Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

Job Interview Horary/Event
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tanit3333

Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:06 pm    Post subject: Job Interview Horary/Event Reply with quote

Hello,

I have a job interview question with an outcome, if anyone would like to give it a try before I post the outcome.

I had asked specifically on how difficult the interview would be and whether or not I was prepared for it (I also was obviously looking for any warning signs about the job itself). I found the horary to be pretty accurate for the end result and I am including the event chart as well, in case anyone is interested in them. I do often have interviews while Saturn is rising but I am a fairly Saturnian person in interviews.

I believe the 9th house signification in the horary dealt with my question of being prepared/job content of the interview. It is a scientific job. I was focused on the 7th ruler/house as the interviewer(s) also as well as the strength of my own planet to show if I was prepared or not and whether I should study for the interview more.

Horary for the interview/job:
Sept 7, 2019 at 1419, Livermore, CA

Event chart for the interview:
Sept 8, 2019 at 1540, Berkeley, CA
Miss Watson

Posted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tanit,
Thanks for sharing the chart. I'll give it a try.

Jupiter rules the querent. Saturn and Moon are your co-rulers.
The Moon is in the ASC and detriment. Just for that reason, I'd say that there is some changing situation and, even if you are a Saturnian person, I imagine that you may have changed your mind for something that did not please you (maybe the financial situation has some weight here). But I'll continue the analysis.

VENUS - ruler of 10th House - career and the interviewer, according to Sylvia de Long's book.
Jupiter, in the 12th, is connected to Venus by square, but is a separative degree, Venus also rules the 5th and 6th, showing some past dissatisfaction of you that I believe to be due to a lack the prospect of long-term personal satisfaction (5th House for me has inner child/personal satisfaction connotation and, the long-term nuance is due to the opposition to the 11th House - of hope). It's just an idea.

This concentration of the 9th House is something that draws attention and the planets here are intercepted.
Jupiter is applying the Sun by square, ruler of the 9th, which makes me think that you still need to work harder on your studies so that the interviewer see you as a qualified person for the job. This also makes me believe you don't feel prepared for the job once Jupiter is in 12th, the House of health and hospitals (the job), but also of limitation. You are not happy in this House. And as I said, the financial situation (2nd House in Cap) must have considerable weight for you, and as Jupiter is applying Mars by square, which also rules the 11th, of employer money, you were not satisfied with the salary they proposed you.

Conclusion
My opinion is that the salary offered is not compatible with what you would like to receive and there was no agreement between you and the employer as Venus is in exile.

Looking forward to seeing other comments and the outcome.
Tanit3333

Posted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Miss Watson - your comments are excellent and you picked up on some stuff I hadn't noticed. I will wait a few days before replying specifically to what you said, in case anyone else wants to try the chart. I do think the chart is offering more information than the interview, such as what you picked up on - financial package, quality of the job, etc.

One thing I will say though is that I think the emphasis of the planets in Virgo are in stark contrast to Jupiter in Sagittarius. Having known a bit about what Virgo and Sag represent on a specific level because my nodes are placed in the 3rd/9th axis in Virgo/Pisces in natal is that Virgo often represents mundane work (not necessarily a bad thing, but a focus on specific tasks and skills rather than bigger picture concepts) whereas Sag as a sign of Jupiter tends to represents higher minded pursuits. I think the interview is described well by the sign Virgo whereas I was approaching from a Jupterian Sag level. This made me rethink my approach a little bit and the interview itself became clearly not Sagittarian pretty fast. I do think essential dignity and house placement would answer the question of being able to do well on the interview though (that was what I looked at first). I would regard Jupiter as in the 1st because it is pretty tight on the ascendant and within 5 degrees of the 1st.

The event chart is obviously not fantastic but one pro is that the Moon is increasing in light and the 1st and 7th rulers are conjunct in the 1st, with the Moon received by its dispositor and it is applying to a dignified Mercury, lord of the 9th. The event chart just helps describe the energy of the interview and I do not look much beyond that. I thought it was not too bad. I especially liked the grand earth trine with Uranus, which suggested perhaps learning new things or cutting edge technology being a focal point.
Miss Watson

Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the comment!
The fact of Jupiter being tight on the ascendant I didn't consider, but I should it. This gives a new perspective on the chart. I'd still consider the Moon and Saturn as a warning, but a beneficial planet representing you indicates strength.
I always end up ignoring the essential dignities. It's something I need to be aware of in charts Sad .

I'll be waiting!
Tanit3333

Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Watson - an aspect within one degree is generally regarded as a tight aspect. I do use 5 degree orbs for houses but know some astrologers only use 1-2 degree orbs. That is, if within 5 degrees of the house cusp it is closest to, that is the house it is in.

Unfortunately, orbs are an area where no one seems to agree but I tend to use Lilly's rules and he does specifically say within 5 degrees (anything above 5 degrees is the next house, even if between 5 and 6 degrees). I have several planets in natal where I have had to apply this rule and have found it to be accurate - one planet is within 2 degrees of the next house and therefore in that house, and another is 6 degrees and therefore not. I have had readings from astrologers who have said the opposite for both and did not find the readings reliable. That was yet another reason I trust Lilly's research (which often comes from Ptolemy).
Jupiterrising

Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you got the job. Because Moon's final aspect is trine Venus.
Before it trines Venus it conjuncts Saturn that could be interfering with the job but Saturn is actually collecting light from all the planets in the 9th house. So Saturn is not interfering here.

The 9th house emphasis is perhaps because the job is related to university, teaching etc. The Virgo emphasis is the finer details. I think you study Bio technology so I think Virgo fits that description though I would have thought Pluto is more relevant in research field. All the planets apply to Pluto including Moon, so that's something I guess.

The job itself is in it's own fall and cadent, but if the 9th house and Virgo is the nature of the job, then that is ok I guess. Venus is combust and intercepted, maybe that is an indication that it is not all that good.
Venus is also in your detriment but I wouldn't worry too much, because it's in mutual reception with your co ruler the Moon. Moon in Capricorn is in Venus' triplicity and Venus in Virgo in Moons triplicity and they trine in the end.

Your skills is Jupiter in Sag and conjunct Ascendant, which is the strongest planet in the whole chart. So I think you have the skills but you are in the jobs detriment although your co ruler Moon is in Venus' triplicity. So I wouldn't say you dislike the job but maybe it doesn't meet your expectations and I think the interviewers feel the same because Mercury, Sun, Mars and Venus are all in your detriment.

The first aspect of Moon is trine Uranus in the 6th, is the job in healthcare? Regardless, I think it means the interview went well. You might have been pleasantly surprised.

PS: That's how I normally read charts. But you told me in our previous discussion that aspect is more important than reception. Based off that I would say the Sun Jupiter square shows you didn't like the job so much but because it is Sun and not a malefic you don't hate it either. All the trines to the planets in the 9th house shows that you like the job and the job likes you. The interviewers liked you too.
Jupiterrising

Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just noticed Mercury is in T suare with Neptune and Jupiter. To me it means there was some confusion around the interview.
Also, Uranus is in 5th house not 6th. But it doesn't change anything really. If you don't consider Uranus the next aspect is to Mars. Moon exalts Mars, so either ways I think the interview went well for you.
Moon and Venus may not be in mutual reception because the triplicity is night and day. Also your chart is a day chart, so maybe we only look at daytime triplicity. I am not sure about this. I still took this as mutual reception.

Because the Moon is all trines I saw that as a good sign. I still stick with my first interpretation. The interview went well, but it didn't meet your expectations and they felt the same way too.
Tanit3333

Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jupiterrising - you made a lot of good points, and noting the influence of T-square Neptune in the 3rd is good because it became an issue as well and I will talk about that more.

I believe the Moon's application to trine Mars with reception from Mars probably represents a specific person and I would not expect anyone to know this specific meaning. Mars is disposited by the 7th house lord, which is what I thought best described the interview/job hiring process. I don't think Mercury described anyone in particular well as a person per se. I think Mercury is probably the interview process itself primarily and Venus is the job. I think Mars probably represents someone I currently work with who is a friend and had some slight influence in my being hired or not because he works at this job as well. The 11th lord (Mars) can be the financial package for a job (2nd from the 11th) but I don't usually see that. I think work allies are more so 11th and 2nd is the financial package, even though the 2nd can represent allies in general. He is not Saturnian and is much more so Mars-like. He told me after the interview that the boss contacted him regarding my application and that he gave me a good review. My friend is very honest and may have said both pros and cons of hiring me, hence the Mars-Jupiter square. The square is prohibited by the Sun though so not quite so difficult. I think the Sun is probably the hiring manager and Jupiter is in the triplicity of the Sun (received). There are some other possible implications of the Moon-Mars trine I can think of but would not expect anyone to know that. My work subject matter I believe is lorded by Mars in general though. A Moon-Mars trine can indicate confidence and ambition too but obviously the Moon is a bit messed up. It also lords the 8th but the subject matter is also a bit 8th and one factor that contributed to my applying to this job (as a second job) is securing a home loan (8th).

One thing I think is highlighted a bit is that planets that have poor dignity can be strengthened when received by their dispositor if it is dignified, according to astrologers like Robert Hand. Both Moon and Venus are poorly placed by sign but are in close proximity to their dispositor, which has house dignity. It does not get rid of the negativity but it can be like a lifeline of sorts or at least helps them to function better. I generally regard this as something that can be good but comes with bad or something needs to be overcome. Planets in fall though I generally regard as a fall from grace, meaning a person's hopes of what they want might be dashed in the outcome for whatever reason. They might hold something on a pedestal that they later find does not live up to their expectations, for example. Venus as a significator also describes whether the thing sought after is difficult to achieve or not. Generally, benefics are easier to achieve and come with less difficulty. When badly placed, they can come with less good, though.
Tanit3333

Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello -

I will go ahead and post the outcome. If anyone else wants to comment please don't read:

The interview was very easy, occurred quickly and was very informal and not what I expected. There was no panel, no series of big picture questions like I had expected and that usually occurs in my field. I was basically shown around the lab and given an idea of the specific tasks done and introduced to other employees by the hiring manager. He had already decided to give me the job before my interview even started.

I later learned that there were no benefits for the position and the pay is worse than my current job, which was surprising and a disappointment. The position is part time though and has the potential to turn into a full time job if I decide to stay on (more opportunities for promotion too). Another negative was the location of the job. I prefer using public transportation but the location is bad for that and it is in an obviously very dangerous neighborhood. My coworkers are also almost entirely female, which I was not surprised to find out since Venus lorded the 10th.

Miss Watson - you mentioned the Moon in the 1st (especially in a cardinal sign) showing things happen quickly and that was something I didn't notice and was very true. I also think the job itself will not last long before I move to a full time status and probably a different shift. You were also right that the financial package was disappointing.

Jupiterrising - a lot of your comments were basically what happened. I am not sure if they are disappointed in me but I come from a different background than most of the people there so the movement from foreign dignities probably shows a general major difference between us. We are probably literally from different cultural/ethnic backgrounds too so it makes sense in ways I had not thought of until the interview. Regarding Neptune - there was a lot of confusion the same evening with my final application steps and it is an ongoing issue I am dealing with. It is something I was more aware of, thanks to the horary, and proactive about.

Final comments - I think the interview being easy and going well is primarily shown by the placement of the querent in sect, dignified and on an angle in the ascendant. Lilly often talks about how angular placements are very positive. Deb would say an essentially dignified planet is well prepared and an accidentally dignified one is in an environment that allows them to express their preparedness/is lucky, basically. Also, the 7th ruler is fairly well placed, rendering the interview capable of a more positive, well functioning outcome. Mercury also translates light of Jupiter to Venus via conjunction with reception from Mercury (what Hand calls pushing disposition of Mercury to Venus and makes it more positive). Venus as the ruler of the job suggests getting the job is easier also. Mercury is combust but Mercury is often combust. The placement of the Moon in Cap, the sign of the 2nd and lording the 8th shows emphasis on money and Moon is in detriment in part because I hate to consider money but it was a contributing influence of my applying for this second job. I think the job itself will also be fairly tiring (Saturn can emphasize tiredness) since I will be working many hours. It is also probably in detriment because of the disappointment in pay and benefits. It is still increasing in light though and in the ascendant and below the earth during the day, which renders it accidentally better. Moon trine Sun in general in a chart is also considered positive for growth - as far as I know, the aspect does not need to be the next one either. The job is in fall but a benefic again implies a good job that comes with some disappointments. Saturn also squares the MC from the 2nd, again emphasizing the pay/lack of benefits "damages" the job a bit.
Miss Watson

Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Tanit!

I found the chart very interesting. It describes the situation very well.
I am always learning, but I never feel that I am well enough.

Jupiterrising was very accurate and, Tanit, you are able to explore every single detail. When I grow up, I want to be like you! Smile

It's like I said, I never remember to consider essential dignities, it's like I'm looking at the whole and forgetting to pay attention to the details. Practice makes perfect.

Quote:
Another negative was the location of the job. I prefer using public transportation but the location is bad for that and it is in an obviously very dangerous neighborhood.

What I chose not to comment was the fact that Jupiter is applying to Mars in a square, the 4th lord. I even thought that you'd have to move city and this could influence your decision, but I ended up convinced that Mars represented more the 11th House - 2nd from the 10th.

I enjoyed playing the interpretation.
Whishing you the best! Laughing
Jupiterrising

Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback Tanit.
I didn't mean that the interviewers will be disappointed with you. I meant they may have had certain expectations from the person who would take that job and you probably didn't fit those expectations. Because you had the skills I didn't think they will be disappointed, I just thought because they are in your detriment they may have felt that you are not the right person for that particular job.

But in our previous discussion you said, it's the aspects that show how the querent/quesited feel about each other. In this context I think the Jupiter/Sun square is the different expectation for both of you, but the Moon trine Mars,Sun,Mercury and Venus showed the interview went well and also how they feel about you.

Isn't Venus combust? Or is it not combust because Mercury is in between? It's also intercepted, isn't it?

Mercury conjuncts Venus in Libra. This happens after change of sign. People have different opinions about this.

Regarding the triplicity mutual reception, did I read it correctly?
In Virgo Venus is in night time triplicity of Moon
In Capricorn Moon is in day time triplicity of Venus.
Although it was night and day triplicity I still took it as mutual reception. Is that correct or wrong use of receptions?
Also your chart is a day time chart, does that mean we only look at day time triplicity?
I don't know how to use this day/night triplicity in day/night charts. Can you please explain how to use?
Thanks.
Tanit3333

Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Watson -
Quote:
What I chose not to comment was the fact that Jupiter is applying to Mars in a square, the 4th lord. I even thought that you'd have to move city and this could influence your decision, but I ended up convinced that Mars represented more the 11th House - 2nd from the 10th.

Sun aspects Jupiter long before Mars can but I am in the middle of deciding where to live at the moment and this job might influence that. Since the question was primarily about the interview process this would be secondary information that might pop up but wasn't something I asked about. Sometimes charts do show stuff like that though. I actually have a Mars-Jupiter square in natal though and don't see it as the most negative influence - it shows an abnormal amount of energy but it also might show that I change jobs and locations frequently. That could be something that was considered - how long will she stay, etc. It can also show taking on too much or overestimating your capabilities, such as working multiple jobs.

Jupiter is much stronger than Mars and receives it too, which is a mitigating influence (when a benefic receives a malefic, especially from an angle, it can overcome the malefic influence). Side note: Jupiter can overcome Saturn or Mars whereas Venus can only overcome Mars (it is considered too weak to overcome Saturn without aid of Jupiter).

Jupiterrising -
Quote:
I meant they may have had certain expectations from the person who would take that job and you probably didn't fit those expectations. Because you had the skills I didn't think they will be disappointed, I just thought because they are in your detriment they may have felt that you are not the right person for that particular job. But in our previous discussion you said, it's the aspects that show how the querent/quesited feel about each other. In this context I think the Jupiter/Sun square is the different expectation for both of you, but the Moon trine Mars,Sun,Mercury and Venus showed the interview went well and also how they feel about you.

I agree that both sides are probably not 100% satisfied for completely different reasons. They wouldn't have thought I was wrong for the job because I have done this work before but they might have felt on a personal level I might clash with others due to being different, but hopefully they are open to diversity like I am. I don't really see Mercury being as great with that as Jupiter is. I am pretty open minded and had no expectations walking in and was fine with taking or leaving the job, but was hoping it would work out.

Quote:
Isn't Venus combust? Or is it not combust because Mercury is in between? It's also intercepted, isn't it?

Mars, Mercury and Venus are all combust. I actually think there is a specific reason that Venus is combust but I can't post about it online. It is something I brought up in the interview to make sure the hiring manager knew I was aware of it.

Quote:

Mercury conjuncts Venus in Libra. This happens after change of sign. People have different opinions about this.

They conjunct at the end of Virgo on Sept 13th. I checked an epidermis but it is close so it is good to check a chart too. Here is the degree that they conjunct:

img host

Quote:
Regarding the triplicity mutual reception, did I read it correctly?
In Virgo Venus is in night time triplicity of Moon
In Capricorn Moon is in day time triplicity of Venus.
Although it was night and day triplicity I still took it as mutual reception. Is that correct or wrong use of receptions?
Also your chart is a day time chart, does that mean we only look at day time triplicity?
I don't know how to use this day/night triplicity in day/night charts. Can you please explain how to use?

I don't see a lot of horary astrologers that hold fast to the sect usage of dignities made by Lilly, such as Aries being Mars' house dignity in the day and Scorpio at night. Most would give Aries day or night. I tend to do the same with triplicity rulerships myself and some people also use the Dorthean triplicities. If you follow Lilly's scheme then Venus has day triplicity in earth signs but in Dorthean it is day or night. I would say Venus having triplicity rulership does help a little to alleviate being in fall and would be a mutual reception with Mercury, although some astrologers would say Mercury would need to be in two lesser dignities of Venus for Venus to truly receive Mercury. I regard triplicity as a sort of moderate dignity and don't see it needing face or term, but that is just my choice.
Jupiterrising

Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Tanit Smile
Tanit3333

Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A slight update - my friend who gave me a good review was promoted to a management spot and told me they low balled me about salary like I had thought and showed me the salary tiers. I contacted HR about it several times and am not getting a response. I feel like the horary supports some sort of discrimination such as gender discrimination and am considering backing out of the job. Hence, Moon in detriment in a sign of Saturn and it retro in the 2nd. I haven't decided yet but I feel pretty strongly about it. Salary isn't that important to me but being treated fairly is. If they don't address this issue I think I am walking.
Miss Watson

Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tanit,
Thanks for the update.
I'll keep watching the topic and waiting for the outcome!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Horary & Electional Astrology All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: