mars-saturn conjunction to kiev, moscow and washington dc -

inspired by my friend aj here, but i have added one little wrinkle - washington location as well...

these charts are sidereal zodiac..

i thought we could discuss the in's and outs of this conjunction to the capital cities of russia, ukraine and usa.. perhaps we could include one for nato headquarters as well.. below are the 3 charts in this order - kiev, moscow, washington..

i will try to get to this today, but if anyone wanted to offer some astrological insights before i do... thanks...

the first observation i would like to make is that having malefics in the angles is not a positive thing... malefics removed from the angles is more favourable... this goes with the logic that planets in angles are given a position to strongly express themselves.. planets in the cadent houses however are not in the same position to do so...

and you can make the same case for benefics in angles as being a positive...

fwiw the nodes are generally considered malefic in nature.... in the chart for kiev the nodal axis directly squares the ascendant degree... furthermore - the 2 malefics are also directly squared onto the nodal axis, making this particular mars-saturn conjunction more malefic in nature..

james_m wrote:fwiw the nodes are generally considered malefic in nature.... in the chart for kiev the nodal axis directly squares the ascendant degree... furthermore - the 2 malefics are also directly squared onto the nodal axis, making this particular Mars-Saturn conjunction more malefic in nature..
No time for a full analysis but here are some general comments to get things started a bit more. I would agree, even without the Nodal affliction this would be a malefic combination. Ma-Sa caught exactly in the elbow of the Nodal axis without any relief from a very close aspect from a strong benefic in traditional language would be termed 'evil'.
From an Indian astrological perspective when 2 planets are in conjunction a planetary war ensues called Graha Yuddha. Saturn wins in this case. There are a few ways to determine who wins, I take the more observational approach where the planet that is brighter and/or has more northerly declination wins. The winning planet takes over 'conquers' the others' significations, for good or ill. It's rather unusual with Mars-Saturn conjunctions that Saturn wins because most times Mars is brighter than Saturn, right now they are almost identical in magnitude but Saturn is north of Mars in declination.
IMO then Saturn is really controlling this conjunction and hence the chart.
Signification of the planets should be remembered as Mars represents armed forces, deployment of troops. violent death, accidents etc. See also the houses ruled by them and signs and nakshatras Involved.
Saturn rules civil servants, low technology, mines, industry, structure and contraction. Saturn often denotes distress, discontent, loss of work, sickness and disease.

In all 3 charts Ju-Ne is exactly afflicted by the South Node (Ketu) as well suggesting sudden and expanding chaos upsetting banking, capitalism, foreign trade etc.

The Moon's exact square to Venus is also very significant but I am out of time and will have to come back to this discussion.

~AJ