new zealand mosque attack

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christchu ... _shootings

in analyzing this event from an astro pov, i am curious how much of the conjunction of sun-mercury-midheaven in trine to rahu factors into this event? obviously other factors like mars in 12th - malefic of the opposite sect, jupiter - ruler of the planets in the midheaven also rules the 8th.. anyone have any special insights that they would like to offer on this chart i would be curious.. thanks.. i used krisnamurti system.. i thought it was interesting rahu in the last degree and the planets in the midheaven in the first degree... i did a post on this in the mundane forum as well..

Thank you for posting the Krishnamurti chart, James. I've found that Rahu is prominent in event charts that affect many people. In this case it would be interesting to compare the true node with the given mean node. Can you give us the so-called true node, James?

The authors of the Betz ephemeris (Lahiri) claim that their node calculation is more precise than either the mean or so-called true node. Their node position is 0 Cancer 53 (minus 6 min for K) which would give an in-sign trine to the MC/Mer/Sun. The chart certainly has a number of critical degrees, less than a degree into signs.

For precision, the navamsa ascendant at 11 Aries 57 is only a few minutes from the cusp of natal 12th at 11 Aries 27. (Lahiri would be about a navmasa degree less.) If Rahu is in the early minutes of Cancer, then Rahu would be conjunct Sun/Me/MC in the navamsa chart.

Navamsa Mars/Saturn conjunction is on the 7th natal cusp in Scorpio. Mars is in the degree of red Antares: 16 Scorpio 39 (K).

With the Mean Node navamsa Ketu is conjunct natal Sat/Pluto/Ketu. That's a mean looking conjunction for anyone with planets or cusps in those degrees.
http://www.snowcrest.net/sunrise/LostZodiac.htm

Oh, this is really interesting!! With the Fagan-Bradley SVP, the ingress chart (The Sun's entry into a sign) of Sun in Pisces hasn't happened yet. So the ingress chart would be for Aquarius, the month before. I'll try to post both these charts later. The theory of ingress charts is that they highlight key events for the month for a specific location. I use the monthly ingress chart, but Fagan astrologers only use the four cardinal charts, especially the Capricorn ingress for the year.

This would be a great comparison test of ayanamsas.

thanks therese! i thought so too.. true note is 0 cancer 48...

here is an overlay of navamsha on the outside - event chart on the inside - mean node.. if one uses the true node - it remains in cancer in both charts as well..

pluto and rahu are in the same signs in both charts.. - Vargottam - i guess i better familiarize myself with the terms...

here is the capricorn ingress chart..

Thanks for the charts, James. It's always nice to see bi-wheels. I've never quite agreed with the Fagan people on the importance of the Capricorn ingress. They have transferred that chart from the Tropical Capricorn ingress which has more symbolic meaning. So I use the monthly ingress charts.

The Pisces ingress which happened the morning of the attack (10:49:52 am) has Uranus on the Aries ascendant and Mars trine Saturn-Pluto-Ketu at the top of the chart. I haven't had time to get the chart on-line. Close trine aspects to the angles are important because of the triangle linked houses in charts (triplicities). I've seen many, many close trines to angles in traumatic event charts.

I looked at star aspects including conjunction,opposition,and square.

page 96 of The Fixed Stars & Constellations In Astrology by Vivian E. Robson:

The most powerful effect of a star is exercised when it is conjunct or parallel with a planet. It is usual to take the conjunction in exactly the same way as a planetary conjunction in a horoscope, that is by the degree of ecliptic longitude affected by the star, and the parallel by its declination, and these positions are the only orthodox ones to use. It will be found, however, that the opposition is almost as powerful as the conjunction, and that the square has an undeniable influence which will be unwise to neglect.

from astrologycom site:

The fixed stars have an influence when in conjunction, opposition, square or parallel aspect with a planet, or significant point in the horoscope.

Fixed stars are also said to "cast no rays" meaning that aspects other than conjunction should not be considered, but this is by no means always the case, as demonstrated by Rosenberg.

astrologycom.com/fixedstars.html

I am not even sure if projecting stars onto the ecliptic is way to go for me, well......not with stars that are not on the ecliptic

That's why I prefer Right Ascension, Declination, and Parans.

I am starting to feel the same about 3D aspects because they take also latitude into account.

Aspects in 3D (Taking both ecliptic longitude and ecliptic latitude into account)

No more than 1 degree orb

Sun-Mercury retrograde conjunction

square Zeta Taurus Al Hecka - According to Ptolemy it is of the nature of Mars, but Alvidas suggests that of Mercury and Saturn conjoined. It gives violence, male violence and danger of accidents. [Robson*, p.125.]

square Epsilon Orion Alnilam - Alnilam with the Sun: Rash, headstrong, surly. If also culminating, military preferment and gain. [Robson*, p.128.]

square M42 Orion Nebula Ensis - Of the nature of Mars and the Moon. It causes blindness, defective sight (all nebula gives this effect), injuries to the eyes, sickness and a violent death. [Robson*, p.165.]

square Iota Orion Hatsya - Influences: According to Ptolemy the bright stars with the exception of Betelgeuze and Bellatrix are like Jupiter and Saturn. It is said to give a strong and dignified nature, self-confidence, inconstancy, arrogance, violence, impiety, prosperity in trade and particularly by voyages or abroad, but danger of treachery and poison. It was thought by the Romans to be very harmful to cattle and productive of storms. By the Kabalists it is associated with the Hebrew letter Aleph and the 1st Tarot Trump "The Juggler." [Robson*, p.55.]

square Upsilon Scorpius Lesath - it gives danger,desperation,immorality,and malevolence, and is connected with acid poisons [Robson*, p.173.]

square Lambda Orion Meissa - Influences: According to Ptolemy the bright stars with the exception of Betelgeuze and Bellatrix are like Jupiter and Saturn. It is said to give a strong and dignified nature, self-confidence, inconstancy, arrogance, violence, impiety, prosperity in trade and particularly by voyages or abroad, but danger of treachery and poison. It was thought by the Romans to be very harmful to cattle and productive of storms. By the Kabalists it is associated with the Hebrew letter Aleph and the 1st Tarot Trump "The Juggler." [Robson*, p.55.]

square Lambda Scorpius Shaula - Of the nature of Mercury and Mars. It gives danger, desperation, immorality and malevolence, and is connected with acid poisons. [Robson*, p.173, under Lesath.]

Mercury retrograde

square Lambda Hercules Maasym - According to Ptolemy it is like Mercury. It is said to give strength of character, tenacity and fixity of purpose, an ardent nature and dangerous passions. By the Kabalists it is associated with the Hebrew letter Daleth and the fourth Tarot Trump "The Emperor". [Robson*, p.47.]

square Theta Scorpius Sargas - Ptolemy makes the following observations: "The bright stars in the front of the body of Scorpio have an effect similar to that produced by the influence of Mars, and partly to that produced by Saturn: the three in the body itself . . . are similar to Mars and moderately to Jupiter: those in the joints of the tail are like Saturn and partly like Venus: those in the sting, like Mercury and Mars." By the Kabalists Scorpio is associated with the Hebrew letter Oin and the 16th Tarot Trump "The Lightning-Struck Tower." [Robson*, p.60-61.]

Venus

square Alpha Libra Zuben Elgenubi - According to Ptolemy and the old writers it is of the nature of Saturn and Mars, but later authors substitute Saturn and Venus or Saturn and Mercury, and Alvidas likens it to Mars, Venus and Saturn. It causes malevolence, obstruction, an unforgiving character, violence, disease, lying, crime, disgrace, and danger of poison. [Robson*, p.205.]

Aspects in Declination (Equatorial Latitude)

no more than 10 minute orb

Moon

parallel Gamma Cancer Asselus Borealis - The general influences of Aselli: According to Ptolemy both the Aselli are of the nature of Mars and the Sun, but Alvidas states that the North Asellus (Asellus Borealis, identified with Balaam's Ass) is like the Sun and Mars in sextile, and the South Asellus (Asellus Australis, called the Mare Ass, A Resting Place, and the Ending or Stop) like the Sun and Mars in semisquare. Together they give care and responsibility, with a charitable and fostering nature, but danger of violent death, serious accidents and burns. [Robson*, p.141.]

Mercury Retrograde

parallel Sadalmelik - According to Ptolemy it is of the nature of Saturn and Mercury; to Simmonite, of Saturn and Jupiter; and to Alvidas of Jupiter and Uranus in sextile to the Sun from Pisces and Taurus. It causes persecution, lawsuits, extreme and sudden destruction and the death penalty. [Robson*, p.200.]

Venus

parallel Delta Capricorn Deneb Algedi - According to Ptolemy it is of the nature of Saturn and Jupiter; and, to Alvidas, of Uranus and Mercury in Aquarius in opposition to Saturn in Leo. It is said to cause beneficence and destructiveness, sorrow and happiness, and life and death. [Robson*, p.159.]

parallel Alpha Libra Zuben Elgenubi - same theme as Venus square Zuben Elgenubi

a double whammy of Venus-Zuben Elgenubi

Aspects in Right Ascension (Equatorial Longitude)

no more than 1 degree orb

Mars

conjunct Beta Perseus Algol - '50 - Of the nature of Saturn and Jupiter. It causes misfortune, violence, decapitation, hanging, electrocution and mob violence, and gives a dogged and violent nature that causes death to the native or others. It is the most evil star in the heavens. [Robson*, p.124.]

conjunct Alpha Cetus Menkar (The Sea Monster's Jaw) - '42 - According to Ptolemy it is of the nature of Saturn; to Simmonite, of Mars; and, to Alvidas, of Venus and the Moon. It causes disease, disgrace, ruin, injury from beasts, sickness, and loss of fortune. [Robson*, p.176.]

conjunct Rho Perseus Gorgona Tortia (The Third Gorgon) - '04 - seems to be similar to Algol but weaker

Algol has a seriously bad reputation, and Mars happens to be conjunct Algol in Right Ascension! Mars is conjunct three stars linked to mythological monsters in Right Ascension.

Note:

When Sun is in the last degree of Sidereal Aquarius and entering Sidereal Pisces, it squares stars in Scorpius and Orion