Is my next door neighbor a threat to my physical well-being?

Hi everyone,

I am a newcomer to horary and I was wondering if someone could help me out with this question, asked at 8:47 p.m., on 9/24/05, in Sacramento, California, U.S.A.. "Is my next door neighbor a threat to my physical well-being."
Here's the background. My next door neighbor (I live in an apartment complex with fairly thin walls) has been playing his music extremely, extremely loud at all hours of the day, sometimes even late at night or early in the morning. It is so loud that it sounds like there is a dance club next door. It doesn't help that the music is rap/hip hop and therefore has a very strong/loud bass to it.
Anyhow, I was able to only put up with so long, and since I do not know this person, I decided to talk to the apartment management instead. They told me that they would "write up a paper and put something on his door about the complaint."
So, this is what has occured since. The next day or two in the early morning, I am fairly sure I heard my neighbor say outside that he had just gotten an eviction notice. I do not know if this has anything to do with my complaint, nor do I know how he would know it was me who complained (there is a person who lives to the side of him and possibly people in apartments downstairs).
Anyway, at around six this evening I was leaving my apartment and as I walked by this neighbor's door, he quickly opened the door, gave me a very menacing look, and quickly closed the door. I actually did not think too much of this at the time, except for the fact that he did not return my greeting.
When I returned home about an hour later, he and about five-seven other friends were walking towards his apartment about 50-100 feet away from me. I was in the parking lot making sure I did a decent parking job, so I only caught a glimpse of him and his friends, although my neighbor and I did make eye contact and I did not feel good energy from him. Then I turned to look at my car again and I heard his friends saying, "Adam, no, no, come on, let's go...don't, etc." Hearing this, I turned to look at them and they were all looking at me in a very strange way as they walked up the stairs to his apartment. I have a feeling that my neighbor wanted to confront me and his friends were stopping him, for in the past we have greeted one another fairly respectfully and I was getting nothing but negative energy from him.
So that is the story. Does the horary chart give any answers to my question, for I am actually pretty worried. Am I phrasing the question appropriately? I am very new to horary, excited to learn more, and I would be grateful for any and all help.

Thanks, Peter

"Is my next door neighbor a threat to my physical well-being."
The short answer is I don't think so. What I like about this chart, as a chart, not your situation, is the mutual reception with Lords 1 (you) and 7 (open enemies.) It is this mutual reception that caused me to use 7 to represent your neighbor, and not lord 3, neighbors (the Moon). Venus is in the exaltation of the Moon, and I don't want to start another reception discussion, regardless of who likes whom with Mars in Taurus (Moon's exaltation), it isn't your neighbor liking you or vice versa.

Both Venus and the Mars are in detriment, so there is little that will be done to each other as neither is in a position of strength. I notice Mars, your neighbor, is on the antiscion of Saturn, lord 10, which I take to be the apartment manager. There has been something going on between the two of them that you are not or were not aware of. Your complaint may have been the straw that broke the camel's back.

If we look to the 4th house, the end of the matter, we see it is ruled by the Moon in Cancer, your co-significator, very strong, therefore I don't think anything wil happen to you.

If we use the Moon for your neighbor the chart makes less sense to me. The Moon next applies to the Sun, lord 5, or he turned 3rd, and that doesn't tell me anything. There is no connection between the Moon and Venus. So I prefer the house of open enemies.

I think you'll be fine, but stay alert just in case.

Tom
Last edited by Tom on Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tom, I think you meant to say Mars, not Venus, is in the Moon's exaltation. Isn't Venus in Scorpio now?
Yes, that is what I meant. I'll change it now. Thanks for pointing out the error.

Tom

Thanks, Tom

Hi Tom,

Thanks for looking at the chart and offering an interpretation, I really appreciate the help! I was worried at first that the Mars in the first house meant that my neighbor definitely does want to physically harm me, the reason being that the Mars is an agressive planet (although in this case in its fall) and it is in the first house, which rules the physical body. But I may be mixing horary and natal.
I was wondering why you chose the seventh house (open enemies) as representing my neighbor, rather than the twelfth house (secret enemies). It is interesting that both houses are ruled by mars anyway, but I was wondering if my neighbor yet constitutes an "open enemy" rather than a "secret enemy" if I do not know for absolutely certain that the weird energy I was getting from him actually means that he wants to confront me in one way or another for complaining the the apartment management. I am also wondering if an interpretation of the chart would change if my neighbor was represented by the house of "secret enemies"? I would imagine not, because both the seventh and twelfth are ruled by Mars.
I was also wondering if the moon is my "co-significator" because I am represented by taurus ruling the first and the moon is dignified in taurus?
Anyway, fortunately I have not run into my neighbor since I posed this question on the site, but I am still a little edgy, and I am most definitely "staying alert", as you recommended.

Thanks again for the input.

Warmly, Peter

Hi Tom,

Both Venus and the Mars are in detriment, so there is little that will be done to each other as neither is in a position of strength. I notice Mars, your neighbor, is on the antiscion of Saturn, lord 10, which I take to be the apartment manager. There has been something going on between the two of them that you are not or were not aware of. Your complaint may have been the straw that broke the camel's back.

I just wanted to add that is a very interesting insight into the chart. I talked to a friend about this incident, and we both thought that it would be very odd for my neighbor to be evicted (as I overheard the neighbor saying) just as a result of one complaint made my me about playing music too loud. So I think you may have definitely are on to something.

Peter