Jupiter’s station in August (Sidereal)

Jupiter goes direct on August 11th, 2019 at 20°Sc 29' KP ayanamsa.

Jupiter is currently moving very slowly presenting a prolonged station at 20 degrees of Scorpio causing stress for persons or nations with Taurus, Cancer, or Capricorn rising. Primarily for those that have some planet(s) or house center within a few degrees of this by aspect or conjunction.

Note that currently in India’s Independence chart transiting eighth lord Jupiter closely afflicts the natal combust tenth lord Saturn by a ninth house glance. India’s monsoon season is more erratic than ever and flooding in the central part of the country is causing great destruction. Current dasha/bhukti Moon/Jupiter.

Jupiter's affliction will threaten law and order, the business climate, foreign trade, and India’s international reputation. The labor sector and its industries including construction, factories, and general employment will also suffer during this lengthy station creating a situation where the people will become embittered and some struggle for Modi's government to cope as previously predicted.
[Edited 8.10.19 to replace chart graphic as tinypic image hosting has cratered.]

McElwee, Rob. 2019. “India’s Monsoon Flooding More Erratic and the Season Weaker.??? Aljazeera.Com. Al Jazeera. July 28, 2019. https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/07/ ... 34941.html.
Last edited by AJ on Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hi aj,

it seems you are correct to focus on india here.. the chart itself certainly seems challenged.. i am not sure how you interpret the jupiter station though... as ruler of 8/11 is that a big negative?? at present jupiter aspects all the cancer planets.. that will not be the case when jupiter moves into sag...

modi has just revoked article 370 and really created a stir on the world stage.. i am not sure what exactly this means, but on the surface it doesn't look positive... correction - they are tabling the idea of revoking article 370, but it hasn't been revoked yet... see video in twitter link below for perspective on how the house responded to the idea..

https://twitter.com/CNNnews18/status/11 ... 2848694273

moa article -

https://www.moonofalabama.org/2019/08/i ... .html#more

relevant chart - modi 2019 inauguration chart...

one immediately notices the mars in the 8th - ruler of the ascendant.. this is generally an unfavourable set up.. it is made worse by aspecting saturn and the nodal axis.. and of course the eclipse cycle data probably dovetails with this chart for this year and next too in an unhelpful way... i haven't looked the eclipse data yet.. ruler of the 10th is on the 7th house cusp.. ruler of the 8th in the 7th and etc. etc.. i have some mixed thoughts on all that which i will save for later.. moon - ruler of the 9th is besieged by square to saturn-pluto... looking more closely - that would be broken by the trine to jupiter! good thing and this is helpful for the 9th house affairs which goes into modis present tenure as leader of india.. that last part is western astro and my take on it..

on a related note, i do wonder how much the issue of water rights is central to all of this.. the water for both india and pakistan comes from the headwaters in jammu-kashmir... if you look at the chart - moon in pisces in the 5th - square onto 2nd house pluto - seems to suggest this is at least a part of the dynamic here..

james_m wrote: i am not sure how you interpret the jupiter station though... as ruler of 8/11 is that a big negative?? at present jupiter aspects all the cancer planets.. that will not be the case when jupiter moves into sag...
You must see the role of Jupiter as eighth lord clearly. It is a functional malefic for India's Independence chart. Also the most damaging planet.
modi has just revoked article 370 and really created a stir on the world stage.. i am not sure what exactly this means, but on the surface it doesn't look positive... correction - they are tabling the idea of revoking article 370, but it hasn't been revoked yet... see video in twitter link below for perspective on how the house responded to the idea..

https://twitter.com/CNNnews18/status/11 ... 2848694273

moa article -

https://www.moonofalabama.org/2019/08/i ... .html#more
Jupiter was exactly afflicting natal Saturn on August 5th when Modhi declared title 370 abolished and is also closely afflicting natal Venus.
Lord of the army, police, and orders by force transiting Mars is conjunct natal Sun lord of landed properties too.

As of today, August 8, 2019, the Indian controlled section of Kashmir is under lockdown and curfew. Kashmiris are shocked and are starting to express anger. The government is preparing for dissent and protest by deploying tens of thousands of troops with barricades in front of important buildings. Markets, schools, and colleges are closed. It’s anticipated that when and if curfews are lifted large scale demonstrations and violence will ensue.
During Jupiter’s station and after it advances forward there will be much agitation. Jupiter will exactly aspect natal Venus on September 18th indicating setbacks from conflict and possibly fatal accidents involving a large number of deaths and debts.
I think the smoldering embers of Kashmir just got a dose of gasoline. Pakistan is more than a little upset too. Note that Pakistan is taking this to the UN Security Council as predicted: "Jupiter's affliction will threaten law and order, the business climate, foreign trade, and India’s international reputation."

BBC News. 2019. “Article 370: Kashmiris Express Anger at Loss of Special Status,??? August 7, 2019. https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-49261322.

hi aj,

i see the jupiter and how you describe it.. i am just not used to describing jupiter as a functional malefic... it is an indian concept and i am slow to embrace it.. however, i see what you are saying and have to concur based on the data, timing and all else... so, consider it another opportunity for me to see some of the glaring differences between western and indian astrology on display... i never would have picked this up in western astrology..

I don't understand Indian or sidereal astrology, but Jupiter being so close to its station on Sunday 11th August seems to be affecting long distance journeys (Jupiter in Sagittarius) in the UK. Flights and trains are both affected.

i am curious about Jupiter being regarded as a malefic.

Secondary progression view on this potential violent period in India.

A secondary progression of Mars approching natal Pluto and saturn on the IC (land)
is already in orb.

Why this month ?

Secondary progressed Moon is 150' to Pluto and Saturn, triggering this now, and for some months ahead too.

This "malefic" energy seems certain to produce some inflamed issues around land and territory in the country.

P MA-00-PL
P MA-00-SA

P MO-150-SA
P MO-150-PL

Sidereal India chart with secondary progressions.

Re: Jupiter’s sidereal station in August

AJ wrote:Note that currently in India’s Independence chart transiting eighth lord Jupiter closely afflicts the natal combust tenth lord Saturn by a ninth house glance. India’s monsoon season is more erratic than ever and flooding in the central part of the country is causing great destruction. Current dasha/bhukti Moon/Jupiter.

Jupiter's affliction will threaten law and order, the business climate, foreign trade, and India’s international reputation. The labor sector and its industries including construction, factories, and general employment will also suffer during this lengthy station creating a situation where the people will become embittered and some struggle for Modi's government to cope as previously predicted.
Transiting Jupiter went direct on the 11th but is still moving slowly still afflicting India's natal Saturn which will start to ease after the 23rd. Massive loss of life from Monsoon floods, Mass protests in Kashmir with Indian government repression, heavy labor industry is under great stresses due to Jupiter and the long term Saturn/Ketu conjunction. Tensions will ease after the first week of September but the industrial sector will still suffer.
Another short term possibly violent crisis will affect India's government towards the end of September when transiting Jupiter aspects India's natal Sun.

Saturn and Ketu Impacts
Stefan too has addressed the global long term conjunction of Saturn and Ketu since May of this year besides me. Some of our western colleagues too. Saturn is the general significator of the economy with respect to the labor force of a country yet is also is an indicator of oil prices, manufacturing, etc. that has created economic and financial stresses globally. Current reports show economic growth is also slowing in the US. Germany and China have been contracting for months and now showing in hard numbers the potential of recession. The ongoing and worsening China/US trade war and the imminent no-deal BREXIT on October 31, 2019, is making all world trade markets very nervous. Argentina's currency just cratered against the dollar etc. Stresses will continue through October of this year at least.

Rishi Iyengar, CNN Business. 2019. “India’s Car Market Just Had Its Worst Month in 18 Years. 1 Million Jobs Are at Risk.??? CNN. 2019. https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/13/business ... index.html.

‌“Photos: Flooding Claims More than 300 Lives in India, Myanmar and Pakistan.??? 2019. Accuweather.Com. 2019. https://www.accuweather.com/en/weather- ... a/70009049.

‌Suchitra Mohanty. 2019. “India Needs Time to Restore Order in Kashmir: Top Court Judge.??? U.S. Reuters. August 13, 2019. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-indi ... SKCN1V315I.

Yes saturn and Ketu makes it uncertain worldwide...

This is from another good astrologer who is good at financial
astrology Christopher keville a Canadian, very nice guy which I
had some contact with before.

http://www.modernvedicastrology.com/fed ... ly-29-2019
In the early spring, I thought the market would be vulnerable to deeper declines in 2019, especially during the summer. One key reason for my concern was the conjunction of Saturn and Ketu (South Lunar Node). These are two natural malefics which do not combine well and can signal major declines and even bear markets. This conjunction occurs every 12 years or so and while they do not always correlate with declines, bearish outcomes occurred more frequently than chance would predict such as in 1939, 1962, 1973 and 2007.

Also this from Christophers pen...

http://www.modernvedicastrology.com/us- ... 9-august-5
So where does this all end? I am reluctant to make a specific prediction but the trade friction and financial fallout are likely to continue for a while yet. As I have noted previously, the Chinese economy was likely to suffer economically in the late summer period due to the Saturn direction station. The ongoing Saturn-Ketu conjunction (=obstacles, disappointments, disruptions) aligns almost exactly with China's natal Mercury (commerce, trade) at this time. Saturn is due to station at 19 Sagittarius on September 18 and this will square the Mercury at 20 Virgo. It's a nasty pattern for economic activity as it means that China is likely to slow further and that US actions will continue to be a problem. The potential damage of the Saturn station is intensified by the close conjunction of Mercury with Neptune and Ketu in the China natal horoscope.