General beginer Questions

I have a couple of basic questions. I am a physician, so a question regarding a patient of mine would put the patient in the 7th, correct? Also , this same man , who I only saw once and don't really know ( can't remember his name even), just happened to look at my palm and read it. Where would his "reading" be? The 3rd house or the 3rd from the 7th? I am thinking it is along the lines of a message, news, etc.
I also have a general question...in being careful of how to pose a question I asked if someone's life would be happier/easier if they sold their house. Then I realized I didn't know what house general happiness would be in. So under those circumstances is it better to just ask the easier" should he sell?" and assume the answer is going to address the general well being of the querent?

I am a physician, so a question regarding a patient of mine would put the patient in the 7th, correct?
I would think this is correct house.
Also , this same man , who I only saw once and don't really know ( can't remember his name even), just happened to look at my palm and read it. Where would his "reading" be? The 3rd house or the 3rd from the 7th?
I would stick with the radical 3rd. It was your palm or hand that was read, not his.
I also have a general question...in being careful of how to pose a question I asked if someone's life would be happier/easier if they sold their house. Then I realized I didn't know what house general happiness would be in. So under those circumstances is it better to just ask the easier" should he sell?" and assume the answer is going to address the general well being of the querent?
I think your instincts are correct and go for "should he sell?" The chart should indicate the outcome. The 4th house is usually "the end of the matter" and it might b revealing, but let the chart guide you.

Best

Tom