Financial Success?

Hello:

I’m trying to understand if an individual would have financial success in 5th house activities such as creative projects, investments or maybe gambling based on the condition of the 2nd, 5th, and 8th houses in the natal chart.

Specifically I’m unsure of how Jupiter being in detriment as well as Saturn opposing the 2nd house changes the interpretation. This is a night chart.

Also since the 11th house is dignified would operating one’s own business be profitable? (Chiron is the only planet in aspect to the cusp of 11 by square from 8th)

In Temples in the Sky, Deborah Houlding has written:
…the 8th house is where our loss can become another’s gain. (Pages
25-26)

…in matters concerning our own financial matters it is most important to see that the 2nd house is supportative and free from affliction. (Page 26)

Footnote to the above: To protect against the potential for damage through association with the 8th house and its ruler, traditional rules dictate this to be one area where we should be careful to ensure that there is effective reception from the 8th-ruler in any aspect it makes with the ruler of the 1st or 2nd. (Page 26).

L2/11 = Mercury in Virgo in 1
L5/8 = Jupiter in Gemini in 11
L3/10 = Venus in Libra in 3

Saturn (peregrine) is in partile conjunction with the 8th house cusp and opposes Sun in Virgo (LOA, peregrine) in the 2nd.

Venus applies to a trine with Jupiter which in turn applies to an out-of-sign sextile with Mercury.

Despite the fact that the 2/11 ruler is well dignified/fortified, there is no reception from the 5/8 ruler and Saturn opposes the cusp. The ruler of 5/8 is in detriment but in a good house and ?helped by Venus. It makes an application to the 2/11 ruler.

To me this means “mixed testimonies??? - that there may be money coming in due to the individual’s (great) efforts but the money may be dispersed as fast as it earned? (Sun in 2, Saturn opposing from 8, Jupiter, L5/8, applying to Mercury, L2/11)

Any feedback greatly appreciated.
The Moon is opposing Jupiter. Don't get involved, it's their problem. Jim Critchfield

The description reminded me a little of Oprah's chart. Not to say that they will be rich like her but that her chart has some mixed testimony and similar signification. She had a lot of bad odds that she overcame. Like many people with afflicted financial indicators, they can either come from no money or lose it, etc. She has Sun in the 2nd and the 2nd ruler is Saturn in the 11th square the 2nd house planets. A bad Sun influencing finances can show dispersal of income but it can also show that the inheritance from the father is lacking or nonexistent. I also have Sun (peregrine and unaspected) influencing the 2nd and come from poverty - sometimes the lack of father figure or a bad one can be a galvanizing factor for success. Her 1st house ruler is Jupiter in detriment in the 6th and it trines the 2nd house planets, suggesting it mitigates the influence of Saturn a bit too but it comes through hard work and the native's own efforts (which would likely benefit others somehow too). Her Saturn is fairly difficult in a night chart and she is still successful. If the 2nd ruler is in the 1st (or 1st ruler in the 2nd or with the 2nd house planets), it suggests money comes via the native's own efforts, and I am guessing her efforts were enormous. Whether those efforts are good depends on the quality of the factors you mentioned, as well as the PoF and its ruler, but also on the free will of the native. I would agree that the native has mixed financial indicators for success given what you said. Mercury in Virgo as the 2nd house financial ruler would not really be a 5th house realm either, but you did mention Venus rules the 10th and is dignified. Both of the benefics in general influence finances and Venus in a night chart and well dignified is usually very good unless afflicted. What does Mercury separate from? The planet that most influences how Mercury behaves in its aspects is typically the planet whose light it carries. If it is carrying the light of a benefic, that would help it a lot as well in its strength but it also helps describe the planets that influence the matter. Notice how in Oprah's chart Mercury in the 2nd separates from a trine to Jupiter. It applies to Mars but brings the light of Jupiter to that aspect. Mercury-Jupiter in her chart mixed with Mars likely shows her communication, research/intellect and fighting nature are in part what brings her financial success. The influence of Mars for her is difficult though - probably money brings other problems for her or even danger. Anyway, I was just using her chart as an example. I think you have to look at aspects as well as rulerships. I am no financial expert but I have looked at finances more as indicators in charts lately. You can also look at triplicity rulers to get an idea of when certain planets might be more prevalent, such as Venus lording over 5th house matters and being dignified in the 10th. If they are planning to start a 5th house venture, a Venus profection year would probably be good.

Good grief! I was looking at that chart to distract myself from something else - I was distracted alright!

Of course Mercury separates from Jupiter.

Thanks Tanit.

:D
The Moon is opposing Jupiter. Don't get involved, it's their problem. Jim Critchfield