of problems, then he deserves it. He says it's karma.
All he wants is to see if his feelings are right or if his perceptions are way out of the line.
So, my problem isn't psychological with this guy: how to tell him. but if my interpretation is right. Does the chart show this form of aggression or not? I want to learn using this example. I won't go with your interpretation of this chart to him and tell him:"You know, some very learned and famous astrologer said this and that." I want your help and everyone else's in interpreting a chart. If this is possible. I thought that we are here to write what we think of a chart, to learn from good and bad interpretation, not how to wear gloves in dealing with a client.

Oh, and I am very much aware of Mr. Warnock's site and I must say I did some talismans for myself based on his recommendations and they do work miracles.
thanks

dalela

I thought that we are here to write what we think of a chart, to learn from good and bad interpretation, not how to wear gloves in dealing with a client.
And I didn?t talk about any such thing. I took an interest in your post, gave you a comment and suggested a direction. Sorry if that was too diplomatic for you. Here?s a less diplomatic suggestion ? it?s your chart: do what every professional horary astrologer has to do, work it out for yourself.

wow! now that's the aswer of a REAL professional astrologer. I never expected it coming from you.
Also, your very profound answer says you actually don't have a clue about how to answer. Sorry to have bothered.
But thank you again for all you did so far. This forum is really good - truly.

I never expected it coming from you.
Why not Dalela? Your reference to my being ??diplomatic? seemed- at the very least - sarcastic. And it appeared to be a case of ?what, is that all I get????, as if you had an expected right to more detailed feedback from me, or an explanation that would work your judgement out for you. On what was otherwise a very busy day for me, I took the trouble to offer some feedback, partly so that your post wouldn?t sink down the page without a response. Your patent dissatisfaction was such I wondered whether I ought to offer back some of the money you never paid me. (!)

The comments I made were misconstrued. Diplomacy paid no part in my first post and there was no implication about how to wear gloves with your client. The point you missed is that because there is no objective reality for you to test your judgement against, the only ?proofs? you can possibly measure it against are deriving descriptions from the symbolism that demonstrate reliable astrological knowledge of a situation the client can confirm. So you are right, I don?t have the answer to give you. Even if I thought I did, I would only be inclined to lead you towards a direction where you?d find it for yourself.
Afterall, it is obvious that since he has this kind of problems, then he deserves it.
I?m not sure I agree. Anyway, good luck with it. Sorry we got off on a bad note. In future, if you don't mind me being diplomatic, I?ll aim to be more so.