Which house

Peter, the planet ruling the sign on the first house cusp signifies you. So, for example, if Aries is rising, look at the planet Mars and whether or not it's well placed, dignified, etc.

Then look at the house that would represent winning a marathon. (I'm not sure which house that would be: the 5th for games and contests, or the 9th, representing a long journey?) Then, look for applying aspects between the planet signifiying YOU and the planet signifying the marathon or winning the marathon. If those aspects are trines, sextiles or conjunctions, that generally means a favorable outcome. If there are no applying aspects between you and the significator of the marathon, then see if the Moon translates the light between the two planets. A positive translation of the light may save the day, so might a mutual reception.

I'm sure there are some very knowlegeable astrologers here who can better answer your question, but hopefully, I've given you a starting point.

Good luck!

Well, I think Deb will eventually erase this posting, so I will reply before she does it :-), I don?t know if I got your question, but the cusp of the first house is called the ascendent, it is the degree of the zodiac which is rising in a given moment. The greek called it horoskopus, which now is a piece of trash in the major newspapers around the globe :P

If you are really interested in horary, there is a lot of material in this site, very interesting, but you have to be more strict with your questions... you don?t need to know if you will win a marathon, is more interesting just to wait and see...

Question made without need will return meaningless answers
Y