Which house is the significator of Books?

The question will be; Can I sell my books and get some money? I hav?nt asked it yet because I really don?t know which houses that would be valid.

Or maybe I just asked it! :-)

As a first tought it would be 1 and 2. Me and my personal belongings and my income. But what about 3 and 9 since the question is about books? Or maybe even 5 since the books is just pleasure-ones?

Please don?t regard this as a minor question. I do really need the money extremly badly. Not for myself, but for other people sakes.

I had first thought about either the 3rd or 9th too. But, since this is Deb's website I decided to look it up in her book.

She places books under the 9th house as follows,
Books, learning, wisdom scholarship, universities and all forms of higher education.
While she puts writing and communication in general under the 3rd house.
Letters, rumours, reports, messages and messengers. Commmunications generally. Newspapers, magazines, telephones, postal service. Written deeds and contracts. Speaches and debates.
Do you see the difference? The 9th is about things that widen our experinece, while the 3rd is about more day-to-day communication.

Since you are selling them though, you'd also want to look a the 7th, the prospective buyer(s), the 2nd, your finances and property and probably the 8th as the buyer's money.

Can anyone answer this for me? If higher eduication is under the 9th house, would primary education be under the 3rd house? I would think so, in part because the Moon has its joy in the 3rd house, and primary education is as much about nurturing as anything else. I thought about this as I drove past an elementary school yesterday.
Mark F

If higher eduication is under the 9th house, would primary education be under the 3rd house?
I think this is the generally accepted difference between 3rd and 9th for learning, (as with Mark's previous example of travel).

However in this case I would be making the distinction between form and function. If you are selling your car it is a possession and therefore 2nd, the same with books. You aren't looking at them as a form of study or learning, but in their form as possession.

However Mark gives a good tip about looking at the 7th as prospective buyer - I think you would want an applying aspect between 2nd and 7th - someone buying your books. This would be the main consideration I think. Secondly the 8th to the 2nd should tell if the buyer will pay a good price, their money becoming your income.

The 4th is generally taken as the seller for real estate when you are selling your home (4th), why this should be different from every other possession I don't know, but there you are - but in this case aspects between 2nd and 4th, or 4th and 7th, should show the end of the matter I would think. Aspects between 8th and 1st should show the buyer's money coming to you.

I would agree that this is a 2nd house question. The books are being seen as a moveable asset and are therefore a possession ruled by the 2nd house. In this case, it would be important to make sure the 2nd house and its ruler are strong with positive aspects, indicating a good price, while taking into consideration the condition of the 8th house, which you would want to be less strong.

Anna

Oops! Sorry, I think I was still half asleep while writing this early this morning :?
The 4th is generally taken as the seller for real estate when you are selling your home (4th), why this should be different from every other possession I don't know, but there you are...
This is misleading - the Lord 1 is you (as seller or buyer) and Lord 7 is the other party (as seller or buyer) in any transaction of this kind. A possession, whether books, car or house, would be shown by the 2nd house and the end of the matter by the 4th house.

In addition, I wouldn't take the time you posted to the forum as the time of the question as you haven't really got it clear in your mind yet how you will judge it.

Sue seems to have read the question as an election - which is another option of course - :) Do let us know when you have chart data and judgement so we can have a look.

I read it as a horary and the same deal applies. If you ask a horary question such as 'Should I sell my books and will I get a good price?' and the 2nd house and its ruler are weak and the 8th is strong you will not get a good price and it is perhaps not the best time to sell. If, however, the 2nd house and its ruler are strong then this is a positive answer.
A possession, whether books, car or house, would be shown by the 2nd house and the end of the matter by the 4th house.
The 2nd house rules moveable possessions. A house is seldom moveable. If you are asking a question about selling a house, the 4th house ruler is the significator of the house you are trying to sell. This goes for any real estate.

I read it as a horary and the same deal applies.

Sorry Sue, half asleep now as well! :D
If you ask a horary question such as 'Should I sell my books and will I get a good price?' and the 2nd house and its ruler are weak and the 8th is strong you will not get a good price and it is perhaps not the best time to sell.
Of course - thank you. We are, after all, asking if this is a good time.
The 2nd house rules moveable possessions. A house is seldom moveable.
I'll just go back to sleep shall I? :lol:

Hi all and thanks for your thoughts! Here is the chart if anyone is interested:

August 14, 2005. 5.30 pm in Norrt?lje, Sweden. Regio.

I am not so happy with it, I must say!

Asc ruler is Jupiter in 9th. Second house ruler is Saturn :-( in 8th. 7th house is Mercury Rx also in 8th. 8th house ruler is Moon in 12th. None of them seemes strong to me.

The moon however makes a separating sextile to Mercury and an applying sextile to Jupiter.

I would want to read this as that the byers money is leaving him and comming to me. :-) The twelfth house could be explained by it beeing sort of a secret deal, as I do not want the person that I which to help to know about it. Could make him (my son is it) feel uneasy.

Well, I will know the answer by this time tomorrow! And I will take the liberty to forward it to you all.

Wow! Thanks Anna. This is the first time many of us will have seen what a horary looks like drawn at those latitudes. No time to look now but I can't see that L2 (books) going to L7 (buyer) in the 8th (buyer's money) can be all bad. The Rx can indicate a wait (eg second buyer, not first) but the symbolism is all there! The Moon Jupiter sextile is just what you want - take a look at the dignities!

Hi Anna

As I read it, you are Jupiter and in the 9th in Venus? sign and Saturn?s exhaltation, triplicity and face and Jupiter's own face. Your altruistic (9) gesture as a mother (Venus) selling your books (Saturn). About to conjunct the S-Node shows you letting go of the past (books). At the same time it will trine Neptune in the 2nd house which is also your income/values, this reinforces either the altruism/deception regarding the sale, however you wish to view it.

The Moon represents the buyer?s money (8th) ? in the Jupiter's sign, the Sun's triplicity and Saturn?s term and face ? a man's money likes you and your books? The buyer?s money is approaching a sextile to you in 4 somethings. It will also conjunct the Asc in 7 somethings.

The buyer is the ruler of the 7th, Mercury Rx in the 8th (buyer?s money) and is approaching a conjunction with Saturn but is/has turned direct before perfection. I do not think the first ?looker? will buy.

It is hard to ignore the Asc about to conjunct Pluto. The Sun trines Pluto which is in Jupiter?s (your) sign, and Saturn?s (books) term and face but Mercury?s (buyer?s) detriment. Another possible testimony to Mercury (7th) not buying the books.

The end of the matter shows Mars disposited by Venus (you as mother, it also rules the 5th, your son). Mars (another man?) is exhalted by the Moon and is in Mercury?s term and face. I think this is a second buyer. Note Fortuna (your ?treasure?) in the 3rd house of communication is disposited by Mars. Mars is square the stationing (dithering?) Mercury in the 8th but has a 30? sextile with Uranus in the 2nd of income. Uranus is in Jupiter?s (your) sign and term, Saturn?s (books) face, and Mercury?s (1st buyer?) detriment and fall. Mars whoever it is, gets the books over Mercury.

I think you will sell the books to a second person who expresses interest. Timing? Four to seven days from setting the chart (between Wednesday and Saturday) ? the Moon is in a mutable sign/cadent house, meaning pretty quick and given that Pluto and Uranus are saying (via dignities) they are involved, sort of underlines it as quick (for me at least).

Well, for what it?s worth this is the way the chart unfolded for me, but I may be having a fantasy of my own here! :lol: I would be interested in other opinions before you post the answer, but good luck!

Oops, nearly forgot. Since there has been quite a bit of interest in fixed stars lately I looked up the main players that apply here. Mercury is 11' conjunct S Ascelli = blindness and shipwreck (1st buyer dithers and loses?). Venus is 23' conjunct Labrum = honours, riches, ambition, dishonest income (selling the books without telling your son isn't dishonest but you get the picture). The Moon is 44' conjunct Rastaban = impulsive, honourable, influential, good for astrology and finances. Uranus is 34' conjunct Skat = good fortune, honours, influential friends.

And here is the outcome:

I sold the books at noon today. The byer was a man, but he only bought half of them so I did not get as much money as I hoped for. I guess that is to be expected when Saturn is the ruler of the second house :-)

But I did get enough to help my son. So I am very happy right now.

And I have learned som good astrology in the process.

What a day!

Sungem, your interpretion was very, very interesting to read. Fitted very nicely with the outcome I would say! :-)