Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

Best Time to Purchase Property
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Nativities & General Astrology
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tanit3333

Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:20 am    Post subject: Best Time to Purchase Property Reply with quote

I don't have a ton of experience with financial planning and am curious if others have general natal aphorisms they follow for the best time to purchase property or other major items (investing in something that will hopefully give more than it takes away and provides stability). I am planning to buy a home by the end of the year and am thinking of deciding on the best time to buy based on my chart and using election/horary. Election and horary is more straight forward to me than natal analysis (horary says 9 weeks is good).

Obviously I know about aphorisms concerning wealth and elections for financial gain:
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/wealthelect.html

https://www.skyscript.co.uk/wealthaphorisms.html

Or any books or resources you recommend on the subject matter is welcome.

Cheers!
delaforge

Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:07 pm    Post subject: Best Time to Buy a House Reply with quote

These are my horary notes. They do not originate with me. Unfortunately, I omitted to record where I got them from.

A common question is “when to buy the house”. These rules are laid down in an intelligent & clear manner so the election chart can be set up in an orderly, methodical way:
1. The Ascendant, its ruler and the planet that the Moon has just separated from represent the buyer. A fixed sign should be on the Ascendant. [When the issue is ‘buying a house’, the querent is the buyer – obviously.]
2. The 7th house, its ruler and the first planet the Moon applies to represent the seller. The ruler of the 7th should apply to, or be in reception with, the ruler of the Ascendant. If there are Malefic or weak planets in the 7th this can cause deceit and malice from 7th house matters or people (laborers on the land, renters, etc.).
3. The 4th house represents the land or house to be purchased, this includes the ruler of the 4th, planets in the 4th and the Moon itself. Make sure to strengthen the 4th house, its ruler and the planets in the 4th house. Have Taurus, Leo or Aquarius on the cusp of the 4th house, with its ruler free of combustion and oriental. Venus or Jupiter should be powerful in the Ascendant and 4th, while the luminaries should be Sextile or Trine the Ascendant and 4th, or with (i.e., in) the Ascendant if possible. If the ruler of the 4th is in a Water sign make sure it is not aspected by Saturn which will compound the problem of coldness and wetness for the house or property. Venus or Jupiter or dignified planets here (in the 4th) will give fertile land. Planets of a fiery nature should not be in the 4th house, or ruling that house, unless heavily aspected by Venus or Jupiter.
4. The 10th represents the price and the condition of the property, this is represented by the ruler of the 10th and the planets in it. Benefics and dignified planets here show excellent timber and fruitful trees.
5. If possible the Moon should be in Cancer or Taurus in a good house in good aspect to the ascendant degree and in good aspect to the rulers of the 4th and 2nd houses. Make sure that the ruler of the 10th is not weak or afflicted with bad aspects.
6. Strengthen the Part of Fortune and its dispositor, the Moon and its dispositor. One needs to make sure that none are afflicted and that none have aspects to Mars or Saturn; also that none are retrograde, or in their Detriment or Fall. Aspects between any of these (i.e., the Part of Fortune and its dispositor, the Moon and its dispositor) and Mars can cause the loss of the property.
7. The rulers of the Angles should not be retrograde and no retrograde Planets should be in the Angles or the 9th and 11th houses.
8. Mars and Saturn or weak planets in Angles cause trouble.
As you can see from the above list, this gives you a very good foundation for setting up your election chart for buying land or a house. It takes a while to work through this list, and of course you cannot have everything in one chart. The object is to find as many of the conditions possible for your chart to make things advantageous to you.

Melissa
Tanit3333

Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Melissa - thanks for your post but I already have knowledge of horary and was hoping to understand some general rules when looking at the natal chart for best times to purchase, using predictive natal techniques. That is still useful to post for people who search this topic, though.

I have seen a lot of Joytish methods online that talk about when someone will purchase but my question is more so when is the best time using the natal chart. For example, having a 4th house profection year can be good but I wonder how great that is when the planet is natally afflicted and it might just point to when again rather than the best time.

I heard from modern astrologers before that they think transit Jupiter in the 4th or with the Moon is good and I have transit Jupiter conjunct the Moon currently as well. They think the Moon and 4th house lord are the subject and that Jupiter brings increase.

Using horary and election primarily, I am thinking maybe around Oct 3, since the Moon is increasing in light, with two benefics and conjunct a strong and direct Jupiter (which is with my natal asc lord Moon). Using natal more seems like a good idea.
james_m

Posted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi tanit,

i think using transit and solar arc direction data is what i mostly do with natal astrology... i suppose one can use other tools and of course each one of us might be better at using some of these tools then someone else as well!

i think jupiter and saturn are the important planets to watch - making connections to the moon, or 2nd / 4th house rulers in the case of buying a home.. it will all depend on details in the natal chart..

you're right about indian astrology having a lot more info on this.. it is one of the many reasons for my fascination with indian astrology at this time..

you know enough about how planets connect with one another to form some type of viewpoint on this, but perhaps getting a conciliation with some astrologer who you trust would help raise your confidence on the timing of all this.. unlike electional astrology, natal astrology is about what you have to work with in the natal chart and what some of the astrology might look like via the natal chart using the various predictive tools astrologers use for this.. hopefully all this is a small bit of insight into your question...
Tanit3333

Posted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi James -

Quote:
I think jupiter and saturn are the important planets to watch - making connections to the moon, or 2nd / 4th

When you mention Saturn, do you mean representing making a long lasting purchase and/or to watch for constraints? I mainly associate Saturn with the Moon, 2nd and 4th as a difficult influence that shows obstacles but maybe that depends on the person's chart. Saturn can show gain with land and houses if already indicated in a chart, perhaps? Normally when I think of Saturn transiting my Moon (or links via profections, progressions, etc.) I think of very difficult times of my life that could force a move to leave a bad situation (and did during my last transit 2 years ago) rather than a move that is easy and beneficial, but that is because I have natal Moon square Saturn. I think Saturn can often indicate times to make choices and depending on the choice, if made for the right reasons and well planned, you can see a gain. A trine or sextile isn't bad too and I bet for people with a more beneficial Saturn in their chart it might not be too bad with conjunctions. It does also lord my PoF in the 8th, which can be important for financial indicators too. People who have Jupiter or Venus lording their PoF might see gain easier in general than for someone like me.

When it comes to making money rather than losing it, I often also think of Jupiter-Pluto links being significant. It is very common in the charts of wealthy people. However, I often wonder at how they achieve that money and if it is due to ways that harm others or not.

If anyone has Joytish rules they wish to share, feel free. The few I found related to when someone would purchase rather than the best time to purchase, though.
james_m

Posted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi tanit,

yes to much of what you say about saturn - making a foundation - buying a home sounds like a saturn thing to me, but it will depend on the set up in the natal chart.. saturn - moon connections are definitely challenging - especially the hard aspects, so i wasn't thinking of that as favourable per say..

i am mostly going on memory and what my gut tells me... i don't know how it will work out for you specifically, but i think the transit of jupiter to your moon is a positive with regard to a move into a new home... i think solar arc direction to the lower square of ascendant and putting down longer term roots also makes sense here.. saturn is a 2nd or 3rd house planet in your chart, depending on zodiac and house systems..

jupiter-pluto and wealth makes sense to me.. i have seen this personally..i have the 2 planets in conjunction and they are usually activated by midpoint when i come into money and success...

north node on your ascendant looks like a positive to me in regard all this... this means the eclipse cycles are hitting your chart in a particular way too.. again - not sure what it means to you personally and this is going into stuff you can probably work out on your own!
alex62

Posted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tanit,

It always depends on how the person experiences what they want.
If you see it as an investment, it can be a 5 th house. If you see it as creating your own home, then it's 4 th house. If a husband or someone else from the family is involved, then the eighth house is considered as well as in case of taking a significant loan ...

So you have to know who is the main driver behind an initiative. Also, if it is a family, it is necessary to look at the horoscopes of the entire family involved in moving. What is the main motive. When there were previous moves, to compare with the present period, and finally of course the natal chart, of all involved in the story ...
Tanit3333

Posted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Alex62 - those are good points, especially 5th as it is 2nd from the 4th (gain from property). That would probably be especially important if you are thinking of renting a property or selling it for profit down the road or after fixing a home up.
WooWoo

Posted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is just about to be a Catastrophic Geopolitical Meltdown so I've wait till around late Feb.

You might just get a Bargain. However, you might have problems getting Financing then.

Have you got a Chart I can look at and I'll see if I can back that up with personalised Astro.

I tend to work down from the Big Cogs. But they should appear in your Chart too.

Uranus just turning Retro ? Jupiter dropping into Capricorn too. Saturn conjunct Pluto.

Serious Eclipse action on Boxing Day ?

H
Tanit3333

Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi WooWoo - What is the specific astrological configuration that you think shows this collapse and why is it going to be better so quickly in February? Mundane astrology is worth mentioning for general aphorisms on purchasing because we are often all impacted on some level, unless we are lucky.

I am already seeing some changes in my area in housing sales going down, and will see how things go over the next few months. One major change is lack of foreign buyers, who are making sales start to plummet, so I do agree there is a bit of a shift and I am already aware of it and that is partly why I am looking now.

Housing is tricky because it depends too on the area of the country you are buying and in some areas the prices never really change that much whereas in others they just keep climbing or they go down dramatically. In my area, houses are historically very high in general, even in a recession. I am planning to move to a nearby area that is developing and will have a new transportation system in 5 years that will make commuting easier and will drive up the housing value like in my current city.

My guess is that at most I would deal with less competition and would probably end up with a harder time getting a loan if the economy tanks. With foreign investment in my area going down already it has made it easier to buy a house because you are not bidding against rich cash buyers. As far as interest rates, I doubt they are going to get much better anytime soon and I am tired of wasting my money on rent. I guess I could buy at a higher interest rate and refinance later, though. Unfortunately, I tend to over analyze everything to death but I see a lot of positives for myself astrologically.
WooWoo

Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interests Rates may well drop thru the Floor in the next 5 months. But so might Liquidity.

Because ?

Well I'd like to be able to relate this All to a Chart but basically.

1/ The Outer Planets from Jupiter outwards have been in a stable Holding Pattern, that is NOT Disharmonious.

But that Holding Pattern is beginning to weaken.

2/ Jupiter has been in Over Confident Sagittarius. NOT much longer.

3/ We then have the usual Astrological Autumnal Disharmony to come.

And this looks pretty -VE this year. Ducks are aligned.

4/ Uranus has just turned retro. It usually NEVER fails to cause an Economic Backsliding.

We are probable due for more QE and Rate Cuts, followed by Panic.

H
Tanit3333

Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this is true then hopefully a recession would present itself before the end of the year anyway and I would already know before I would be more intent to buy. I think even by Oct, when I was hoping to buy, we would probably know if things are looking bad.
WooWoo

Posted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tan,

I think you commented on this somewhere. In Horary how would your Judge Saturn being afflicted by Pluto in a conjunction ?

What sort of thought process would you go thru ?

I doubt you could just ignore that.

H
Yuriy

Posted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tanit3333 wrote:
If this is true then hopefully a recession would present itself before the end of the year anyway and I would already know before I would be more intent to buy. I think even by Oct, when I was hoping to buy, we would probably know if things are looking bad.

I heard the real recession might happen in 2021(for the USA). For now it's just anti-Trump political campaign. Most of pro-democratic media in the US want recession to be already in place, just to inflict Trump even if their family suffer due to such "wishful thinking".
Tanit3333

Posted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard that as well, Yuriy (2021-2022). You don't have to be an economist to know a recession will eventually come but there is not a very reliable method to predict one. We will see what happens. A recession would not be bad for my income because I work in medicine, other than my stocks taking a hit. Housing would probably be cheaper though.

WooWoo -Saturn with Pluto in a horary wouldn't really mean much unless it was a significator, aspecting one, or angular. In the horary I asked, the price of houses (10th house and lord) in my area were fixed and not retrograde, which shows a lack of price change. I didn't ask about the US, though, just where I am looking. Saturn was me in the chart and cadent and not aspecting any significators, so not likely very relevant for housing prices but shows my cautious and reluctant nature to buy. In fact, being retro could show I ultimately decide not to. My ascendant was early though, but that is because I am not super intent to buy, I am just looking.

If you want to predict the housing market of the US, that would be an easy horary question to ask and probably more reliable than looking at the outer planets for mundane predictions. I don't ask questions that are not significant to me personally though because they are less likely to be rooted charts. If Saturn retro conjunct Pluto lorded the 10th house of prices, then I would say expensive (Saturn in Cap - a dignified planet showing a high cost) housing prices were about to take a hit (retro - reversal and Pluto adding to constraints) for sure. That didn't show up in my question where there is a tech hub and the economy is booming and we are running out of space, but might be relevant to other areas of the country.

If I get closer to buying and have an outcome, I will share relevant charts in case it helps people.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Nativities & General Astrology All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: