which house system is best for solar returns

I've found that the solar returns I do are not always spot on. I've tried using different house systems. Just wondering what house system forum readers feel is the most accurate.

For example Koch houses seem to work for health, but whole seem to work for general year. I'm asking because sometimes the house system shifts a planet into one house or the other.

Any thoughts???

Hi moonwise,

That´s a very interesting question. I think that for some reason that I don't know Placidus is especially good for SR. I have found sometimes that the ASC progression (quotidian or daily) on Placidus cusps in the SR is significant. For example: medical problems (cusps 6 and 12). I clarify that this observation is occasional and does not correspond to an exhaustive investigation.

I have obtained this success only with Placidus despite having contrasted it with other systems like Koch o Regiomontanus. And this is the main reason why I have not changed Placidus for other quadrant house system. Nonetheless, I wouldn't venture to assert that placidus is the “best??? or the “only??? house system. In fact, I recommend Whole Signs Houses too.

Cheers!