Depression

I had thought about doing a horary with the question, how long till I get past this depression, but then realized i have no idea what house would signify depression! I was thinking maybe 12th, or first, but really no idea. Anyone have an idea?

thanks, Granny

depression flowing from death or loss, I would choose the 8th.

depression as the result of poor physical health, disability or other illness, possibly the 6th.

however as a general indicator of depression (especially chronic depression not connected with a single identifiable event) I would choose the 12th.

kurgal wrote: However as a general indicator of depression (especially chronic depression not connected with a single identifiable event) I would choose the 12th.
I suppose I should provide some rationale for that assertion!

Mental illness is covered by the 12th House.

Whereas the 6th House represents those demons in our physical environment with which we must do battle, the 12th House symbolises our "inner" demons..the ones we battle in our own minds and souls...mental illness is obviously one such demon (along with states of fear, paranoia, etc).

Depression is now officially classified as a mental illness, so the 12th House clearly applies.

And even if depression were not a mental illness, it would still fall within the 12th House, as an "inner demon".

Depression

Grannyskot, you might want to take a look at your transists and progressions to see when the depression might lift. If transiting Saturn is in your twelfth that might indicate depression.

However, since depression is a serious matter, I hope you are seeking medical help and not just waiting around for it to "lift."

Good luck!

Saturn is not in my 12th, Jupiter is however but will be out in september. You'd think Jupiter would be a happy planet in the 12th... sigh.

as to medical help, no. I've been in far worse shape than this, I am just tired of being in astuck place and hoping it will lift soon. thought about doing a horary and realized I hadn't a clue as to where depression lay. Inner demons suck... outer demons at least you can shoot.

Granny