Early ascendant

Even though the early ascendant in the case I am talking about indicates there is much more on the horizon that can change the outcome.

Do you still read a chart that is early ascendant to give the sitter some information about how things are playing out right now and why?

I feel like there could still be valuable information in an early ascendant chart even though the chance of the outcome changing in pretty high.
Let the cookie crumble how it will crumble.

Eleanor- I am trying to take a break from Skyscript but I will just say that you will get widely differing answers to this questions based on the school of thought of the astrologer. Some astrologers say there is no such thing as a consideration, basically, while others adhere strongly to them. Frawley believes all charts are readable and reliable, whereas some other astrologers have had bad experiences with considerations and follow them in their consultations (someone once mentioned they had a combust querent who stopped requesting readings to them after a chart but had previously been a regular client, for example). You may hear that an early degree means the matter is too nascent and not fully formed to be reliable, that the question itself lacks much intent or clarity or is just asked for entertainment value, that the question has been repeated or is to test an astrologer, etc. I am not a black and white thinker and tend to say it depends. It is information to take with caution that the matter might not be fully formed and could change or the question itself might change in the mind of the querent.

Tanit3333 wrote:Eleanor- I am trying to take a break from Skyscript but I will just say that you will get widely differing answers to this questions based on the school of thought of the astrologer. Some astrologers say there is no such thing as a consideration, basically, while others adhere strongly to them. Frawley believes all charts are readable and reliable, whereas some other astrologers have had bad experiences with considerations and follow them in their consultations (someone once mentioned they had a combust querent who stopped requesting readings to them after a chart but had previously been a regular client, for example). You may hear that an early degree means the matter is too nascent and not fully formed to be reliable, that the question itself lacks much intent or clarity or is just asked for entertainment value, that the question has been repeated or is to test an astrologer, etc. I am not a black and white thinker and tend to say it depends. It is information to take with caution that the matter might not be fully formed and could change or the question itself might change in the mind of the querent.
I really thought I responded to this. My apologizes.

Thank you much for taking the time to write a response to me.
I agree that I usually read early degrees as just telling the person if things continue as they are now you might end up with this outcome. I do always try to tell the person that this is really up in the air right now.

I never thought of taking the early degree as this " the question itself might change in the mind of the querent." But, I can see why this may be a possibility.

EleanorLouise

My personal view is that all horaries, when the question really weighs on the mind/soul of the querent, are valid. In those cases an early ascendant can tell you something about the nature of the querent or about the situation being asked - perhaps something has recently just changed or become apparent and the querent hasn't had time to digest it all for example. So if you see an early ascendant try to ascertain what the querent thinks about the matter and how much time they've had to consider it. I've had plenty of early ascendant horaries where the querent asks the horary just as soon as they've found out some information - when, in reality, basic common sense or some cooling off of enthusiasm or fear would answer it for them anyway. My advice is when you see an early ascendant recognise that the horary is trying to tell you something about the situation and then proceed slowly from there as you normally would.
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" - Socrates

https://heavenlysphere.com/

Paul wrote:EleanorLouise

My personal view is that all horaries, when the question really weighs on the mind/soul of the querent, are valid. In those cases an early ascendant can tell you something about the nature of the querent or about the situation being asked - perhaps something has recently just changed or become apparent and the querent hasn't had time to digest it all for example. So if you see an early ascendant try to ascertain what the querent thinks about the matter and how much time they've had to consider it. I've had plenty of early ascendant horaries where the querent asks the horary just as soon as they've found out some information - when, in reality, basic common sense or some cooling off of enthusiasm or fear would answer it for them anyway. My advice is when you see an early ascendant recognise that the horary is trying to tell you something about the situation and then proceed slowly from there as you normally would.
Thanks for sharing. I think I have seen this happen before too, but didn't connect the dots.