Outer planets

Hi all, new to the place and community, best to all. I'm lurking around for a few months now, and I kinda like the place, polite and full of wisdom. Anyway, I am sure the topic was chewed to death long ago but I'd like to input my 2 c's. The ancients didn't have any idea about the outer bodies and still they did a great job. I, for one, tend to stick to old rules and norms, as a line of attitude, and also b/c using them loads the plate too much, in some cases, and turns it into something which is too heavy to discern, like the one who doesn't see the forest b/c of the too many trees out there. Frex.: Will she still return to me? Mo trines Ven, 7th sig. and from there, trines Mar, 1st sig., but on the way, it opp. Plu in 10th cosig. On the face of it, Plu obstructs Ven/she from falling right into the arms of Mar/he, but if the chart would have been made in some earlier century, the astrologer would say unequivocally a yes w capital y, right? Since Plu is in 10th, it begs to be considered, moreover, it makes sext. to Ven & Mar, plus being in 'talens' w Ven, so my verdict would be also YES to the q. on both accounts: by the old rules w/o any consideration given to Plu, and also by saying yes BUT on the way, there will be an opposition to the matter, which, again, will end positively.
Plu/Cap - What Was, Will Never Be & What Will Be, Never Was

Hi astrodan,

Welcome to Skyscript! You will find a lot of traditionalists who do not use the outer planets, and not just in horary. In our traditional forum we often get in debates regarding the mystery charts and other matters where some of us disagree on the importance of the outer bodies. Personally, I am flexible but I do think with horary the outer planets do not hold major influence over the matter asked about. That is, they do not lead to perfection of the thing asked about. If a Moon was void of course but applying to an outer planet, I would still call it VOC, for example. They tend to help describe in horary or add emphasis on things that are already shown by the inner planets. I feel like they add important coloring sometimes to a given chart. In natal I think they are abolsutely important, though (personally).

Thank you, Tanit for welcoming me. Agree totally, coloring and all. I would like to add that Plu makes talens w Mar also, therefore mitigating the opp w the malefic Plu twice, on her part and on his part too, and having Mo in 4th/Can - End (didn't want to add too many details at first), the conclusion should be YES (in spite of the opp): the matter ends positively w a significant, maybe, reluctance on her part.
Plu/Cap - What Was, Will Never Be & What Will Be, Never Was

Hi Astrodan

I also agree with Tanit. I have seen outer planets esp. when present near the relevant cusps showing events or other other important things. Uranus often figures in interesting ways showing the suddenness of an event and Neptune generally depicts confusion, delusion and lies. i dont have much experience with regards to Pluto but i have heard from some that it brings some misfortune when conjunct a significator. I havent personally confirmed this.