Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

First Day New Job - Mercury Goes Retrograde

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Nativities & General Astrology
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StellarTiggy

Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:52 pm    Post subject: First Day New Job - Mercury Goes Retrograde Reply with quote

Hi Everyone!

What are your experiences with starting a new job on the same day Mercury stations retrograde? Did the person leave, get fired, did the job responsibilities change, did they stay at the company but get transferred to another department?

ST
Tanit3333

Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is more so an event chart area than general astrology but I will leave the post in this area in case others argue it is a transit.

In my experience with event charts (and horary), Mercury stationary versus retro is not generally hugely different (unless maybe you are, say, analyzing a health issue). I am skeptical that Mercury stationary direct versus stationary retro is much better. Traditional authors claim that stationary direct is better (like a sick person getting better) but it is still debilitated. If Mercury is slow or retro, I tend to see it as similar debility, but I may be too simplistic about it.

I started my current job around a time when Mercury in Virgo went stationary direct in 2017 (also conjunct Mars like this current transit next month). My main issues have been with paperwork during the initial hiring process (lots of miscommunications with the employer getting my paperwork handled) and also loads of technical problems related to my employee account (I use a lot of computer apps in my work and there have been so many issues with my logins and not having the proper IT support setup ahead of time, etc.).

IT at my job in general is not very good but that is not my job and I don't have time to deal with it. I find it extremely frustrating because it has not been like that everywhere else I have worked. Details at the job in general are often glossed over or unclear (protocols, etc.). Part of me likes the flexibility, though.

I have been working here almost 2 years and have not transferred anywhere, but all 2 years have had these technical/information issues. I have a dignified, swift direct Mercury in natal with an out of sign aspect conjunct Mars though (also dignified, swift direct). My mental aptitude has been discussed more at this job than most other jobs, I have found (a general appreciation for how quick I am).

My worst experience was starting a new job when Mars went retro in Cancer. Hostile work environment. It was on my ascendant though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Nativities & General Astrology All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: