A full refund?

Hi Forum,

My local dance store didn’t carry the 8.5 size shoes I wanted, and I was in a hurry, so I ordered via internet. It arrived yesterday afternoon and to my horror they sent me size 8. The invoice in the package said I ordered size 8. I went to my computer and checked the email confirmation I received a few days ago. It also said size 8 (I should have checked the size – darn, my oversight). I went to their site and found out 8.5 was temporarily out of stock. I am hoping to get a full refund or an exchange for size 8.5 when they re-stock. I don’t have proof that I clicked size 8.5.

By the way, usually a half size would hardly make a difference because these shoes are stretch canvas – they are not pointe shoes (toe shoes). True, a lot of people prefer a tight fit, but I already have size 8 and am wearing them in the class. I would prefer 8.5 for my left foot because I don’t like too tight a fit. So how am I to convince their customer service to waive an extra charge?

Data: June 3, 2019 @5:17 pm
San Francisco, CA (US)

https://i.postimg.cc/0275J0mF/astro-2gw ... -62978.png

Analysis:

Day of the Moon and Hour of Jupiter. This chart is not radical.

The internet dance store is represented by Venus in Taurus and placed in 7th house. Venus is in regency and in own house, so she is full of dignity. I am Mars in Cancer and placed in 9th house. Although the chart is not radical I think both significators fit the description well. It is a reputable store and I used to purchase a lot from them (that was years ago). Their catalogs as I recalled were absolutely images of Venus… lots of young professional dancers modeling for leotards, skirts and tutus.

My significator in 9th house is showing my attitude toward the class. Though the class is aiming for individual self enhancement, I found learning classical music (western for me), opera, ballet is very helpful to my fine art pursuits. As for my Mars, I was quite annoyed when I discovered it was the wrong size. However, I started to think complaining to the customer service would not bode well in my situation (that’s Mars in Cancer, I’m triplicity with a mute sign). My best option would be to approach whoever picks up my call with politeness, be sincere and be honest (well, we shall see).

It’s amazing to see that Neptune (mistakes, confusion) is so active in this chart. L2 (representing the shoes) is retrograde -- meaning the shoes will be returning to the store. I think opposition from two luminaries and Mercury (L8 representing their stock room) to Jupiter is showing sending the wrong shoes from their warehouse & receiving the shoes at their warehouse. Gemini opposing Sagittarius is not an ideal situation, but Mars approaching Part of Fortune in one degree is very encouraging… not to mention that PoF is disposed by me and in my own house. I will update.

I’m curious and wondering about Uranus at DC, opposing my Ascendant. L7 Venus is near Algol. Any ideas?
Last edited by Part of Fortune on Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hi Part of Fortune

I would say the horary looks positive on the whole and you won't be disappointed with the outcome. For a full refund I would have prefered an unhindered aspect between your primary sig Mars and L7 /seller or L8 / seller's money. This is missing but the Moon perfects a conjunction with Mercury, L8 before Mercury escapes to the next sign. Jupiter , the shoes are Rx and the Mars-POF conjunction as you pointed out look good. But Jupiter retro may also mean that they will give you a replacement and send the correct size again. Uranus on the descendant can be some sudden event that influenced the seller. Perhaps they suddenly discovered that size 8.5 shoes are out of stock after they received the order? Venus in Mars' detriment may mean they let you down by their blunder. But it may also show that they are not going to like your refund request. But Venus being in the Moon's exaltation sign shows that they would at least appreciate your sentiments. So perhaps if you could speak to them from your heart rather than your head it will appeal more to them. No idea about Algol though. Perhaps they will lose their head during this interaction with you in some way like by being irrational or picking up a fight ? Or perhaps it just shows how they lost their head and sent you the wrong product!

Hi Serene, thanks for your reply.

So, this is what happened so far: I called customer service the other day and told my story. I was lucky that the lady at the other end was a very good listener and had a kind nature. I was very polite and sincere, and I think she approved my honesty (as you have said). I mentioned that I didn’t check thoroughly at the time when I received the email confirmation and told her it was my fault (I could have prevented the future trouble and confusion).

She told me that she will waive the return shipping cost, so I should go ahead and print out the return label and send back the item. I asked about exchange but according to her calculation the shoes will be arriving sometime in July (it comes from Russia). We settled for a total refund. She said when the warehouse receives a returned item, they will check for any damages. I told her the little shoe box had been damaged during the process of transportation because when I opened the plastic mail package, the sides were smashed and torn a little. She said OK, she will make a note to them.

Well, I’ve just sent back the shoes to their warehouse using the same plastic mail bag it came in and pasted over their original mailing address with the new prepaid label I printed out from my computer. But to find out the outcome, I have to wait to see my future credit card bill – since Neptune is making so many aspects and Uranus conjunct 7th house, I have some reservations. Hopefully, this time everything will go smoothly.

Serene wrote:PoF thanks for the update. I am now guessing you will get a full refund because the chart shows you will be happy with the final outcome. Let us know
Hi Forum,

Just finishing up old business. I received a full refund as Serene predicted. Since then I have been dealing with the same store (represented by Venus in Taurus) numerous times and all my purchases went well.

I am hardly on the forum...don't get much time online.

So wasn't around much for original reding.
But think it's interesting moon's next aspect is mercury, the sellers money/resources.

moon last aspect would be jupiter your 2nd house.

moon brings a connection betwen Jupiter and mercury

I wonder if this could show something that is now in your possession (jupiter/shoes)will be returned to their "warehouse" (mercury)

Since the only way you would ever send the shoes back is if a refund was promised.

Just some thoughts/practice for me
Let the cookie crumble how it will crumble.

Hi EleanorLouise,

Thank you very much for stopping by and sharing your thoughts. Sorry for my delayed reply.

EleanorLouise wrote:
I wonder if this could show something that is now in your possession (jupiter/shoes)will be returned to their "warehouse" (mercury)

Since the only way you would ever send the shoes back is if a refund was promised.

Just some thoughts/practice for me
Actually, I would have returned the shoes to the warehouse regardless of a full refund because I don’t need another pair of the same size.
I already own a pair which I purchased at my local dance store earlier. Although, it was professionally fitted by the owner at the time, later I started to feel the size was too small. My street shoes size (US) is between 7 & 7.5. I tried various makers but liked Russian Pointes and the owner fitted me with size 8 and said that IS my size for THAT maker. I asked for 8.5 but she said she doesn’t have them (umm… I’m a bit skeptical about this point).

A month later, I ended up ordering size 8.5 through an internet store but when the shoes arrived, they were size 8. I asked for an exchange, but they were out of stock and would take two months to restock so we settled for the refund.

Update: Since then I ordered two Russian Pointes 8.5 and 9 from the same internet store. I ended up keeping 9 and returned 8.5 (since I was trying out various sizes by my own accord, I paid my share of the returned postage). I also purchased two more pairs by a different maker (Capezio) size 7.5 and they were perfect fits.