The Next Three Months

Hi all,
I recently received a request for a horary from an online friend of mine who wanted to know what is likely to transpire for her in the next three months. On the face of it this sounds like a rather general question, perhaps more suited to looking at the upcoming transits, progs and directions, but I still think it's a subject that horary can cover, once one knows a little about what is going on in the querent's life.
In this case, my friend is going through the initial stages of divorce, as well as trying to sell the family home. She is also working very hard in her career, making major improvements in the working set-up, for which she is receiving glowing reports from her superiors. However, all of this is taking a great deal out of her mentally, emotionally and physically. She is under a lot of stress and in need, I feel, of a little reassurance, hence the question. I should point out that I'm not charging her for my services, but simply trying to help her out.
Her question to me was "What will happen in the next three months?" and here is the data:

Sept 8th 2005
2.42pm EDT
Parsippany, N.J.
74w25'35" 40n51'28"

ASC: 22 Sag' 49' , MOON: 12 Scor 59'

I'm taking the Asc and it's ruler Jupiter for her, the Moon as her co-ruler, Mercury for the marriage/partner, and the 10th ruler, Venus, for her career.
What struck me first is the fact that Jupiter rules the hour and the day, so the chart seems radical from that point of view. Jupiter is in the 10th, conjunct MC, so accidentally pretty strong.
However the Moon's cosmic state is appalling. In fall in Scorpio and in Via Combusta, this shows her weakened emotional and physical state. It's applying aspects are a square to Neptune in 2nd, sextile Sun in 9th and finally an opposition to Mars in 5th, albeit with reception.

I relayed all this information to her (she understands the symbolism) and told her that she had some challenges ahead of her, mainly in the area of finances and the end of her marriage. (emphasis on the 2nd/8th house axis, as the Moon rules 8th) It seems that her partner has accumulated quite a bit of debt over the years and there is some conflict over exactly how much he is willing to co-operate with her over how this debt should be partitioned. Neptune suggests deception and subterfuge.
The Moon's rulership of the 8th also describes the state of the partner's finances, so it could be said that her applications to Neptune and finally to Mars (ruling 4th of property and in 5th of income from property) indicate deception and conflict over how this is to be shared out.

His ruler Mercury appears at first blush to be in a much better cosmic state essentially, but it is about to enter combustion and immediately opposes Uranus on the 3rd cusp. This tells me that he is about to get into some unforseen and difficult problems. I'm unsure of their nature but my feeling is a conflict with his attorney (Sun co-rules his second house of money and resources).
She however is primarily ruled by Jupiter, as I stated, and Jupiter is about to sextile Pluto on her Ascendant, and I see this as some kind of Big Reward coming up in her career aspirations, with possible financial overtones.

What I'm unclear about is how much the Moon here can be taken as her emotional indicator as opposed to the significator of her partner's financial condition and prospects. It could quite easily be seen as both of these things I suppose, but I was wondering what others may think?
I've relayed as much information to her as I could think of, but if anyone here has any further comments to make on this horary I'd appreciate a little insight :)

I'm going to be unavailable for the next 24 hours or so but I'll check the forum when I get back tomorrow evening.
Thanks all :)

Cheers,
===
Pete

What I'm unclear about is how much the Moon here can be taken as her emotional indicator as opposed to the significator of her partner's financial condition and prospects. It could quite easily be seen as both of these things I suppose, but I was wondering what others may think?
Actually, I've wondered about this as well. If the Moon is the ruler of the house that is of significance for the horary, and it does not represent a person, then does the Moon signify the querent, or does it signify the matters represented by that house?
In several relationship horaries, where the Moon is ruler of the 7th, I have found that the astrologer usually assigns the Moon to the partner, and it is then no longer used to represent the querent.
The Moon also represents the passage of events. In this horary, would it represent the passage of events for the querent, or the events that will transpire related to her partner's resources?
Pete, I thought you'd know the answer to this one - all those years of astrology... :wink: what would your clients say if they found out about this... :)

Hi Pete,

I tend to think that questions of such broad significance are best put to progressions, etc, but having said that I think you?ve judged this very effectively. I?m not sure there?s much I can add except perhaps in terms of reassuring your friend. It?s not surprising that the Moon is unfortunate if she is going through a divorce and a house move at the same time ? both are supposed to be the most stressful experiences we have! But at least the Moon is situated in the 11th house and is applying to the sextile of the Sun; hopefully she will start to feel the benefit of her independence, so that she will have the energy she needs to deal with the fretful house move. I would think that the Moon?s applying opposition to Mars shows that she really doesn?t want that, even if the MR argues it?s in her best interests in the long run.

With regard to the Moon, Lilly tells us it can co-signify the querent or the quesited, or it can be just a general significator in its own right - so I think we need to evaluate its position with regard to general indications as well as particular significations. In terms of the partner?s money, I agree that the square to Neptune warns of deception, but with Saturn in the partner?s 2nd and his significator opposing Uranus and entering combustion, it's questionable whether he has the financial means to offer more help anyway!

Pete, I thought you'd know the answer to this one - all those years of astrology... :wink: what would your clients say if they found out about this... :)
Hey T, gimme a break :D Even someone with my obvious talent has to have the humility to admit that he doesn't always know *everything*. After all, I'm only human - despite insistent reports to the contrary ;)

Pete

Hi Pete,
Hi there Deb,
I tend to think that questions of such broad significance are best put to progressions, etc, but having said that I think you?ve judged this very effectively. I?m not sure there?s much I can add except perhaps in terms of reassuring your friend.

Thanks, it's a tricky one but I felt I had to tackle it as the question is such an earnest one.
But at least the Moon is situated in the 11th house and is applying to the sextile of the Sun; hopefully she will start to feel the benefit of her independence, so that she will have the energy she needs to deal with the fretful house move.
Yes I hope so too. The 11th house at least offers some encouragement from that perspective...
I would think that the Moon?s applying opposition to Mars shows that she really doesn?t want that, even if the MR argues it?s in her best interests in the long run.
She confided in me that she is extremely sad at the prospect of selling the house but unfortunately the dynamics of the divorce agreement make it necessary. Her children grew up there, I believe.
With regard to the Moon, Lilly tells us it can co-signify the querent or the quesited, or it can be just a general significator in its own right - so I think we need to evaluate its position with regard to general indications as well as particular significations. In terms of the partner?s money, I agree that the square to Neptune warns of deception, but with Saturn in the partner?s 2nd and his significator opposing Uranus and entering combustion, it's questionable whether he has the financial means to offer more help anyway!
From what she tells me he doesn't; in fact she has been the one building up financial assets while he has been accumulating more and more personal debt. It's a sensitive issue so I won't elaborate on that but I think the chart says it all rather well.
Thanks for your insight Deb', I do appreciate it. I'll keep the board posted of developments if I get permission to do that, and I'm sure I will.

Cheers...
===
Pete

hi all
I'm not trying to be argumentative but just want to get this right. I'm wondering why Pete didn't use the qurrent's co-ordinate when he did the chart. I sometimes receive questions from my sister by email who lives nine or ten hours ahed of me and I asked a querry a while ago about whether I should use the time and place that she decided to ask the question or to use the time and place that I read the question. Deb kindly answered that hte astrologer's co-ordinate should be used. So I'm wondering if we can be flexible about this or if there are occasions or circumstances we can use the quereent's co-ordinate. I'd be grateful if someone could clear my confusion!

Hi doublegem,

It appears that Pete did use the co-ordinates of the querent, unless he has moved to New Jersey lately or was there for a holiday. There are differing opinions on this matter but the traditional view is to always use the co-ordinates of the astrologer. The only time that may differ is if the querent is an astrologer who has already drawn up their own chart using their own co-ordinates and is asking your opinion on the chart that already exists.

Cheers
Sue

Hi Sue and Doublegem,
usually I will follow the accepted rule when I draw up an horary, which is to use my co-ordinates, but in this case the querent has some horary knowledge and had already drawn up the chart and simply needed help with the interpretation. Accordingly I used her coordinates.
===
Pete