Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

Pregnancy Complications

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tom

Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:16 am    Post subject: Pregnancy Complications Reply with quote

This is a horary I was not crazy about doing. The querent is a woman age 41, married and has one child, a daughter about age 8. She wants to get pregnant and over six months ago asked me if the chart would indicate whether or not she would have problems. I told her I did not want to answer the question and stongly suggested that she go see a physician and ask him or her.

She did and the doctor told her she needed to lose some weight and do other things before she became pregnant. She asked me again and the chart at that time was a clear cut "no." I felt OK about telling her no, but told her to stay in touch with the doctor if she decided to go ahead with it.

Then recently she asked, no begged me to look again and this time, she tells me, that the doctor she had been seeing told her it would be OK if she wanted to. Still I'm uncomfortable with it. Although I've known her for over fifteen years, I haven't actually seen her since just before her little girl was born. We communicate off and on via e-mail and a very occasional phone call.

So here is the question:

Quote:
Will there be any complications with my pregnancy and delivery, should I become pregnant next month?

Here is the data:

Jan 1, 2008
5:04:52 PM EST + 5hrs
Edison, NJ
74 W 24' 45"
39 N 31' 07"

16 Cancer 17 rises.

Querent is the Moon at 28 Libra in the via combusta. Quesited is Mars Rx, Lord 5 in 12 at 29 Gemini 32. This tight trine does not allow any prohibition and the rapidly moving Moon would overcome any refranation. The trine will perfect.

The 5th house holds Scorpio, a fertile sign, but Gemini is a barren sign and Libra is so-so. What bothers me is Mars in 12 and Mercury's opposition to the ASC.

What this tells me is that there might be some difficulty conceiving (note Saturn, husband's significator in Virgo, a barren sign), not too uncommon at her age, and perhaps there will be some physical problems during the pregnancy, would it occur, but nothing extraordinary - unless I'm missing something.

See, I'm a sucker for people who want children. I root for them, and this may cloud my judgment. But the question is less, Will I get pregnant?" than it is: Is it safe for me to get pregnant. That's why Mars in the 12th bothers me. Although the 12th has to do with childbirth (confinement it used to be called) and Mars is a malefic. In fact the more I think about that Mars the less I like it.

I'd like an opinion or three.

Tom

Tara

Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tom,

This chart has two strictures: Moon in via combusta and L.7 retrograde. Given your discomfort (which is telling you something) and the emotionally loaded nature of the question, you might be wiser to decline to judge.

Having said that, my impression is if she gets pregnant there will be complications. Scorpio on cusp of 5th shows easy conception but with subsequent difficulties if other testimonies agree, and they do. L5 is retrograde in 12th and applies to the opposition of Pluto. (I know you're not an outer planet man, but this Pluto is hard to ignore.) Venus in 5th applies to square of Saturn. Jupiter, natural significator of fertility is in detriment, cadent and combust, altogether a troubling picture.

Tara
Tom

Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you both for your replies. If anyone else wants to chime in, feel free.

Tara wrote:

Quote:
This chart has two strictures: Moon in via combusta and L.7 retrograde.

I don't use the word "strictures." This is a wholly modern concept. "Considerations before Judgment" is more accurate. Moon in via combusta tells me the emotional nature of the querent. She is an emotional (excitable) person, and has been about this issue for quite some time. I think via combusta in this case is more troublesome than usual because the Moon is lady of the ASC and not just the secondary significator of the querent.

Lord 7 is retrograde and cadent and in this case needs to be "considered." I didn't pay much attention to it and that was a mistake as my first impression was "go right ahead - look at that trine." This is what I believe the considerations do. They are red flags - not stop signs, and they tell us to be careful which, at first, I was not.

Quote:
L5 is retrograde in 12th and applies to the opposition of Pluto. (I know you're not an outer planet man, but this Pluto is hard to ignore.)

It's also hard to see if you don't have it on the computer screen, and I don't. Leery I dropped the outer planets. But thanks for the heads up.

Steven.

I have her natal chart and it is OK for children, but she has one and there were no complications. Lord 5 is Jupiter (Pisces on the cusp) and Lord 11 (5th of the 7th) is in a fertile sign. Conception is not a problem, but she is 41. The POF is in a fertile sign as well. However Saturn Rx is in the 5th in Pisces, so having one may be the best thing for her. Thanks for all the input.

Tom
balder6163

Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tom,

Been a while since I've been looking at astrological matters like these, but the first that struck me with this chart, was lady of Asc in end of sign. This is said to show a person towards the end of his/her life, or that it is too late dealing with this matter. Beeing 41 is hopefully not being at the end of ones life, but I think a bit late to be planning another childbirth.

To me ruler of Asc in a poor state, ruler of 5th a malefic, Rx and in a malefic house, and the natural significator of children - Jupiter - cadent and in his fall (sorry Tara) says no all over the place.
Tom

Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My New Year's resolution will be to pay more attention to the ruler of the 7th in a horary. I poke to the querent and told her I didn't think a pregnancy is a good idea, ans she begged me to look deeper. So I looked again and realized I missed the obvious. Again the question is:

Quote:
Will there be any complications with my pregnancy and delivery, should I become pregnant next month?

OK querent is the Moon at 28 Libra applying to a trine with Mars the significator of the quesited, i.e. pregnancy. Nice trine so a positive outcome? Well, yes, the answer seems to be: "Yes there will be complications should you become pregnant next month." Put another way, what kind of pregnancy? Well a Mars kind, specifically a Mars Rx in Gemini in the 12th kind.

The chart speaks loud and clear even to the point of noting that the astrologer (moi) will miss some basic things.

Anyone want to take a stab at what will happen, i. e. the end of the matter? The 4th has Virgo on the cusp and Mercury is in mutual reception with Saturn, lord 7, her husband.

Tom
balder6163

Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom wrote:
Again the question is:

Quote:

I think the first part of the question is telling us that she allready has decided to get pregnant, as tells the Moons applying trine to Mars.
Venus - ruler of 11th in 5th - also tells me she has strong hopes and wishes to have another child.
I would say she will conceive.

I consider the second part of the question covered well enough through the answers to your post so far Smile
yuzuru

Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Tom
this is an old thread but I was wondering if you can share what happened ?
did querent get pregnant ?
thanks
Y
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Horary & Electional Astrology All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: