where is the missing file?

I am currently working in the law office of a very close friend.

Today, the secretary pointed out that a file was missing. I cast a chart and here's what I've come up with.

Libra rises at 19 degrees, with Jupiter about to conjunct the ascendent.

Mercury, the natural ruler of papers and documents, is at 8 degrees Leo, past a conjunction to Saturn in the 10th house. The Sun at 23 Leo is also in the tenth house.

The Moon at 10 degrees 47 minutes Capricorn is in the third house, but Mars, ruler of the second, is in the 7th house at 10 degrees Taurus.

My interpretation is as follows:

FOR RECOVERY

The file is here and should be recovered, because the Moon in Capricorn aspects the ascendent in Libra. The Moon also aspects a Fortunate: Jupiter in Libra.

The second ruler, Mars, is angular in the 7th house.

AGAINST RECOVERY

The Moon is "under the earth" in the third house, far from its natural significator, Mercury in the 10th, and from the second house ruler, Mars, in the 7th.

But the second house ruler is in the 7th, indicating someone else took the file.

The Moon in Capricorn is disposed by an "unfortunate" -- Saturn.

WHERE IS IT?

Using Mercury as the natural ruler of the file, the rules indicate it's near a source of heat, or fire, or near a wall, because Mercury is in Leo.

But Jupiter, ruler of the third, in Libra, indicates it's near a window or on high ground. (There are big picture windows in this office facing south-east.)

Lilly's rules say if the Moon is near the IC, the direction is North.

If the significator of the property is in a fixed sign, and it is, Lilly tells us that it's well hidden or on level ground.

He also says if the second house ruler is in the 7th, it's the property of a partner. (Well, it is my attorney-friend's file!)

JUDGMENT:

The file is here, near a window, perhaps by the portable space heater, which is in front of the window. It's near the ground, hidden from view. Maybe someone else put it there. (Like the attorney herself!)

So why can't I find it?

[/url]

I found it!

The file turned up, as the chart indicated, in front of the window by a source of heat.

However, the chart also seemed to say that someone had taken the file: and indeed, someone had: the attorney took it with her on a five-week vacation to the middle east!

So, what seemed to be a contradictory reading turned out to be accurate.

The missing file

The ruler of the ninth is Mercury and it's placed in the 10th house between Saturn and the Sun. So maybe that's the connection: the attorney took the file out of the country -- the ninth house -- (way out!) to work on it -- the 10th house.

Oddly enough, in early June, this same woman lost a valuable gold piece of jewelry. I cast a chart and from the looks of it, it appeared it would be found in a place she usually frequented: i.e., in her bedroom.

But there was another connection with Mercury (her ruler and the ruler of her second! Somehow I felt travel was involved with this question, but when I asked her if she had perhaps packed this item and left it in a suitcase, she was adamant that she hadn't. But having faith in my prediction that it would be found, she didn't seem too worried.

About a month later, as it turned out, the very morning she was packing to leave for the 5 week middle east trip, she found the missing jewelry! (It was buried in her dresser drawer, in her bedroom.)