Seeking a good town to relocate to

Hi,
I am in the process of moving, and looking at various towns that I could move to. I initially plan to rent, since I think most houses are currently overpriced in NJ, and the prices may fall within a year. But the town that I rent in will be the town that I will buy, since I don't want to move the children in and out of schools again. The pressure to make the right decision is rather overwhelming, at times.

A lot of things have to be taken into consideration, in this order: quality of the school system, price range of houses sold in that town (so that I can afford to buy into the town that i'm renting in), the existence of "nice" houses in my price range, and the general overall neighborhood. But remember, there could be lots of nice towns, but the question is "Will this town by good for *me*?"

In Chapter XXXV, Christian Astrology, Lilly writes about the rules for judging "If good to remove from one house or place to another, or to stay or abide in any place or not?". But this is moving from one house to another, and I'm not sure if it covers the question I'm asking because I have to find the right town first. However, I am using the same rules, judging the 1st, 4rth and 7th houses. I researched a few towns and finally asked this question, and each time I get terrible results.

It is possible that one of you may think I should not turn to astrology for this kind of thing, I should just make my decision based on the "facts". Being inherently a very practical person (Taurus sun), I would fully concur with this viewpoint. But due to a host of other things going on right now, I don't think my thinking is as clear as it should be, and I'm terrified of making a mistake...hence, seeking guidance from astrology.

Furthermore, I just have this gut feeling that there are "lucky" houses and "unlucky" houses, and a horary may be able to give me the guidance that I can't seem to get from my own thought processes (or research or facts or realtor's advise).

I'm wondering if my premise for judgement is all wrong? I would appreciate your thoughts on this. Why is each town coming up with such terrible results?

Also, is there a way to judge whether or not a town will work out good for me from other methods within astrology?

Thank you.
- Taurus7 -

I'm in the same place right now, and am thinking its not a good time to move, I think things are in flux right now, about to change and maybe a short wait wouldn't hurt. now that is intuition but its on top of I keep getting lousey results for every horary I've done for a move right now.

Because I like trying to figure out horaries though, I'd love to see one or two of your charts... :D

Granny

Because I like trying to figure out horaries though, I'd love to see one or two of your charts...
"Will Midland Park be a good town to move to?"
Sep 15, 2005; 74W26; 40N51
1:12 PM
9 deg 39 Sag rising.
I'm Jup, the town is Mercury. The town is about to catch fire though, 2 degrees from being totally combust - (..grin)...and it's about to trine Mars, ruler of 12th, and located in the 6th! Mars also rules the 5th, so maybe my children would be very unhappy there. That's not all; the Moon, my co-ruler, is about to square Mars, and the Moon is also ruler of the 8th, so Mars is massively malefic, and my ruler and the town's ruler are both about to aspect it - so that's the end of that!!!

"Will Pequannock be a good town to move to?"
Sep 14, 2005
5:56 PM GMD
003W03
53N22

I asked this question of a friend overseas, hence difference in location, perhaps sub-consciously thinking that if I moved the latitude and longitude out a bit I might get better results...(..grin..)
If you take a look at this one, Saturn is ruler of the 1st, and in the dignity of the 7th and located in the 7th - I thought this would be a great town to live in!! The schools in this town are rated as in the top 75 in the state; and it had nice houses selling in my price range, and good rentals too. However, I am in detriment over there. And Saturn is also ruler of the 12th. The Moon is just about to oppose Saturn, and I didn't understand what that meant at the time...
Well, a few hours later I found that Pequannock is conveniently located in a "flood" zone. No wonder those nice looking houses were selling for not so high prices!! Not sure how that could have been indicated in the horary, but both the Moon and Neptune are located in the first. So the horary was saying "No", and I didn't know why at the time, but now I do. So Pequannock's out too.

In my case, I don't have the option of whether I should move or not - I have to move, we just sold the house!