Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

Job Interview Horary/Event
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
moonbright

Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting this Tanit; it’s an interesting chart and very clear too if I am reading it correctly. I’ve only read your first post and am interpreting the horary.

There don’t seem to be any Considerations Before Judgement that apply.

You are essentially and accidentally dignified on the ASC. Your interviewers have more essential dignity, domicile and exaltation, but lack fortitude: combustion/cadency. The job itself and the employer are in detriment and cadent but well disposed. The employer’s employer, I’m guessing, is the ninth house - a university? Sun is peregrine and combusting everything in the ninth. The South Node is on the 2nd house cusp along with Saturn, which disposes you, the Moon, along with Pluto. Neptune is having a day in the 3rd and Uranus is waiting impatiently in the 5th.

You are in tremendous shape. One would think that you are as prepared as it’s possible to be, Jupiter in Sagittarius being the scholar, and you are the superior planet to Mercury. Mercury is separating from a square with you, however, so that would imply some difficulty. As well, the Sun is in a partile square with you, so more difficulty. As well, Neptune is throwing a spanner in the works, opposing the stellium as well as squaring yourself and the ASC/DSC axis. You don’t seem to be the kind of person who would fudge their C.V. (or need to!) so it seems that both parties are labouring under a misapprehension of some kind which may be the reason for all the squares. The Moon is also in a partile square with the MC so a fourth testimony for difficulties.

I see Venus in Mercury as describing an extremely detail-oriented job and from what you’ve said in previous posts you are good at those jobs. (I have a friend who works in medical laboratories and her natal planets line up almost exactly as they are shown here in the 9th house. She also excels at crafts requiring tremendous detailed work: knitting, quilting, tatting, cross-stitch, etc.) Mercury in Virgo loves precision.

The Sun’s combustion is concerning though. If it does describe a university, then it’s one without resources and it overwhelms the job itself, the people who are interviewing/hiring and the “profit to be made from the venture”, Mars, ruler of 11. So while the job may be up your alley, there maybe not much remuneration and perhaps a lot of internal strife - I once worked for a university that had a tremendous reputation but somewhere along the way the admin folks forgot where that reputation came from, ie: good people doing good work, and they became obsessed with keeping up appearances to the point of violating all kinds of legislation, not to mention basic decencies. They were chronically being called on the carpet by the professors in their own law school! That’s what that Sun makes me think of: an institution that has good people working for it but whose administrators may have lost their way somehow and are consequently interfering with just about everything.

The Moon is separating from a square with Venus and is now applying to a trine with Uranus, planet of separation, suggesting that you will not get the job or not take it even if you get it. It may be that after the interview you will realize that there is not much chance for original work (research) but simply more of doing what you have already done.

So lots of challenges and maybe ultimately, not what you were looking for.

Thanks again for posting. Looking forward to reading what happened.

Cheers.
moonbright

Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

P.S. I’ve just looked at the event chart and you had an interview on a Sunday - that could possibly change the interpretation of Neptune to issues of scheduling/transportation rather than communication. Or earthquake(s). Secret
Tanit3333

Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Moonbright - Keep in mind that this job is just a part time job and is actually to supplement my income more than anything else. I don't view it as a huge career move or anything like that. I could take or leave it, hence the square and lack of reception.

I have some new developments that might explain the emphasis of the combustion in the 9th a bit better because this job is not at a university (although it is a scientific field, which can fall under the 9th). There was another job I had no idea about (probably the 10th ruler combustion in a dual sign and the Sun lords the 9th and applies to Jupiter and receives it) that came up unexpectedly that is in research at a university with a very prestigious lab and I was up against a lot of candidates. I knew the physician hiring the position and have other connections there, and got the job very quickly and had an easy interview. He said I had a very impressive resume and I am overqualified and will be paid terribly but it will be fun work for me and is part time with flexible hours. The goal is to have the physician be my principle investigator for a PhD program.

So now I actually have 3 jobs, including this part time one asked about in the horary. I already started this job asked about. The salary is not as good as expected but I checked with human resources and my payscale is fair and non-negotiable.

There is a lot of stress with the three jobs and that is probably in part why everything is squaring me as well. Mars square Jupiter in natal can suggest overextending oneself and I have it in natal. If I were to quit one of my three jobs it would be the one asked about here because the work is as you said - very detail and task oriented. I am good at that kind of work but it doesn't do much for me - I get very bored if I am not intellectually challenged more.

This is all reading way more into it than my initial question though.

As far as earthquakes go, they are the norm out here and the ones we have been having have been relatively small.
Tanit3333

Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Final update: I already quit this job, which is not surprising considering how lukewarm I was to the job from the beginning. It just wasn't a good fit for me. I gave it a shot though. The commute was too rough, the work tedious and I didn't fit in with the work culture. I normally don't fit in well but I didn't feel like I would adapt and when I made the decision to quit I immediately felt a sense of relief so that was a big clue it was for the best.
moonbright

Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update Tanit. Glad to hear you're not up to your eyeballs in drudgery! Good luck with the newest job.
Miss Watson

Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Tanit,
It's curious because this week I was about to give up on interpreting charts. I've been thinking that the more I study, the less I know - I even commented about essential dignities before. And I came back to check your topic and thought "Why am I so sure this chart points to a negative response if everything went okay?"
Maybe the emphasis on Saturn, even tough you're saturnian person, is not a good promise in a Horary chart.
Thanks for the update! Wishing you good luck!
Tanit3333

Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Watson - I think Saturn is mainly just the compensation, which was a factor, but I agree when Saturn is emphasized that is a red flag. The Moon is received though. As has been said, the job itself is also in fall and combust. During the interview, the job was going through an internal issue I cannot elaborate on and I had assumed the combustion was relating to that but overall you generally would view a job as "damaged" when in fall and also combust. Venus is a benefic, so the job is considered easier and more beneficial to acquire in general but the poor placement was always there and I agreed from the beginning the job was not a perfect one for me. I saw it as something temporary right away. The job is probably fine for some people but it just wasn't up to what I was looking for and I knew if I started a PhD program I would have to quit and that is basically what is already happening anyway.

I think the horary captured the situation well and offered me sound advice, which is most important. It shows the querent is in a strong position to decide the outcome but it also shows there is lack of common ground between the querent and the coworkers/interviewers with the square and approaching from their own dignity but none shared between them. Generally, you want reception with a square aspect to alleviate the discordance. Mercury-Jupiter squares do signify specific things and are not as hard of aspects as say a Saturn square. I normally think of lack of shared cultural or intellectual energy levels, for example.

I don't really think the outcome was "negative." Sometimes matters exist that are neither bad nor good, they are just a series of choices. I easily got the job but chose to leave it. It really wasn't an entirely bad job, it just wasn't right for me and I at least got to experience the environment and I do not have to regret never attempting working there (various coworkers have recommended working there but they have different priorities than I do). Management was disappointed I quit so quickly bit I think it was a good thing because it is making a dialogue with staff about some of their problems and might lead to positive changes for them (I hope). I have a lot of fire in my own chart, especially Aries, and I tend to bring change wherever I go, for whatever reason.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Horary & Electional Astrology All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: