Friendly reminder to those interested to track the asteroids.
Riyal for Windows

https://www.expreso.co.cr/centaurs/riyal.html

Riyal for Windows is an astrology-astronomy calculation software program developed by Juan Revilla of Costa Rica. Juan is a highly respected authority of positional calculation of astronomical bodies and fully capable astrologer. Juan researches Centaurs and other solar system bodies. (Dave Monroe)
https://ninthhouse.wordpress.com/chart- ... art-calcn/

Under Tables you have 3 options that can be sorted by Asteroid number, name, longitude, latitude and declination
- All Named Asteroids
- All Distant Objects
- Unusual Deep Space

Bravo to Juan!
Blessings!

Thanks a lot Ouranos!

And hello everybody -- been a while, am busy with other things

Waybread, what a great find, Lucifer On Putin's Sun.
I checked the chart for the outbreak of the war: Vladimir conjunct Moon conjunct Lucifer!

Late December-early January (forgot when exact, no time to look it up) transiting Putilini will be conjunct Pluto. I hope he dies. (And not asteroid-related, the April 30 eclipse will hit his Venus, the Oct 25 eclipse will be right on his ascendant.)

Other evil markers I found last year in his natal chart:
Ixion conjunct Sun (Ixion was a very evil King in Greek mythology)
Mamon(tov) and Eris opposite Sun (Mamon was the personification of greed in the bible)
Attila conjunct NN
Tyrannosaurus conjunct Jupiter
Hybris and Hipparchus conjunct Venus
Vishnu conjunct MArs

Thanks, annadeer. There is a biblical saying that God does not want the death of the sinner: he only wants the sinner to repent. (And, I would hope, atone.)

In thinking of asteroids that might stymie a person's ambitions, I came up with Nemesis #125, Waterloo (Napolean's defeat, 30535) Moira 635 (the 3 Moirae were the Greek fates,) and Atropos (#273), the fate who determined the length of life.

Nemesis conjuncts Putin's natal Venus.

Transiting sun and Moira are just past natal Sedna-- the Inuit goddess of the deep sea. Which is interesting in consideration of the Russian battleship that just sank in the Black Sea-- after being hit with Neptune missiles.

Transiting Neptune-Jupiter currently square Putin's natal Mars.

Astrodienst has a chart for the Russian invasion of Ukraine, at 4:55 am on February 24. This puts the ascendant at 16 degrees Capricorn.
https://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Mi ... of_Ukraine

They also have a founding chart for Ukraine, at:
https://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Nation:_Ukraine
Its ascendant is also 16 degrees of Capricorn.

With transiting Mars, Venus and Pluto conjunct in Ukraine's first house,t his can't be coincidence. Moreover, from the (evil) point of view of mounting an invasion against Ukraine, the chart of the invasion would seem to promote this operation. I seriously wonder if someone in Russian army command consulted an astrologer. They'd been amassing troops and material on the Ukraine border for months, prior to the invasion. So why invade at the moment when the ascendants aligned-- to the degree?

I don't have any special software to work with asteroids, but my hope is that those of you who do will see if any significant asteroids were operating at the onset of the Russian invasion.

What? You think I haven't written about this? :lol:

Here is the post from my site about the start of the war. https://alexasteroidastrology.com/astro ... invasion/
Scroll down about 2/3 to the interpretation of the actual invasion (the first portion deals with the series of stations of relevant asteroids that led up to the war). That chart is set for 5 AM local, which was the closest estimate of the precise moment the bombs started dropping, in real time. That yields an 18 Cap ASC, but I'm happy with the 4:55 chart.

I don't think we have to look to collusion with astrological guidance for the start of the war, however. Mundane is my specialty, I deal with charts constantly that have exact matches between natals and events, in situations which preclude premeditation to the minute, like mass shootings, celebrity deaths and weather events.

Just chalk it up to Fate in the timing; when we allow things to unfold naturally, the timing is precise.

[/url]

Well, that's odd, isn't it? Where did my reply go? Putin!!!!!! :lala

I was just saying I have written about the war (obviously), which you can find here, from my site: https://alexasteroidastrology.com/astro ... -invasion/

That chart has a 5:00 AM time, it was the closest estimate in real time as to when the first bombs dropped, so it has the 18 Cap ASC, not 16, but the chart is essentially the same. And of course it isn't coincidence, Waybread - it's Fate. No astrologer required, this sort of exact connection between natal and event occurs all the time, with no premeditation, in case after case.

Asteroid highlights include:

The Venus/Mars/Pluto is at the fulcrum of a T-square with TNO Eris in Aries opposing asteroids Europa, Russia and Donbass.

Asteroid Volodymyr (for Zelensky) is on the MC, with asteroid Putilin (Putin) is rising on the ASC, conjunct centaur Pholus (mass casualties, by whatever cause), opposing asteroids Moskva and America in a T-square with asteroid Kriegh (German for war is Krieg)

Asteroid Vladimir conjunct the Moon, asteroid Karma and asteroid Guernica (named for Picasso's painting depicting the horrors of war), opposed asteroid Kiev, T-squared asteroid Zelinsky

It's all there; just like always.

The Venus/Mars/Pluto is at the fulcrum of a T-square with TNO Eris in Aries opposing asteroids Europa, Russia and Donbass.
This fulcrum seems key in this war with Eris considering it also opposes the SU/SA/NE of Putin

Astronomy (SkyandTelescope.org) is also telling us in their weekly blog that...
"Arcturus is the brightest star high in the east these evenings, pale yellow-orange. Spica, paler blue-white, shines lower right of Arcturus by about three fists at arm's length."
The bad apple being Arcturus and the good apple Spica, twins in the sky.

And what do we know of Arcturus
https://astrologyking.com/arcturus-star/
"In ancient Mesopotamia, Arcturus was linked to the god Enlil, and also known as Shudun, “yoke???. The traditional name Arcturus is derived from the Ancient Greek Ἀ??κτοῦ??ος (Arktouros) and means “Guardian of the Bear???, ultimately from ἄ??κτος (arktos), “bear??? and οὖ??ος (ouros), “watcher, guardian???."
The bear is a symbol of Russia. The bear was chosen as the mascot of the 1980 Moscow Olympics, which sought to portray the bear as a friendly creature rather than the aggressive one depicted in the media.
"That is why older texts warn of Arcturus above the the inviting Spica, as though God has maliciously placed a ‘bad’ star right on a ‘good’ one. One must marvel at the debased kind of astrology that does not accept a need to give as well as to receive of life’s bounties. ( The Living Stars, Dr. Eric Morse, 1988, p.141).
Blessings!

waybread wrote:I don't have any special software to work with asteroids, but my hope is that those of you who do will see if any significant asteroids were operating at the onset of the Russian invasion.
Astrolog is another program that can work with asteroids. :D It can display any of the 600,000 asteroids and other minor bodies that one might be interested in, and also do analysis over all asteroids at once (at least those asteroids that you've downloaded the Swiss Ephemeris format ephemeris files for).

For example, you can configure it to display which asteroids are positioned importantly, e.g. within 1 arcminute of the Sun. For the Ukraine invasion chart above, with Sun at 5Pis27'55", among the first 10000 asteroids only one of them was positioned within one arcminute of the Sun: "9035 1990SH1" at 5Pis28'22".

For the Moon of the invasion chart at 7Sag50'29", none of the first 10000 asteroids were within one minute of it. For the Ascendant at 16Cap55'41", there's two asteroids within an arcminute: "2814 Vieira" at 16Cap55'48", and "9697 Louwman" at 16Cap56'29". For the MC at 20Sco40'27", there's one: "4660 Nereus" at 20Sco41'22".

Of course you can configure the orbs and how many asteroids you consider to be significant. Below is an Astrolog solar system orbit chart showing the first 10000 asteroids at once, which can give a feel for how many there are and how they move:
Astrolog 7.60 freeware downloads: http://www.astrolog.org/astrolog.htm :)

Alex, I'm impressed by your good work with asteroids, but we differ in terms of why things happen when they do.

I don't accept "fate" as a response to a military invasion. A major invasion doesn't just happen. It requires a lot of pre-invasion planning, both for the overall objectives and for the logistics to be implemented to achieve the objectives. (Strategy and tactics, the latter involving a lot of calculations.) No military commander is going to run on fate. He may be a good strategizer and tactician or a poor one, but he cannot launch an invasion without decision-making.

I take the point of view that "the stars impel but they do not compel." A true belief in fate reduces to astral determinism, where humans are merely robots enacting heavenly mechanics set in motion thousands of years before they were born.

Cruiser1, thanks. I wouldn't normally insist on an exact conjunction to the specific degree, but but I do like to see conjunctions and tight orbs. We're hampered a bit in this case, because the IAU does not seem to have approved naming many asteroids after villains.

Cruiser1 wrote:
waybread wrote:I don't have any special software to work with asteroids, but my hope is that those of you who do will see if any significant asteroids were operating at the onset of the Russian invasion.
Astrolog is another program that can work with asteroids. :D It can display any of the 600,000 asteroids and other minor bodies that one might be interested in, and also do analysis over all asteroids at once (at least those asteroids that you've downloaded the Swiss Ephemeris format ephemeris files for).

For example, you can configure it to display which asteroids are positioned importantly, e.g. within 1 arcminute of the Sun. For the Ukraine invasion chart above, with Sun at 5Pis27'55", among the first 10000 asteroids only one of them was positioned within one arcminute of the Sun: "9035 1990SH1" at 5Pis28'22".

For the Moon of the invasion chart at 7Sag50'29", none of the first 10000 asteroids were within one minute of it. For the Ascendant at 16Cap55'41", there's two asteroids within an arcminute: "2814 Vieira" at 16Cap55'48", and "9697 Louwman" at 16Cap56'29". For the MC at 20Sco40'27", there's one: "4660 Nereus" at 20Sco41'22".

Of course you can configure the orbs and how many asteroids you consider to be significant. Below is an Astrolog solar system orbit chart showing the first 10000 asteroids at once, which can give a feel for how many there are and how they move:
Hi Walter,

That's really mind blowing! :D

If it's not too much to ask, could you give step-by-step instruction for the benefit of the readers of this forum on how to install the relevant ephemeris files and do the calculations you outlined for a particular chart?

Thanks.

Michael

Visit my blog:
https://michaelsternbach.wordpress.com/