question to the stars about if something had occurred

once in a blue moon I get a question of did xyz happen, past tense.
While they are not testing the astrologer or anything like that. They are generally concern about something.

How do i read such questions?

I know to look at past aspects of moon, but how many past aspects is too much? Is one enough?

Also I assume I would look to see if there is a recent past aspect between the two planets signifying the two part of the question?

Is there anything else I should consider or think of?
In addition...do I take into consideration of the planets present condition or only what condition it was in in the past?

Does anyone have any case studies for this that I can look over and study?

Thank you for reading my post.
Let the cookie crumble how it will crumble.

There has been at least one other thread on this:

http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3938

You are basically going to just hear opinions. I cannot recall offhand any specific aphorisms from any horary authors on the matter of questions of past events, but I personally ask questions of the past as much as future ones and I often receive questions that include questions about the past. For example, someone asked me if their husband previously loved them and did the husband's feelings change (or did they never love them and use them to get a Visa). They had discovered that their husband had become cold to them and wanted a divorce soon after becoming legalized. What I tend to look at are past aspects of the matter asked about and the Moon. In their case, the husband was Saturn and did not show anything different than the current situation.

Often the planet will have recently changed to a new sign and I personally take the previous sign as an indication of the nature of the previous situation.

My first horary I ever asked to an astrologer had both a future and past question to it and the quesited had both a separating and future aspect, one with my ascendant lord and one with the Moon. The astrologer interpreted the previous aspect as the past question and the applying as the future.

I recently asked a question about my dog walker because I had a medication that turned up missing. The question was of the past because the meds were already gone and I wanted to know what happened. Saturn was in the 1st showing I was misjudging her and she was dignified and fixed in the 4th house and the NN was in her house showing her not being guilty. I am guessing I must have tossed them by accident, especially since Lilly says Saturn represents losing something by carelessness. So it may not necessarily be past aspects but just a general analysis of what the chart says of the matter. Her planet was the Moon in Taurus and separated from a trine from my sig Venus, so it did have a past aspect though.

I can share the dog walker one if you want but don't really have a way to prove anything. I moved locations and had no issues with her over the weeks that I used her and my dog and cat loved her. I also have a work related one over a serious issue that I do have an outcome for but it is a touchy subject to talk about over the internet. It does have separating aspects that explain the situation well. I could send it by PM if you are interested in that one but can't go into great detail about it.

Tanit3333 wrote:There has been at least one other thread on this:

http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3938

You are basically going to just hear opinions. I cannot recall offhand any specific aphorisms from any horary authors on the matter of questions of past events, but I personally ask questions of the past as much as future ones and I often receive questions that include questions about the past. For example, someone asked me if their husband previously loved them and did the husband's feelings change (or did they never love them and use them to get a Visa). They had discovered that their husband had become cold to them and wanted a divorce soon after becoming legalized. What I tend to look at are past aspects of the matter asked about and the Moon. In their case, the husband was Saturn and did not show anything different than the current situation.

Often the planet will have recently changed to a new sign and I personally take the previous sign as an indication of the nature of the previous situation.

My first horary I ever asked to an astrologer had both a future and past question to it and the quesited had both a separating and future aspect, one with my ascendant lord and one with the Moon. The astrologer interpreted the previous aspect as the past question and the applying as the future.

I recently asked a question about my dog walker because I had a medication that turned up missing. The question was of the past because the meds were already gone and I wanted to know what happened. Saturn was in the 1st showing I was misjudging her and she was dignified and fixed in the 4th house and the NN was in her house showing her not being guilty. I am guessing I must have tossed them by accident, especially since Lilly says Saturn represents losing something by carelessness. So it may not necessarily be past aspects but just a general analysis of what the chart says of the matter. Her planet was the Moon in Taurus and separated from a trine from my sig Venus, so it did have a past aspect though.

I can share the dog walker one if you want but don't really have a way to prove anything. I moved locations and had no issues with her over the weeks that I used her and my dog and cat loved her. I also have a work related one over a serious issue that I do have an outcome for but it is a touchy subject to talk about over the internet. It does have separating aspects that explain the situation well. I could send it by PM if you are interested in that one but can't go into great detail about it.
Thank you for this response.

I'm sorry to hear about that female's recent experience. Wouldn't wish that hurt on anyone. So for that chart since he is saturn that indicates that he was always emotionally distant or not connected to the female.

yes, i would very much like to see those charts with whatever translation of the chart or situation you are comfortable sharing.

The past question that was asked of me...the planet signifying the house/situation is in a sign where there was no aspects (past ones) and peregrine.
the person inquired about was in their 12th house, but strong with other dignities. Though Uranus was near it influencing it. uranus when i have seen it manifest there is a recklessness to it or someone very forceful/imposing. so could be someone who really expresses 12th house traits.
Then signs of there possibly being discord. So I am assuming no.
Though if i looked at the past sign it gets a bit complicated of the planets ruling the querant and not the matter. The querant in the other sign last aspects were saturn by square and before saturn was the planet signifying the matter through a sextile. So to me still shows a no and not a resounding yes.

I'm sorry to hear about that female's recent experience. Wouldn't wish that hurt on anyone. So for that chart since he is saturn that indicates that he was always emotionally distant or not connected to the female.
It wasn't recent. This was years ago and I don't share personal chart asked by other people. The chart was not very surprising given many of his natal indicators showing a cold person, which is always good to consider when possible. If Saturn had recently changed signs to indicate some sort of change or if there were other indicators such as a planet in his house separating from her sigs then I might have thought there was indication of different previous feelings.
The past question that was asked of me...the planet signifying the house/situation is in a sign where there was no aspects (past ones) and peregrine.
the person inquired about was in their 12th house, but strong with other dignities. Though Uranus was near it influencing it. uranus when i have seen it manifest there is a recklessness to it or someone very forceful/imposing. so could be someone who really expresses 12th house traits.
Though if i looked at the past sign it gets a bit complicated of the planets ruling the querant and not the matter. The querant in the other sign last aspects were saturn by square and before saturn was the planet signifying the matter through a sextile. So to me still shows a no and not a resounding yes.
Normally I see the 12th in horary as a very restricting house whereas Uranus wants freedom and is erratic/chaotic so the two don't tend to mix very well together and can lead to very moody, alienating and bizarre behavior but it depends too on the planet it aspects on how that would present. If a quesited is in the 12th though in general it can show things like anguish of mind, feeling powerless, being mentally or physically ill, harboring lingering feelings that are not resolved or well understood by that person, repression and isolation and avoidance. They could just be avoiding the other person and not confronting a problem and the 12th is a house of unknown and unresolved things so I could see this being upsetting for the querent. It is in aversion to the ascendant so the querent cannot "see" what goes on there, especially without aspect or translation of light. This can also mean the person is a hidden enemy but I don't normally assume this unless there is indication of harm by that planet to the querent in some way. The quesited may not be 12th house in nature in general but around the issue. It is hard to say.

Is the Moon separating from anything? The past aspects of the Moon should describe past influences around the matter too that influence the question. Past aspects from the querent can be relevant as well.

Tanit3333 wrote:
It wasn't recent. This was years ago and I don't share personal chart asked by other people. The chart was not very surprising given many of his natal indicators showing a cold person, which is always good to consider when possible. If Saturn had recently changed signs to indicate some sort of change or if there were other indicators such as a planet in his house separating from her sigs then I might have thought there was indication of different previous feelings.

Sorry for any miscommunication. I wasn't asking to show this woman's chart. I was talking about the two charts you were offering to show me especially dog walker since you may be more comfortable sharing that than the work related one.

Thank you for sharing why you felt saturn always showed those feelings.

Normally I see the 12th in horary as a very restricting house whereas Uranus wants freedom and is erratic/chaotic so the two don't tend to mix very well together and can lead to very moody, alienating and bizarre behavior but it depends too on the planet it aspects on how that would present. If a quesited is in the 12th though in general it can show things like anguish of mind, feeling powerless, being mentally or physically ill, harboring lingering feelings that are not resolved or well understood by that person, repression and isolation and avoidance. They could just be avoiding the other person and not confronting a problem and the 12th is a house of unknown and unresolved things so I could see this being upsetting for the querent. It is in aversion to the ascendant so the querent cannot "see" what goes on there, especially without aspect or translation of light. This can also mean the person is a hidden enemy but I don't normally assume this unless there is indication of harm by that planet to the querent in some way. The quesited may not be 12th house in nature in general but around the issue. It is hard to say.

Is the Moon separating from anything? The past aspects of the Moon should describe past influences around the matter too that influence the question. Past aspects from the querent can be relevant as well.
Querant had no significant role in the situation asked about. It kind of was a fact checking kind of situation. Though this person bizarre behaviors made the querant question the quested behaviors; so you are correct that it is upsetting to the querant. This person as you said was very moody and very alienating. Since the question was only about the other person and the querant really had no role in the past situation really. I kept the chart turned. Though I will look at 1st house just in case, because it could trickle down and have the possibility to affect querant.

quested was in their 12th house. This person does have history of mental illness and some major ones.

I don't think the person is a hidden enemy, questionable behaviors, but probably not a hidden enemy. Like you said there probably be some major indicators. I think the person is 12th house nature around the issue, but not in general.

Moon's past aspect was saturn. saturn when looking at houses it ruled, didn't fit into the scheme of things. So I am taking saturn as its natural meaning.

I think it fit in with the theme of quested being in 12th and then the house ruling the matter making no future and has no past aspects in the sign it is.

I remember the times I showed up in 12th house I was isolating and harboring feelings that needed to be worked out.