Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

how should i approach this?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
EleanorLouise

Posted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:00 pm    Post subject: how should i approach this? Reply with quote

When will I meet someone? (romantic oriented)
Trying out this question for a person though not confident it is something able to be done.

so I would look at main rulers 1st and 7th.
Then I would see if there is an aspect between them.

if no aspect, I should look to see what next aspect 1st ruler makes or moon.
But, my only issues is if I do this last step how do I know the next aspect 1st ruler or moon is making is actually a person or not?
Tanit3333

Posted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
When will I meet someone?

Isn't this question a little presumptuous? Wouldn't it be better to ask, "will I meet someone I will have the potential for a relationship with this year and if so what are they like and when will I meet them?"

To assume you will meet someone significant within the question itself I think is faulty. Some people never meet someone special. Obviously the chart would show not meeting someone if applicable but I just wonder why a question would be formed that way and it seems too vague and not very helpful. Meet someone at the grocery store that you never see again, etc.?

To answer your question, it would be like any other romantic horary. Deb recommends using the 1st, 7th and Moon and any co sigs in those houses, and Venus and Sun as descriptive influences (rather than planets that lead to perfection). She always said to keep it simple and I don't remember her recommending using applying and separating aspects as significators but that is something Lilly does mention to look at. As with all things, the chart itself should help gauge that. If the Moon applies to Mars debilitated in the 8th or lording the 8th, I would hardly assume that is representing something postiive, for example. However, Moon applying to a strong benefic that does not lord anything bad in general is quite favorable in a typical chart.

Lilly does mention using separating and applying aspects of the Moon as co sigs and says that the 7th lord in the 1st brings a favorable outcome. Lilly's aphorisms on romance are on this website:

https://www.renaissanceastrology.com/lillysrulesformarriage.html

Unfortunately, charts are not always as clear cut as Moon/7th lord and 1st/7th lord because sometimes other things pop up that are also positive and it is impossible to go over every aphorism and every chart is unique. For example, one thing I notice people struggle with in this forum especially is the possibility of a second body representing an alternative situation. Lilly had an example reading where Saturn was a quesited that rejected the querent but that Jupiter represented someone else with potential (as Jupiter often does):
https://www.google.com/amp/s/tonylouis.wordpress.com/2012/09/30/william-lilly-a-lady-if-marry-the-gentleman-desired-ca-p-385/amp/

One thing Lilly mentions in that reading is the Moon applying the 1st lord shows potential via the querent's own efforts. In that reading it was difficult because the Moon was in hard aspect to the querent. For a more positive type of situation, if you had Moon applying on an angle to trine the 1st lord, that could show the querent makes a positive effort to meet someone new and that helps pay off, likely quickly with an angular Moon, depending on the sign.
EleanorLouise

Posted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tanit3333 wrote:
Quote:
When will I meet someone?

Isn't this question a little presumptuous? Wouldn't it be better to ask, "will I meet someone I will have the potential for a relationship with this year and if so what are they like and when will I meet them?"

To assume you will meet someone significant within the question itself I think is faulty. Some people never meet someone special. Obviously the chart would show not meeting someone if applicable but I just wonder why a question would be formed that way and it seems too vague and not very helpful. Meet someone at the grocery store that you never see again, etc.?

To answer your question, it would be like any other romantic horary. Deb recommends using the 1st, 7th and Moon and any co sigs in those houses, and Venus and Sun as descriptive influences (rather than planets that lead to perfection). She always said to keep it simple and I don't remember her recommending using applying and separating aspects as significators but that is something Lilly does mention to look at. As with all things, the chart itself should help gauge that. If the Moon applies to Mars debilitated in the 8th or lording the 8th, I would hardly assume that is representing something postiive, for example. However, Moon applying to a strong benefic that does not lord anything bad in general is quite favorable in a typical chart.

Lilly does mention using separating and applying aspects of the Moon as co sigs and says that the 7th lord in the 1st brings a favorable outcome. Lilly's aphorisms on romance are on this website:

https://www.renaissanceastrology.com/lillysrulesformarriage.html

Unfortunately, charts are not always as clear cut as Moon/7th lord and 1st/7th lord because sometimes other things pop up that are also positive and it is impossible to go over every aphorism and every chart is unique. For example, one thing I notice people struggle with in this forum especially is the possibility of a second body representing an alternative situation. Lilly had an example reading where Saturn was a quesited that rejected the querent but that Jupiter represented someone else with potential (as Jupiter often does):
https://www.google.com/amp/s/tonylouis.wordpress.com/2012/09/30/william-lilly-a-lady-if-marry-the-gentleman-desired-ca-p-385/amp/

One thing Lilly mentions in that reading is the Moon applying the 1st lord shows potential via the querent's own efforts. In that reading it was difficult because the Moon was in hard aspect to the querent. For a more positive type of situation, if you had Moon applying on an angle to trine the 1st lord, that could show the querent makes a positive effort to meet someone new and that helps pay off, likely quickly with an angular Moon, depending on the sign.

Thank you for taking time to respond with reference points.

I think it is not a great question either. So tossed it and she didn’t think anything would happen in 2020 for her.

Anyway....” He states that a chart is radical when “the Lord of the hour … and the Lord of the Ascendant or first House are of one Triplicity, or be one, or of the same nature”

Do you follow this? I tried it out before for like a year. But, I only ask 3 questions at most for myself a year.

Reading links and be back when on a computer not tablet.
Tanit3333

Posted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally don't pay a ton of attention to hour agreement unless the chart does not make sense to me. I am more inclined to look at it if it is someone else's chart and the chart seems like gibberish. If it lacks agreement I am more inclined to not put much stock in it. To me the best indicator of a radical chart is one that represents the situation. Often the matter itself will be shown in the chart, such as my recent query on a promotion and the ascendant lord was in the 10th.
EleanorLouise

Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i read the articles you posted by the way. Very interesting.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Horary & Electional Astrology All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: