The Life & Work of Vettius Valens
by Deborah Houlding
Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

I was rejected from an important internship

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wisdom Joy

Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:29 pm    Post subject: I was rejected from an important internship Reply with quote

Hi all;

I'm pretty bummed out as I applied for a Journalism fellowship that required no experience and I was declined. Where I am from, it's really hard to get formal training and so this was the perfect opportunity, unfortunately I wasn't selected. I'm going to be honest, I sobbed and I'll have to find another way into investigative journalism.

I know that horary is mostly yes/no questions, but I posed the question why didn't I get selected. I also cast an event chart for the time that the declined email was received and the location it was sent from.

My analysis is as follows, am I missing anything:

The first chart is the horary and the second is the event chart.

Horary:
(-):
- Jupiter, in retrograde and detriment, I didn't have a strong position in the first place. This makes sense as it's been a rough year.
- My application, moon, just entered Capricorn and so it's in detriment.
- My Journal is mercury, is sitting in the 9th house of higher thinking, and domiciled, so the Journal is incredibly strong.
I'm a bit confused as to why my next aspect is to Mercury and the Moons next aspect is to the Sun.

For the second chart, with the decline communication, it shows a different story.

- Jupiter is the magazine, and retrograde, so not strong and not comfortable in Cap, but in the first house, so ultimately that's what the magazine cares about.
- The correspondence is represented by the moon which is weak also.
- I am represented by the 6th house of employees, and Mercury, which is strong and domiciled in the 9th house of high thinking but I'm aspecting the 8th house of loss showing that I still missed out on the opportunity.

Given the sun and moon aspect, as well as the Jupiter and mercury aspect. I may have a chance to work with them again in the future.

Thanks all,
WJ
Tanit3333

Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Retrograde planets generally show contradictions and bad outcomes in horary, according to Lilly. They are not an indication of an aspect that can be trusted.

My two cents is that your sig in fall and retrograde shows you lack the background they are looking for and maybe your app shows lack of intention to work in that field. A retrograde planet can seem uncertain and go back and forth on something. Maybe they thought they would waste time on you and you would move on to something else. Additionally, the T square involving Venus and Mars makes me wonder about this. Ultimately, people chose to reject you, not the job itself and it could be that Venus in the 7th represents those sending the email and deciding you were not the right fit. Mars in the 4th might also describe the end of the matter. Malefics angular and not a significator also tend to show negative energies around a horary. Mars is the strongest planet in the chart. Venus is giving the light of Jupiter to Mars via a T square and it lords the 10th and is lorded by Mercury. I wouldn't really call that a fantastic thing to see in a chart, especially when both the Moon and primary sign are debilitated. I agree that Moon-Sun trines are usually positive, especially when the Moon is increasing in light and it shows a good opportunity though. I am sorry it didn't work out. Keep in mind too that the Sun is an 8th house influence, which might suggest a loss of a good opportunity. The SN is also on the Asc, which a negative influence. The Moon conjunct the nodes is a negative too according to Bonatti.

I hope another or better opportunity opens up for you.
Wisdom Joy

Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tanit, I appreciate your insight. I'm learning more and more about retrograde planets. It's interesting because the majority of charts I've seen lately have an a retrograde primary signifier.

I'm still waiting for the rejection on my other chart, but once I have a confirmation I'll make sure to update.

It's an interesting time in astrology.
Tanit3333

Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree it is an interesting time and more competitive than usual for career moves. In a way, the board of directors horary is more positive. Mars is strong in the 1st in that chart and as a primary sig Mars can be very good at getting what it wants. It suggests the role could be won with a lot of effort. I am not convinced it will be won due to retro Saturn but there is still a chance.
cosmicdolphn1

Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tanit

When you say that retro planet having a negative effect (no argument there). does this rule still apply to mutual application?

Thanks
CD
Tanit3333

Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't say it is always negative. It should at least be descriptive. Someone returning to something makes sense and isn't negative. In cases where the retro movement does not describe coming back to something then I am more skeptical of it being straight forward. Like I said, it shows contradiction. However, a contradiction is not always so negative as Lilly might claim. For example, you may assume something will not happen and have no hopes for it and be told as such only to find a reversal, where the thing does occur. I think it just depends. The main idea though is that they are harder to predict what will happen due to their contradictory nature. I am inclined to view them as someone or something changing their mind, which can be good or bad. It depends on the subject though. Real estate can show a good thing - decrease in costs. Health matters can be very negative if the significator for health is retro, showing someone decreasing in health whereas a disease retro might suggest the disease is debilitated. In cases where you are fighting with someone I could also see it as the party retro conceding. It just depends.
Wisdom Joy

Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for this, Tanit. In my personal experience I feel like retrograde can also mean the party is incredibly weak to bring about the desired outcome. I’ve seen that quite often. I see retrograde also as stripping away any dignity.
Tanit3333

Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is an accidental debility, so yes, it does weaken a planet by Lilly's point scheme (-5, which is as bad as combustion and even worse than being besieged).
Wisdom Joy

Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which has more emphasis? horary or event chart? Also, do I read the event chart the way I read the horary? Minus the dignities?
Ouranos

Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
If I may add some comments to your interesting post.
Retrograde planets never give the full benefit of that planet, not that it is weak but it holds back something. You expect a full refund, you get half of it.
And worth noting also is if the Retrograde planet is making an aspect to its Ruler because the Ruler represents the final decision.
- Conjunction, Sextile or Trine. You are not being taken advantage of.
- Square or Opposition. The matter ends up in a quarrel or separation.

And regarding Mutual receptions, when both planets are Retrograde, both parties agree not to make it work. Even worse when the planets are Stationary Retrograde.
Back in 1993, I witnessed how strong a Saturn SR can be, as it turned R the day our local hockey team won the Stanley Cup playoff, followed by a riot in the streets. The authorities and the police were totally taken by surprise with no emergency plan. They were literally 'stalled' and Saturn was of no help as if they had been written off the scenario.

About the current Mars Aries square Saturn Capricorn
As we all witness, this is the struggle between Individual Freedom (Mars) vs Collective Regulations (Saturn).
Both parties will meet at the end of September with Mars R and Saturn D
MarsR will cry out forcefully his right for freedom and Saturn D this time will agree to slowly compromise (Direct but slow) and don't forget that Mars is Exalted in Capricorn, so Saturn welcomes and admires the drive of Mars but Saturn is in Fall in Aries so Mars doesn't like the law and order. He prefers to make its own law.
By their mutual rulerships, both planets are looking for stability and permanence... but it may be the next time around.

Cheers!
Ouranos
Tanit3333

Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Which has more emphasis? horary or event chart? Also, do I read the event chart the way I read the horary? Minus the dignities?

An event chart is looked at in combo with the natal chart to see if a venture is favorable or not. A horary is a question made by a querent to an astrologer. They are different methods and not something you can compare. No, you do not read them like a horary. In general, you try to fortify the subject matter and the Moon but overall you are also comparing it to the natal chart and seeing if it is bringing something good in energies for the querent or something more difficult.

Event charts are often chosen for when to start something as most auspicious. I think they are helpful if you can choose an interview time and that is when I use them most for interviews. In job queries I feel like it seems arbitrary to just look at the venture for the interview and not what is going on in natal. It may show a difficult energy time for a querent but what if their application was sent at a good time and it helped override that or what if other good transits or profections are going on? It is only one thing to look at. I don't really pay that much attention to them other than hoping malefics are not on angles, the Moon and ascendant are not afflicted, or general negative things afflicting my own chart. I prefer that benefics are rising or lording the ascendant too just because those times are generally easier, or at least a good fixed star is rising.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Horary & Electional Astrology All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: