Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

Mercury goes Retrograde on Sunday 7th July

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Nativities & General Astrology
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fleur

Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:26 am    Post subject: Mercury goes Retrograde on Sunday 7th July Reply with quote

I was going to just comment about the upcoming Mercury Retrograde in someone else's thread but thought theirs was a more specific question so best to open a separate thread.

Retrograde Mercury will be conjunct Mars at the beginning of next week, in around 4 degrees Leo. I don't know if this is a good or bad thing?

Mercury goes retrograde on Sunday 7th July 2019 at 23:16 hours at about 4 degrees Leo 25 minutes. It goes direct again on Thursday 1st August at 03:58 hours at about 23 degrees Cancer 59 minutes.

Last edited by Fleur on Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:32 pm; edited 3 times in total
Fleur

Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am especially curious as Mercury stations exactly on an important part of my chart, but one that doesn't normally cause issues with the practical world, which is what tends to give me a lot of grief, ie Saturn. It will make an aspect to my Saturn later in July when it retrogrades into Cancer.
WooWoo

Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good On you Fleur !!

Luckily the Danger Factors are spaced out this time but the retro phase does start with a Mars conjunction.

Though we do have an Eclipse Season to add to the other Factors.

The Full Moon is completed well before the Combustion happens.

Venus conjunction r.Mercury too and this can upset things too.

But they all come spaced out over time.

H
Tanit3333

Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could heighten accidents, and I would say to be careful to not start arguments with others because it will be rife with miscommunication and could end badly. I would not purchase a car and expect damage of possible packages, etc. Be extra careful with anything Mercury related and keep the peace.

I honestly think it is worse if Mars is retro because it emphasizes more of the unpredictability of Mars and in a fire sign it could potentially be more destructive in that way, especially in a day chart. Leo is a fixed sign though so it is not quite as unpredictable as some of the other signs, you could argue. I have to be careful in general during Mercury-Mars transits because I have a conjunction in natal and it often brings it out in me, even when I am unaware of the transit. I got into a bad argument with someone (I did not start it but I did not make it easier) on Wednesday this week but I was able to come to my senses and make peace.

I have a bad memory of Mars in Leo transits after a horrible year of it being retro in 2009-2010 so am not looking forward to this Mars transit, even direct, but not so much for Mercury's movement. I became intimate with the energy of Mars in Leo in my 2nd in what seemed like an endless transit. I will watch my resources and be careful of theft issues.
Tanit3333

Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I am especially curious as Mercury stations exactly on an important part of my chart, but one that doesn't normally cause issues with the practical world, which is what tends to give me a lot of grief, ie Saturn. It will make an aspect to my Saturn later in July when it retrogrades into Cancer.

Does Mercury lord your chart in profections this year or is it active in progressions in some capacity? If not, it might not be significant or might be a transient effect that signals something short. If you have it in Cancer, Saturn in Cancer gives several of my family members a lot of grief as well. It is not an easy placement (one has it lording their chart, the other has it in their first house). Howevever, I would be more worried about the fact that Saturn in Capricorn conjunct Pluto is opposite Cancer than a Mercury retro transit.

Mercury is already slow and I had an online order that was just shipped and came today, for print art, but the print is crooked on the burlap paper the artist printed it on, and it is irritating me a lot (I am guessing they are probably going to send me another one that is hopefully not crooked). It ruined something I was looking forward to for weeks. I had hoped to receive all online orders before the transit.
james_m

Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this topic of mercury retro always seems to haunt astrological forums and be in the news!

what about the idea that mercury can act differently depending on the chart? this is a concept that is very developed in indian astrology, but not so much in western astrology... if for example one has mercury retro by birth, how will that change the reading? if mercury is in a difficult house by birth, how does this change the read? and on and on i could go...

sorry, but i love playing devils advocate and frankly in all my life this concept - bugaboo of mercury retro which has been given so much news time, just hasn't done much of anything to me... maybe it's due the set up in my chart!

fwiw - retrograde planets are said to be stronger in indian astrology... i haven't fully apprehended this concept either, but concepts are fun to play around with.. unless i experience something first hand, i am very reluctant to take the concept any further then just that - a concept.. some will swear by it and others won't... such is life...
Fleur

Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somebody was enjoying today's Mercury retrograde conjunct Mars. 19 year old, I wonder what his chart looks like?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7223611/Daredevil-spotted-scaling-1-000ft-tall-Shard.html
Tanit3333

Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do know of a daredevil rock climber from my area of the US with Mercury retro in Leo conjunct Mars: Alex Honnold. Often they seem to have Jupiter with Mars for some obvious reasons, but Mercury to me signifies the dexterity of the body in some respect. Uranus in the mix seems pretty common too, especially with Mars and the Moon (such as in Petit's chart who we looked at before), showing a need for excitement. Honnold's chart shows his Mercury pretty afflicted and influencing the 8th, so that could translate to some serious issues for him if he isn't careful.

https://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Honnold,_Alex

Leo is obviously a sign that can show attention-seeking too.

Mercury afflicted can show someone who doesn't follow the rules too and is common in the charts of criminals for this reason (the "trickster" planet). The young guy you posted about was lucky to not be arrested but he broke rules and studied the area for many days.

Someone tried to break into my apartment today during the day, but luckily I was home and scared them off (or maybe my dog did).
Fleur

Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just had a telephone call pretending to be from my telephone and internet provider, claiming somebody abroad was hacking my internet, and they asked me to cooperate with them and go online with my laptop or other device. I hung up and went to their website, where they say they will never do this. I am 99% sure it was a scam. Just the kind of thing Tanit was describing for Mercury.
Fleur

Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7278419/Alton-Towers-Smiler-ride-breaks-leaving-passengers-hanging-100ft-air-20-minutes.html

I wonder if this theme park ride breaking down is to do with Mercury Retrograde? The article says it happened just before 6pm tonight.

Tanit3333

Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Moon would have been besieged if not for Jupiter. I see the chart more so as a close call for danger that was mitigated by the influence of Jupiter. It probably isn't so much Mercury as the Moon, although Mercury retro is not helpful. As scary as it was, it sounds like no one was actually hurt.
james_m

Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think this happens a bit more often then amusement park visitors might enjoy knowing..

here is one from july 14th in ahmadabad, india.. at least 2 people dead..

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/pendulum-ride-breaks-india-ahmedabad-accident-break-amusement-park/

see the list on wkipedia for more examples..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_incidents_at_independent_amusement_parks

one happened in uzbekistan on june 29th as well - one women died..

https://metro.co.uk/2019/06/29/woman-19-dies-theme-park-ride-breaks-apart-mid-air-10090021/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Nativities & General Astrology All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: