Event/Horary chart: Will I get the Denver PD job

I just now got a call from the Denver, Colorado Public Defender's Office requesting an interview!

I immediately cast a chart asking if I'd get the job, but it's both an event chart of the request for an interview and a horary.

Based on my very unobjective study of this chart, I notice a triple mutual reception with the Sun in Leo, Mercury in Cancer (RX) and the Moon in Virgo. My general sense of things is that mutual receptions are very positive. I also like Jupiter in the first house.

My concern about the chart is that Saturn is in the 10th and the sun is about to conjunct it in 8 degrees. (Interestingly enough, I won't be able to take the bar exam to get licensed until next February and probably won't have the bar results until April, which is about 9 months away... so I'm not sure if that planetary configuration there might be related to that.)

Of course, having the Part of Fortune in 29 Scorpio seems quite unfortunate. Obviously this job will not pay that much, but that's to be expected with these kinds of government jobs.

what do you think?

http://www.astro.com/cgi/showgif.cgi?la ... es=100&va=

My feeling, looking at the chart, is that you will not get this job.

A few months ago, when I was looking for work, I did quite of few of these types of horaries for myself. In traditional astrology, you look to see if there is an aspect between the ruler of the 10th house and the ruler of the 1st in questions about job and profession (or for aspects between planets tenanting these houses). Some modern astrologers look at 1st-6th relationships?in fact, there was a very interesting thread on the 6th vs. the 10th here on this forum. I have found that the 10th is primary, but the sixth house also has a lot to say about about job-related questions. Your signficator, Venus, does not make any applying aspects to the planet ruling the 10th (moon) or the sixth (Jupiter). No aspects mean there are no connections between the significators to be brought to fruition. Also, your significator is in a cadent house. This placement suggests that you are in some type of situation which will hinder achieving the outcome you want. Lastly, Jupiter in the 1st house is applying to a square with Saturn in the 10th. The square aspect generally indicates frustation; it can, on rare occassion, indicate a positive outcome provided the querent exerts a determined effort--but ONLY IF you have other indications supporting a positive outcome, which you do not here.

I would also say that your schooling will play a role in how the issue unfolds. Mercury and the Moon are in mutual reception. Mercury, the natural ruler of tests and exams, rules the 9th house of higher learning. The moon in a horary is action. So the action here will very much be driven by Mercury/9th house concerns. Mutual receptions in my opinion are neither good nor bad, and their presence in a chart doesn?t guarantee a positive outcome. They indicate that the areas ruled by the planets involved have a profound, reciprocal influence on one another. Mercury is also retrograde and about to go direct, suggesting that Mercury-ruled matters need to begin moving forward, that they are at a point which does not permit progress?perhaps a reference to your need to take the Bar.

I read somewhere once that, in horaries about impending romance, about 99% of the time the answer is negative. I have found that the same is true of job horaries. I don?t mean to be discouraging or anything, just realistic. The fact is that most of us apply for many more jobs than we will ever be offered.

Of course you should go on the interview! I didn't mean to imply that you shouldn't. The more interviews, the better--it's great to practice your interviewing skills, and as you said you meet people who may be able to help you.

When I was interviewing, I was always careful to try to pick a good time, if I had any say in the matter (a lot of times I didn't)--meaning no void of course moons, no Mercury Rx, and not on days when the moon's final aspect was a square or opposition. I did have to go on some interviews during a Merc Rx period and it was just terrible.

Job horary

Well, wouldn't you know, the Moon is VOC at the time my interview is scheduled... arrgh... Should I call the employer and ask if they can reschedule later that day? (Just one hour later, the Moon would be in Cancer and Sag rises.)

Voyagergirl

Hmmm. That's a toughie. As I said, a lot of times you don't have any control over the time of the interview. I found that many employers allotted a certain period of time on a certain day, and that was it. You had to come during that time span, or they wouldn't interview you. And if they are interviewing lots of other people, they might not have the flexibility to change their schedule much.

If you feel comfortable asking, and think can you give them a legitimate reason, it can't hurt to try (obviously, you can't say you want to change the time because of a VOC moon!).

Even if you end up going at the VOC time, make sure you study the chart anyway. You'll learn a lot. I always spent time looking at the interview charts, no matter how lousy they were. It can be quite interesting to see the astrology in action.

Job Horary

Yes, my heart sank when I saw the VOC moon placement for the interview date. But I have found that many times, when an event is planned for a VOC moon period, it doesn't happen; or at least not at that time, so maybe the employer will reset the time.

I hope so! But you're right, in any case, it should be quite instructive!

How this job horary turned out

I asked about getting a job with the Denver public defender office. I also mentioned that the moon was VOC at the time chosen for my job interview!

As it turned out, I was offered a job with the public defenders: but in another city! Also, the head of the public defender office, who interviewed me, had announced that he'd be retiring just a few months after I was interviewed. (So maybe that explains the VOC moon?)

I was offered the job in Oct. of 2006 but postponed beginning work there until I was sure I'd passed the bar exam, which occurred in Feb. of 2007.

I began working with the public defenders in June of 2007.

And yes, I am currently working with the public defenders, but not in Denver and there have been some very unusual circumstances concerning my employment with this entity.